Bill the Bubble Guy appreciation thread

Pork

Reaction score
I don't recall seeing him...what sketches was he in? and stand outs....or just a backround character?

MrsPepper

Reaction score
He mainly just appeared randomly in Muppets Tonight and announced "I'm Bill, the bubble guy! Bubbles come out of my head!" And then, they would. ^^

Pork

Reaction score
Coool. Bubbles come out of his head. what a nifty party trick.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Thanks Laser. Bill says thank you too. :smile:

I'm going to try to write that chapter in our fan fic I've promised you right now incidentally.

JEANYLASER

Reaction score
i just finished another chapter Marty! But this is more scary. I hope you like it.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wonder if Bill was originally meant to appear in just one epsidoe, and then became a regular character. If you think about it, he sort of looks like a whatnot (is he?). Same with Mr. Poodlepants, Zippety, and Ernest Pleth (though I only recall him appearing in two episodes). I wonder if these characters were made from whatnots, and if any were only meant to appear once (though I doubt it with Zippety. I think he might have been a random whatnot design meant to be used multiple times).

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Well I have the Garth Brooks episode and it seems like Bill may have been meant to appear exclusively in that episode. He didn't get the Muppets Tonight timeslot given to him but they let him appear with his act on further episodes. No hard feelongs eh? :wink:

As for his resembling a what-not I suppose he could have been designed from one. But turned into a regular character. Give any what-not a special name and a unique personality and you can turn them into standard cast members can't you?

Incidentally concerning Zippety, judging by the shape of his head I've always taken him to be a muppet frog like Kermit. Only he wears those dark sunglasses and that hat all the time so some people may not easily recognize him as a frog.

JEANYLASER

Reaction score
I love bill the bubble guy because he blow bubbles in the top of his head. He is my favorite muppet.