Best & Worst of Season 4

Redsonga

Reaction score
Yeah, agreed. I was watching it with my sister (who I am proud to say is now a fraggle rock fan) and we laughed so hard when Wembley first discovers the blue rollie and Boober is like...trying to get a good look at it and like...grabbing for it. Hehe, that made me laugh.:coy:
*hee* Boober and his rollies..I can't help but think that he went back to packratting after a while and picked it up again:coy:

Pork

Reaction score
*hee* Boober and his rollies..I can't help but think that he went back to packratting after a while and picked it up again:coy:
Yeah, I can't see someone as obsessive as Boober actually abandoning his secret place of solitude. I'd say he found a new place and started his collections again. I just don't think he'd be able to help it.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Yeah, I can't see someone as obsessive as Boober actually abandoning his secret place of solitude. I'd say he found a new place and started his collections again. I just don't think he'd be able to help it.
It keeps him sane :flirt:

getup

Reaction score
season 4 (i'm still not used to it just being season 4, i'm used to 4 and 5) i think had some of the best episodes in the series. towards the end they started to really touch on serious topics though. i was watching disc 18 last night and it was like 3 episodes in a row touched on the subject of death. but they were all great episodes. i used to not be a fan of the trial of cotterpin doozer but now i find it hilarious with feeney and large moron (marvin)...although, i really do hate large marvin. "we didn't discuss underpants!" another episode i never really liked was junior faces the music. i've been reading all of your discussions on the tie-in problems with gorg who would be king...i too don't think they were meant to be tied together either. for one, the continuity was never always accurate with the show. the episodes were not written by the same writer. also, after watching the bonus feature of the season 4 overview, the woman who did write the gorg who would be king said she was asked if she wanted to be the one to write the final gorg episode as it was called. She wrote it with the intentions of basically wrapping up their storyline for the series. She took the approach of junior needing to understand the universe outside of his garden and really see the big picture. all in all i think he threw the crown just so doc and sprocket could find it in the woods and Doc would then become the king of the universe. TOTALLY KIDDING. haha. favorite episode though would be tune for two just because it has the best song that they ever sung, WE ARE THE CHILDREN OF TOMORROOOOOWWWWW...and i don't think The Voice Inside is boring...i think that's one of the better episodes of the series. I also liked the Riddle of Rhyming Rock.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
She took the approach of junior needing to understand the universe outside of his garden and really see the big picture. all in all i think he threw the crown just so doc and sprocket could find it in the woods and Doc would then become the king of the universe.
Despite this being in jest, I really DO like the idea of Junior tossing the crown so that evidence of THEIR existence will be in the human world, though Doc doesn't know what it's for (but he can add to his collection of stuff from La Gorgola). In fact, this is the only rationale I can actually live with.

Redsonga

Reaction score
She took the approach of junior needing to understand the universe outside of his garden and really see the big picture.
The thing is he did not really understand it at the end ether, he just sort of withdrew from it :frown:. I mean even we did not see anymore of the 'universe' in the end than the gorgs' tiny island of it and fraggle rock (which I don't think truly counts as a part of their kingdom).
I think I would have felt little bit better if the ending had shown us more to..just shown, it would not have even had to have words...:smile:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Redsonga said:
The thing is he did not really understand it at the end ether, he just sort of withdrew from it :frown:. I mean even we did not see anymore of the 'universe' in the end than the gorgs' tiny island of it and fraggle rock (which I don't think truly counts as a part of their kingdom).
I think I would have felt little bit better if the ending had shown us more to..just shown, it would not have even had to have words...:smile:
He was still wiser, as Socrates noted that it was precisely because he knew he knew nothing that he knew more than everyone else. :confused:

Redsonga

Reaction score
He was still wiser, as Socrates noted that it was precisely because he knew he knew nothing that he knew more than everyone else. :confused:
I guess I mean that is good and all (I love philosophy, really I do), but why just stop there? Even with the fact that the series was ending? It seems a real shame...*goes back to writing*

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
It's just that one difference between a king and a president is that a king is a ruler simply because of his blood; he happened to be born into that family. Nevermind he is no better than any other human being. And he is ruler whether the people like it or not (generous or no). And us regular, non royal people never get a chance to be in charge, simply because of the family we are born to. It's inherently unfair, if we truly believe God created us equal. Or even if you aren't religious, you still believe all people are equal. :smile:

A president is chosen by people and does not claim to be better than everyone else. He is there to serve (in theory heh) rather than rule.

Redsonga

Reaction score
And us regular, non royal people never get a chance to be in charge, simply because of the family we are born to.
But it is the FR world, not ours :wink:. No one else wants to be ruler..in fact, apart from gorgs, no one thinks that highly of them..So what is so bad about letting them keep the system? It comes with none of the trappings of our worlds ideas in the long run, no slaves, no real war..and with Jr. around as a king, a will to keep it that way I think...
Or even if you aren't religious, you still believe all people are equal.
I believe we are equal, but I also think we are equal even to have different views about the world and how leaders are picked without having to agree on one true 'right' to rule them all...
Besides, marring into a royal family is not above anyone with the right willpower :wink:. If that is what they really want...