Bible Study

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
You were asking about Jonah a few posts ago. He is such an interesting person to study, and I have many times. According to the scriptures after running from God, and getting swallowed by the big fish, which by the way I've heard some believe that God created a special fish just for this, and that it was not a whale. Anyways after getting out of the fish goes and dose as God told him to, but not out of fear or respect for what God had said. Jonah wanted revenge, and he preached but instead of the people rejecting his message they heed to it. So Jonah then has a putty party for himself, and that's really the last we hear about him.
I personally believe that he died there in his pitty, which is sad considering the testimony he could have had. I don't believe that there has ever been any record of anyone being swallowed by any kind of sea creature and then live to tell about.
God created the fish... out of nowhere? Did he create the fish because he knew Jonah would act poorly... did he make the fish just appear out of thin air?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
God created the fish... out of nowhere? Did he create the fish because he knew Jonah would act poorly... did he make the fish just appear out of thin air?
Well I hate to ask a question with a question but do you believe that God created all the animals? Because if you believe that then it would be easy to believe that God could create a fish to swallow Jonah.
I think that God told Jonah what to do, and then it was up to him to decide what to do. See we have what is called a free will. We are not God's robots that do everything he tells us when he tells us to do it. Matter of fact all through 6 Bible are accounts of people who did not follow God's command.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Numbers 31

17 Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him.​

18 But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.
Great stuff.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Numbers 31

17 Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him.​

18 But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.
Great stuff.
Okay, who is that being said to?

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Genesis 1 King James Version

And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.