1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Big Bird Replica Half-finished

Discussion in 'Puppet News' started by Keeermit, May 16, 2007.

1. Muppet Loverr

Muppet Loverr Member

You are soo talented. I would like to gey started making some. How would i even get started make a Miss Piggy?
  2. CoOKiE

CoOKiE Member

With the chicken dance...

BTW... nice job with Pepe... I'd post your other link for you to show the others your old work, but i dunno if you wanted the liberty of doing it yourself.

And it hink my question was overlooked in the past, but whats the name of the netting you used for big bird?
  3. BorkBork

BorkBork New Member

i was just looking at your latest animal-replica and was caught by the soul you managed to capture in the charachter. When i'm looking at the pictures of your animal i just don't see another puppet. I see the very spirit of animal. Very good job. Very f-ing exellent even! Gonzo's great too!
  4. Keeermit

Keeermit Active Member

thanks Borkbork, I have improved him since those photos were taken, hopefully in the next few days I will have my Animal , pepe and fozzie taken with my photographer friend who takes most of my pictures for me.
  5. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Awesome work, Jarrod! Awesome work! I remember the last Pepe you made, he was naked, but you've got this one with the right outfit and everything. Way to go!

BTW, how's the Bird coming along?
  6. Keeermit

Keeermit Active Member

i haven't really touched big bird over the past week, I think he is something I have to be in the mood for - very repetitive work gluing in feathers, But i'll get there soon - ish .
  7. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Wow! What a totally amazing am excellent job you've done on those Muppet's of yours! You really have an amazing talent!:)
  8. mzredbox

mzredbox New Member

Kermeeet... I must commend you for doing such an unbelievable job! OUTSTANDING! Anyway, I was wondering where you find clothes for your puppets? thanks!
  9. dkmontgomery

dkmontgomery Member

Fantastic!

Absolutely love the work! Can't wait to see Big Bird! :)
  10. D'Snowth

Yeah, me neither! Sorry if I seem impatient, Jarrod, but in all honesty, Big Bird is one of the last Muppet characters I expected you to build a replica of, so this is actually somewhat exciting.
  11. TotallySpiesFan

TotallySpiesFan New Member

Maybe after you're done finishing the Big Bird replica, maybe you should probably make more puppet replicas of Scooter and Cookie Monster.
  12. D'Snowth

Oh yeah, I'd love to see a Cookie Monster replica, and it would be interesting to hear about how you approached a Scooter replica, since I don't think Scooter is the kind of puppet you can pattern.
  13. Melonpool

Melonpool Member

I think Scooter can be patterned... actually, I think just about any shape can be made from flat foam. I've had a theory for quite some time that Scooter is a modified "Anything Muppet." If you look at the blue hillbilly characters in the first season you can see that their head shape is almost identical to Scooter's.

Steve
  14. Buck-Beaver

Buck-Beaver Active Member

There is a photo of Scooter's head "undressed" in one of the old Muppet books and it looks like his head is just patterned out of sheets of foam. There's actually a Scooter head pattern that someone here made by dissecting a plush toy a few years back.
  15. GonzoDTR

GonzoDTR New Member

Hello I'm new here. Anyway, Keeermit, I was wondering jow the heck do you get your Muppets down to the slightest detail like that? I was thinking of making a Muppet of my own and I wanted to know, do you use like blueprints to make them or something else? If you could give me some advice I'd be very gratefull!:)
  16. Any chance of seeing your replicas in the making stages?
    I ask cause I'd like to tackle a full body puppet and would love to see how you did your Big Bird's head. I still don't know how that long beak moves so easily and light. I think a little counter weight at the back of the head to see-saw the mouth and stuff..anyway, keep up the great work man.
  17. GonzoDTR

GonzoDTR New Member

Anyway, can someone answer my question above? I'm really itching to know. That would be appreciated!:)
  18. BabyScooter

BabyScooter New Member

Awesome! those are amazing! I just have one question how did you make gonzo's nose?:concern:
  19. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

Side-note: During the "Chattanooga Choo Choo" song, those 3 characters are "Scooter" heads.
  20. aaronmojo

aaronmojo Member

I gotta say, that Big Bird looks amazing. I just tried to stick four feathers into the head of a bird I'm building and it drove me nuts. You are a better man that I!