Bear on Patrol Fozzie

WiGgY

Reaction score
Da-amn. Ok, we don't need pack-ins then :big_grin: . How do you do playsets? Do you do the same thing with the sketching and stuff or are they all sculpted and stuff? I'm wondering if it is a possibility to do the sketching/china recreating thing with a stage playset. I'm probably in way over my head though.

Gonzo

Reaction score
So THAT'S why. That makes sense. Never understood that before. Thanks for the insight...now we know.

And knowing is half the....uh...something something. Articulation-Likeness Battle?

Quinnnnnnnnnn

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Yes. And no. Well, let me explain.

The past four playsets have had figures, so they have all required the full sculpting fees of a figure. The Labs was done by hand, but the EM stage was drawn 100% by me and sculpted overseas. The Kitchen shell, doors, appliances and such and some of the kitchen accessory pieces were drawn by me, some of the organic stuff was hand sculpted. The Swine Trek was all hand sculpted but could have been drawn if I had had the time.

All you gotta do to make it happen, is basically draw every part separately in a technical drawing of all the stage elements, do some 3-D sketches and show how it all fits together and any stage props could be drawn and then maybe replicated or hand sculpted and then sent overseas for replication.

WiGgY

Reaction score
So would it be possible to sketch out the stage set and send it over to be sculpted and thus reduce the cost of the set? Then, let's say, you put in a series 1 kermit as the figure it comes with? That would eliminate all that sculpting stuffand approval stuff you talked about.

I know this probably belongs in the ask Ken section but I'm too lazy to go there. :big_grin:

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
It's a little more complicated than that, but the short answer is yes certainly any pre-production done on paper first can reduce, if even a small amount, the probable cost of the playset.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I think it's a way cool figure, too, gang.

One thing for sure, I certainly enjoy Ken's presence at MC because I LOVE hearing about all the behind-the-scenes stuff of toy making.

Ken, I'm posting a question at your "Ask Ken" thread for you when you can get there to check it.

FOZ