Battle Within: The Spider-Man 3 Thread (Spoilers Ahead!)

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Some new marvelous pics of the Spider-Man 3 merchandise has just come up online. They're taken from the 2007 Toy Fair, and according to some of these pics, action figures of The Lizard, The Scorpion, the first Green Goblin, and Doc Ock will be released with the others for the SM3 characters.

Sounds pretty cool, huh? Well, check out the pics, they'll make you just as more excited to get them next month.:smile:

http://www.comingsoon.net/cgi-bin/imageFolio.cgi?direct=Toy_Fair_2007/Spider-Man

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
Thanks muppetwriter! Sigh, is any one else as annoyed as I am with these spider-man vehicles? GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEADS TOY COMPANIES!!! SPIDER-MAN DOESN'T USE CARS, MOTORCYCLES, OR HELICOPTERS!!! Sorry, just venting my frustration.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
LoL!! I agree. Those figurines are getting VERY annoying.:grouchy:

For anyone who owns an Nintendo Wii, I sort of envy you right now (I own an Xbox 360), because this news just came up on SuperHeroHype!

Have you gotten your hands on the new Wii? Then you're in luck. According to the EB Games website, the Wii version of the Spider-Man 3 video game includes two bonus Marvel villains: Morbius and Shriek.
I was hoping something like this wouldn't happen, because I had to get an Xbox when Spider-Man: The Movie came out on different platforms in 2002, because the Xbox version included bonus missions involving Kraven the Hunter. But I guess I have no reason to complain, since one of the main villains in the game that I'm looking forward to is Venom.:smile:

Check out the site for the game when you get the chance. They're having a contest to see who gets to be the first one to play the game in the middle of the month.

http://web.sm3thegame.com/

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
System exclusives like these get annoying. If they're going to stuff like this, why don't they give each version an exclusive?

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
Thanks again for bringing news muppetwriter! Hey, have you seen Ghost Rider yet?

muppetwriter

Reaction score
I have, and I must say that even though the special effects were nicely done, the movie's storyline could have used a bit of work. Nicholas Cage was a good Johnny Blaze, Eva Mendes was (in my opinion) irrevelant to the main plot, and Peter Fonda and Wes Bentley made more frightening versions of Mephisto and Blackheart.

What I kind of wished out of the fight sequences in the movie was something that most have been wishing, and that's the fact that they could've been a lot longer. Ghost Rider is no doubt a powerful hero, but Mark Steven Johnson made him out to be too powerful. Each elemental angel that Blackheart had sent after him was defeated too easily by GR. And the final battle, though cleverly written, was just too short and you could only see half of Blackheart's true form.

Overall, if I were to get it any type of rating, I'd have to go with a "C+", mostly for effort.:smile:

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
Yeah, the final battle was kind of dissapointing. (MINOR SPOILER ALERT) I heard we would see Blackheart's true form, but all that happened was his eyes turned red, his face blue, and he got some spike side burns.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
And that was only half of what he looks like in the comics. Mark Steven Johnson did a great job in giving the movie that same feel as the comics, but it was only that one part where he messed up.