Bolt, from the S*N*O*W*T*H Rant Files

Beakerfan

Reaction score
The tall and short stupid and smart characters always make me think of Of Mice and Men, that is where all of the "I will love him and hug him and call him George!" characters seem to come from IMHO :smile:.
I love that book........ it's so sad......

Redsonga

Reaction score
I love that book........ it's so sad......
I..sort of do:embarrassed:. I always had to play Curly's wife in class and everyone loved my accent but..getting your neck broken is painful:eek:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Anyway, you think this is only going to be a smach shince Miley was shoehorned into it? It seems like it would have been a good movie if it had much better casting. And if it was released like it was supposed to.

Funny thing, Disney's going through this entire thing about how they're preserving the studio by making 2-D traditional films, and so far, I've seen the CGI line up for the next 5 years, and other than Frog Prince, there isn't a single 2-D in the bunch.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I guess it would take a while to switch back from CGI all the time to more 2D movies again since they have to work on such a long plan:\...

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Funny thing, Disney's going through this entire thing about how they're preserving the studio by making 2-D traditional films, and so far, I've seen the CGI line up for the next 5 years, and other than Frog Prince, there isn't a single 2-D in the bunch.
Disney might have some ideas up their sleeves about some 2-D animation stories they want to tell/do but might wait and see how The Frog Prince does in the theaters as a way of testing the waters of traditional animation films and how it does with the public since the public hasn't been exposed to regular animation films in years.

But I do have to say I would much rather see 2D animation films compared to computer animation films. The 2D animation films seemed to have better storylines that took you to another place such as Aladdin, The Lion King, Lady and the Tramp, The Land Before Time, Little Nemo, and others. Although there are some 2D stinker films too.

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
As for the movie Bolt, I have to say that once upon a time, I was looking forward to this movie. When I heard that Chris Sanders was involved in this new movie and saw the concept art, I was thrilled. But then Chris Sanders was tossed aside and the trailer came out... Ugh. Now I can say that I really don't have a desire to see this film now.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I would have to say that both traditional amimation and CI have both had good story telling in there movies. My main thing it that their is just way to much Computer imaging out there for my taste. There needs to be a better balance. GC or what ever is just becoming too cheap and easy to come by these days and it show as a lot of it is not done very well for the most part. But when done well I have no complaints.

Drtooth

Reaction score
But I do have to say I would much rather see 2D animation films compared to computer animation films. The 2D animation films seemed to have better storylines that took you to another place such as Aladdin, The Lion King, Lady and the Tramp, The Land Before Time, Little Nemo, and others. Although there are some 2D stinker films too.
A lot of them, unfortunately animated by Don Bluth. Of course, I don't mean Land Before time, All Dogs go to Heaven, or the American Tale films... but anyone ever see Thumbellina? I only went to that to see the Animaniacs short. But that film was terrible. Clearly, they just wanted to go on Disney's turf.

Personally, I bring up the same 2 French Films every time... Asterix and the Vikings 2005 and Lucky Luke! Go West! 2007....

look at how beautiful the animation is on these films. What? Are we still snubbing the French or something? We didn't even get these on DVD over here.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I loved Thumbelina..it's all a matter of tastes I guess :smile:.

We don't get many cartoons from different parts of the world besides Japan anymore...I love the older russian animation but most of it is not shown here *sigh*

Maybe Disney does have something to do with which films get noticed to be sold in the US...

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
I loved Thumbelina..it's all a matter of tastes I guess :smile:.

We don't get many cartoons from different parts of the world besides Japan anymore...I love the older russian animation but most of it is not shown here *sigh*

Maybe Disney does have something to do with which films get noticed to be sold in the US...
I can't really stand Japan anime. Every character on every show looks the same. That and half the words the characters say don't even match the movement with their mouths. It's like watching one of those old Godzilla movies where the lines are dubbed by someone but the characters mouths in the movie are not moving correctly.