Bear on Patrol Fozzie

Luke

Reaction score
Jamie,

Ken has mentioned a few times these last weeks that a Gonzo/Rizzo MTI Two Pack over the past few weeks is on the radar and has never mentioned them being single figures, i think you've maybe read things wrong. He hasn't said whether they'll be regular line or exclusives and i agree with you about there being not much chance of 2 packs in the regular line - i'm guessing retailer or website exclusive, perhaps show but i think the sculpting would cost to much to do that much of a limited run.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Awesome! I've been looking forward to this guy. Just hope he's a big retail exclusive like Koozebane Kermit is gonna be.

uncleduke

Reaction score
If they do a MTI Rizzo as an individual figure, I would like to see them make some (limited articulation) tourist rats as pack-ins.
They would be usefull in ever-so-many ways......

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Ken has mentioned a few times these last weeks that a Gonzo/Rizzo MTI Two Pack over the past few weeks is on the radar and has never mentioned them being single figures, i think you've maybe read things wrong. He hasn't said whether they'll be regular line or exclusives and i agree with you about there being not much chance of 2 packs in the regular line - i'm guessing retailer or website exclusive, perhaps show but i think the sculpting would cost to much to do that much of a limited run.
yup, that's where i got the idea from, ken, wouldn't a vacation rat with both gonzo and then one coming rizzo cost more? It would be best they came together. sure it's costly but once in a once in a while two pack would be okay, not in every wave or so.

Zack) Rowlf the, countless occasions? come on, twice...Dog.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Luke. Didn't hear that. I haven't kept up with the Palisades Board much. It would be cool to see them together. I'd imagine that the price of a 2 pack would be more. Was that discussed?

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Placing two top characters in a pack together just isn't wise marketing anyway.
Oh, what happend to that theory Jamie? huh?huh? no i'm just kinding, i do understand what you said about Sal in the other thread now. i'm just messing with you.:wink:

Zack,

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
Thanks, Luke. Didn't hear that. I haven't kept up with the Palisades Board much. It would be cool to see them together. I'd imagine that the price of a 2 pack would be more. Was that discussed?
No the price hasn't been discussed, Ken just mentioned briefly once here and once i think on the Palisades board that it was on his radar for 2004. Agree totally with what you're saying though - don't see Rizzo as a 'pack in', i see it more as two regular figures packed double and being sold at a premium somewhere like Toyfare.

Don't know whereabouts on Palisades it was mentioned cos the forums down again, but the link on MC is :- http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5&perpage=15&pagenumber=343

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Rizzo is kind of big for a pack-in, but if Ken says it's possible that's cool. If that's on the radar, I wish other figure pack-ins (like frackles and penguins) would be. But I just can't imagine the price of something like that.

Gonzo

Reaction score
I just can't see where a relatively simple, limited articulation sculpt (like a penguin or chicken) would cost more than say, Rowlf's piano, or Strangepork's MAMMA...or some of the other wonderful accessories we've seen with the regular figures; I'd love to see an occassional penguin, rat, chicken, frackle, Foo-Foo...

So much of what was happening with the Muppet Show (and other shows and movies) was little background things...it'd be great to see them worked in somehow. I'd buy them.

But of course I would.

Quinnnnnnnnnn

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Here's why it's more expensive. Time and development costs in the sculpting stage, production complexity and weight.

See, a piano I can draw on paper fully technically and then have it re-created in China at no cost, except my own time, to creat a tool. A pack-in has to be sculpted. That means several thousand dollars just for the pack-in sculpting, several hundred for the prototyping, and several hundred for the painting...and because it is a likeness issue it has to go through all the rounds of approval that a figure does, and that costs time. Many weeks.

In production, a figural accessory usually has to have heavier PVC instead of ABS, be jointed, have multiple layers of different details and usually be a lot more complex in the tooling requirements. Almost any figural pack-in often weighs a lot more than even the piano. They also need more paint, which results in higher labor and a greater amount of spray masks, which also cost a lot.

And that is why the reality is that Camilla, at her smaller size, is a more expensive acessory to produce than the piano. I know this because I have these things costed out for production.

Overall, that one pack-in, amortized across the entire line-up, can take an entire line over budget, because it adds so much to each unit cost because of all the up front costs.