Battle Within: The Spider-Man 3 Thread (Spoilers Ahead!)

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Well, you know these writers and directors are always talking about a sequel, as soon as they get done with the film (case in point, Ang Lee soon after the release of Hulk in 2003--a sequel's in the works, but not under Lee's supervision).

I have heard something about a sequel, but I doubt if it'll happen, despite the film's huge box office record this past weekend.

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
Yeah, it seems to be getting a poor reception. By the way, thanks again for helping me with my avatar! I can't express my graditude!

muppetwriter

Reaction score
You're welcome.:big_grin:

Looks like there's going to be another exclusive "never-before-seen" look at Spider-Man 3 during next week's broadcast of Heroes on NBC. I just hope they live up to their word and actually have new footage to show.

Also, I'm finding out about some "Collector's Edition" to the video game that's coming out for the PS3 platform (another bit of good news for those of you who own two of the next-gen consoles next to Xbox 360). In it, there's a special exclusive in which players can be Harry Osborn (a.k.a. The New Goblin) and roam through the city as him

Some new pics have been appearing on the official site for the game, some are on SHH!'s website right now. Pretty marvelous.:smile:

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Some more pics of new SM3 toys have popped up online, as well as some marvelous ones of character busts.

http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2007/03/with_great_powe.html#more

Also, there's some news about a new Spider-Man animated series coming to Kids' WB on The CW, starting early next year. This is what was posted on SHH!:

Spider-Man swings back into television action in early 2008 as an animated series from Culver Entertainment to air on Kids' WB! on The CW, it was announced by Kids' WB! Senior Vice President and General Manager Betsy McGowen and Sony Pictures Television Co-President Zack Van Amburg.

Tentatively titled The Amazing Spider-Man, the new series is being produced by Culver Entertainment. Greg Weisman (Gargoyles, The Batman) is supervising producer, Victor Cook (Hellboy: Blood and Iron and Buzz Lightyear of Star Command) is producer/supervising director. The series will premiere on Kids' WB! on The CW, the No.1 rated Saturday morning kids broadcast slate.

"The addition of 'Spider-Man' bolsters a lineup that has proved to be the Saturday morning destination for kids seeking action and adventure in the most amped-up ways," McGowen said. "We're ecstatic to welcome 'Spider-Man' to our popular cavalcade of super heroes."

"Spider-Man is such an important brand for Sony Pictures and we're thrilled to keep the momentum going by taking it back to television with an animated series on Kids' WB!," Van Amburg said. "It's also an excellent way to launch Culver Entertainment, our newest television company."

Riding the crest of Sony's anticipated summer blockbuster Spider-Man 3, the new animated series picks up the original web-slinger's mythology at the beginning of his hero's journey - as a not-so-typical 16-year-old entering his junior year of high school. Having spent the summer engaging common criminals with his new-found powers, Peter Parker must conceal his secret identity while engaging a new level of terror - the multi-leveled pressures of teenage life at home and school while combating bigger, badder super-villains in the real world.

"Our goal is to reinterpret these great characters and concepts for our millennium," Weisman said. "We'll have plenty of resonant material for the Spider-Man fan, while engaging the Spider-Man novice with the same thrills we experienced when we were first exposed to the character. Our stories will appeal on multiple levels with plenty of eye-candy, action, humor and colorful characters for the youngest demographic balanced with extensive character development for 'tweens, teens and adults."
I just hope it's more like the Fox Kids series rather than that poor MTV one.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Me, too. If it's going to become anything like Gargoyles or The Batman, then this'll be the first Spidey series to have the exact same formula that the movies carry. The MTV one tried to have it, but they couldn't.

Here's some more updates I've found from SHH!'s site:

There's going to be a new trailer attached to the release of 300 next weekend. As if the new footage surrounding this Monday's season finale of Heroes on NBC wasn't enough.:smile:

Also, check out this new artwork that has just come up online:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=5274

muppetwriter

Reaction score
You're welcome.:smile:

Here's a description of the new Spider-Man 3 trailer that might be attached to the release of 300 this upcoming Friday.

It starts with Eddie Brock going into the church and the “I want you to kill Spider-Man” line. Very dark trailer, all about the symbiote. The Columbia logo turns to black (like black Spidey). There's a new scene with Dr. Connors (aka Lizard) with Peter and they have a small sample of the symbiote and the catch it in an upside-down beaker, and it jumps around. Connors says “it seems to like you.” Another new scene is an extended one of Spidey in his black suit webslinging through some building with subways going by with the camera following (awesome shot) and he ends up right at Sandman before it cuts. Another new line from Mary Jane: “I'm worried about you.” And another cut where Peter says “I need your help.” Near the end it has the text “a hero must fight” (from the other trailers) but then says “the venom within” instead and it cuts to Peter ripping off the symbiote in the bell tower and extended catch scene where a lot more of the symbiote falls onto Brock than just the drop. Then it shows the zooming into the mouth scene we've seen before. Then it shows the title and “May 4″ and fades slowly into the last scene. Then the newest part is it shows Peter ripped up and battered, half of his Spidey suit on his face is torn off, and he's looking around the construction area, confused and beaten, and all of a sudden Venom's hands come down and grab Spidey and pull him up out of frame.
That last part sounded like something out of a horror movie to me!:eek:

Can't wait! Can't wait!:excited: