1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Big Bird Replica Half-finished

Discussion in 'Puppet News' started by Keeermit, May 16, 2007.

1. Keeermit Active Member

hi there,
    just to let you guys guys about the supergrover, as totallyspiesfan pointed out supergrover doesn't have a logo on his chest - the reason is that I have made all the latest of each character and supergrover has not been wearing the logo in the latest supergrover segment e.g the DVD "A Celebration of me, Grover" . Also Ernie is in his PJ's until I make his stripe sweater. Cool, have a great day everyone

jarrod
  2. RKUNKLER New Member

I cant view the pics either. Maybe someone can put them on flikr or something.
  3. KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

Would that be alright with you Jarrod, if one of us put your pics on our Flikr account?

I can see 'em just fine cuz we're MySpace friends, but yeah, they're too awesome for everybody else not to be able to see 'em! Fantastic work, I wish I had the time to dedicate just to the arts!

:)
  4. Keeermit Active Member

yeah thats fine
  5. Teenager's Member

Drat!....Everytime this thread is brought back up to the top I always hope Jarrod posted a finished pics...

*shakes fist* Darn you Amicus

lol....jk
  6. SSLFan Well-Known Member

same here.

hehehe.;)
  7. nickanap New Member

that is amazing work! that is profeshinal stuff there! I 've seen homemade gonzos but that big bird is top notch! any chance i could buy one? teehee
  8. frogboy4 Inactive Member

I would love to see the pictures, but will not join My Space under any circumstance. I'm one of the few people who just won't do it even though my friends are on there. Just find the place and specific branding smarmy and unnecessary. I know it’s not all like that. I have good friends who swear by My Space. I just find it creepy.

:eek: I’m sure the work is amazing! Is there an alternative place where the images are posted where I don’t have to join up to see them? :confused:
  9. TML Member

Where can you buy block reticulated foam for carving? My partner and I made a Gonzo replica puppet, but we used sheet foam and there is a seam under his nose and top lip. I would much rather have it carved, but we don't know where to buy block foam.
  10. frogboy4 Inactive Member

I can't imaging paying $2,000 for one that doesn't vacuum or do windows. :o
  11. Teenager's Member

You can go to a foam factory thats in your area. Do a Yahoo business search for one around you. It's better to actually go to the factory than buying online because online is more expensive and at the factory the have large pieces for sale rather than whole sheets. I bought several full yards of scott foam for $10, instead of the $60 it would have been

But here are some others.
    http://www.foamdistributing.com/products/dryfast.html
    http://www.bobsfoam.com/
  12. Erine81981 Active Member

I'm with you all on those replicas. I wouldn't dare even touch them with a fourty foot foam stick either. They are all wonderfuly done but would in the right mind would buy them for that much. I know i wouldn't.
  13. Fozzie Bear Moderator

or dishes or laundry or wash the car or go grocery shopping...

14. Telly Active Member

His work is awesome!
  15. TML Member

Did he use a block of scott foam or regular seat cushion foam, because we seem to only be able to find blocks of upholstry foam.
  16. CoOKiE Member

Teenager's... i know how you feel :( lol

That Cookie Monster idea sounds great ;)
  17. Keeermit Active Member

sorry everyone about the updates but i still havent finished my big bird... well he is finished apart from his legs - which is something i just havent been bothered to do as yet. i will list the recent replicas i have done

Zoe - just finished her
    Bert - almost finished a new bert
    Ernie - almost finished just waiting on his shirt
    Telly - he is finished
    Super Grover - he is finished
    Elmo - almost finished just needs legs
    Miss Piggy - only a head and foam body at this stage

plus i also have
    pepe
    fozzie
    animal
    gonzo
    oscar

i am working on a website to showcase my replicas - but i have also just signed up to photobucket which i will try and upload as many pics as i can soon
    take care

jarrod boutcher
  18. BabyScooter New Member

can't wait to see them

I have a question where do you get clothes for the puppets?

just asking.
  19. Keeermit Active Member

20. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Wow, you've certainly been a busy little bee! I see Zoe, Super Grover, Telly, a new Bert, a new (naked) Ernie, a Frankenstein-like monster, two new Animals... man they're all spectacular!

Gosh I wish I could build puppets like you, but I got to face facts, I'm just not as good at building as I am performing.:smirk: