Bill the Bubble Guy appreciation thread

BEAR

Reaction score
I am hoping that Muppets Tonight will be released on DVD sometime because my memory of the show is very fuzzy and I am not very familiar with some of the characters that were introduced on it (with the exception of Clifford, Pepe, Sal, and Johnny). Therefore, I don't really know Bill the Bubble Guy, but have seen pictures. He seems interesting. Phil Van Neuter, on the other hand, does get on my nerves.:smirk:

flyingpenguin

Reaction score
I collect the muppet action figures, and when they came out with Van Neuter I was torn, I hate the guy, but I want a complete set, so I bought him, but kept him in a draw cause he doesn't deserve to hang out with the cool muppets!!!

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I shall have to get an avatar sometime so everybody will be able to know the answer to that question but a little basic description is he's blue in colour(if my memory is spot on),wears glasses(I think similar in style to Scooter,has a mop of curly hair on his head and wears, I think, a checkered sort of coat.
Incidentally he must also wear sneakers since we get a glimpse of his legs and feet as he's eaten by Big Mean Carl in one MT episode.
But he wasn't prevented from starring in episodes after that for the reason I spelt out in my thread about monsters playfully eating their co-stars on the original TMS.:big_grin: :halo:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Thank you Mickey Moose. It certainly is better than nothing but I will get an avatar eventually and I'll make sure I get a good one.

Blue Weirdo

Reaction score
it's been so long since I've seen Muppets Tonight that I only remember two instances with Bill

The first is where Clifford and Rizzo were trying to find someone to fill in for Piggy who was late.

Bill: (enters wearing a pig nose) Hi I'm Piggy and bubbles come out of my head.
Clifford: Next.
Animal: (enters wearing pig nose) PIGGY! PIGGY! PIGGY! Moi! Moi!

(to be honest I remember it more for Animal)

The other instance is when Carl tried to steal his act.

Carl: Hi I'm Carl and bubbles come out of my head.
Bill: Hey that's my act!
Carl: Not anymore!
(Carl eats Bill then burps and bubbles come out of his mouth)

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Blue Weirdo said:
it's been so long since I've seen Muppets Tonight that I only remember two instances with Bill

The first is where Clifford and Rizzo were trying to find someone to fill in for Piggy who was late.

Bill: (enters wearing a pig nose) Hi I'm Piggy and bubbles come out of my head.
Clifford: Next.
Animal: (enters wearing pig nose) PIGGY! PIGGY! PIGGY! Moi! Moi!

(to be honest I remember it more for Animal)

The other instance is when Carl tried to steal his act.

Carl: Hi I'm Carl and bubbles come out of my head.
Bill: Hey that's my act!
Carl: Not anymore!
(Carl eats Bill then burps and bubbles come out of his mouth)
Yes but Carl was only playing a silly joke when he ate Bill. He didn't really hurt him. Check out my thread about monsters eating their fellow muppets if you haven't already done so and you'll see what I am talking about explained clearly by me there