Breaking Back In

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow... Two chapters for the price of one.
Welcome back Java.

Let's see...
Cantus playing his pipe...
The Street's almost together again, and Sing, hexcellent choice...
Fozzie's joke actually made me laugh a little...
The shifting dialogue, and the Muppets constant threat of Mr. Waldenberg...
But they're going ahead with it... And there's gonna be a confrontation coming soon, you go get 'em Muppets!
Good job, post when you can get some more done.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Oh welcome back indeed! This is fabulous! I love it! The Muppet banter around the theater was awesome! Ooh! and TMM it's on! Cool! Keep it up!

Java

Reaction score
Only time to pop in and post what I finished this weekend. I'll catch up on the boards and everyone elses story tomorrow night. Hope you enjoy this next chapter.

Good night all!

Java

Reaction score
Chapter 11

Clifford sat silently eating his sandwich in front of the bank of monitors in the control room. The evening hours of the station were now dedicated to reruns of The Muppet Show and tonight the Viking Pigs were singing “In the Navy.” He turned to cue up the next show so there would be no break in the action and decide what would go on at nine.

“We want you, we want you. We want you as a ne…”

Everything stopped leaving on the emergency light Clifford had plugged into the wall on to guide his way.

“Stupid power,” he muttered as he guided himself down the hall.

As he broke outside to reach the generator smoke filled his nostrils. Clifford glanced over and saw the black sedan crashed into the power pole with a young man running away.

The phone on Clifford side vibrated viscously as he changed the power over to the generator.

“Yes boss, I’ve got the power running and I’m sure Digit is making his way out of his room now to reboot and get back on the air.”

He described the scene to Kermit as he headed back into the building interrupted only by the outraged scream coming from the control room.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

“Mr. Waldenburg, we’ve just put them out of commission. Is there really a need to carry out the rest of this plan.”

“Oh, yes. They are much brighter than I gave them credit for. We’ve only bought time. This will stop them forever.”

Scooter, Gonzo, Fozzie, Rowlf, Carrie, Jennifer, Rizzo, and Miss Piggy took their stations in the phone room, responding to the out pouring of concerned viewers.

Kermit walked quietly entered the control room to watch Clifford’s address to the viewers.

“I apologize for the technical difficulties and we will return you to The Muppet Show in just a moment. We would like to take this time to thank you for your support and to remind you that tomorrow night, right here on KMUP the first new material from the Muppets in over fifty years will be broadcast live. If your in the area, please come down and join us in Hensonville for the showing.”

Expertly Digit faded out from Clifford and back to the Viking Pigs now chanting at his makeshift panel.

“Clifford, how long will the generator hold us?”

“Long enough for the power company to get themselves here and complete their job.”

Kermit nodded as he walked around the wreckage of the control room.

“You wouldn’t think that he would have such a temper towards the station that has stayed in line for longer than they had to,” Scooter said appearing in the doorway. “Will this get us broadcast tomorrow?”

“I can find a way,” Digit spoke for the first time since seeing his electronics pieced and scattered across the control room floor.

“We all know this will not be over until we talk this out face to face,” Kermit said looking from Clifford to Scooter.

“It’s already moved beyond talking, boss.”

“I know,” Kermit said as he grabbed a broom to think about the next step as he started to clean up.

Amber walked from stage right to stage center listening for her cue from Robin.

“Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that’s where you’ll find me,” her voice warbled slightly as she worked at projecting the volume needed to fill the theater.

Amber closed her eyes as she leaned against the fence set in front of her and let the music wash over her. She had never thought music would fill her this way. The feel of the notes sliding from her diaphragm and floating around her causing her to slip into her own world.

She finished the song and paused for a moment, the moment that they told her the audience would be leaping to their feet in an ovation.

“That’s beautiful, Amber. Thank you for deciding to sing with me,” Robin said from the fence post beside her.

“Yes, I suppose that was beautiful. It’s just a shame that no one will hear it,” Percival said causing both Amber and Robin to jump at the unexpected company.

“A real shame,” he repeated walking slowly towards them with a rope.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK... So, a bit of questions...
Shouldn't it be "viciously" when describing the vibrating of Clifford's phone? Viscously is something else, relating to solidified liquids.
And are the Muppets at KMUP or at the theater? And even with just the crew you mentioned above at KMUP... Aren't the rest of them at the theater? Wouldn't/couldn't they stop Mr. Waldenberg from simply entering and kidnapping Amber and Robin? Especially given the phantomly dragon who resides full time there?
Just trying to clear up some confusion, though I know this is the dramatic hook that will lead to the conflict resolution crucial to the story's unfolding.

Ah well, just post more when you can.

Java

Reaction score
Oh no, it won't let me go back and edit. I didn't realize I had left out a sentence when transcribing. So, to answer your questions Ed:

Yes it should be viciously.

And the first sentence before the fourth part with Amber and Robin practicing should read:

"With the rest of the Muppets at the boarding house to get some rest, Amber and Robin had convinced Kermit to leave them there for a couple of hours to practice their song in private."

As for the resident phantomly dragon, just give him a chance, he's coming.

Okay, and really, now I have to go and catch up on everything else tonight. I just realized as I was working on my next chapter that was missing.

Later!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes... That's because there's a time limit on how long you have to go back and edit your posts. At least it's longer than the old 3-minute rule, but not as long as a whole day/12 hours.
Thanks for answering... Makes more sense. Kind of surprised there's enough room for everybody, including Sesame and Fraggles at the MBH... But then again, that's the Muppets for you.
OK, go ahead and catch up... And then come back and post more story, we'll be waiting for you here.

Java

Reaction score
Chapter 12

Uncle Deadly swooped down from his perch where he had been observing Amber and Robin. Quickly he yanked the rope to one of the trap doors on stage sending them into the basement of the theater, safely away from Percival. Then he turned to face Percival head on.

“You should leave my theater at once.”

“Not until they give in to my demands.”

“I’ll only tell you once more, leave my theater!”

At that moment Kermit and Fozzie walked in together to pick up Robin and Amber.

“Oh, Kermit, this is going to be great. Do you think that they will show us the number before we go home? I just know that Amber is going to do such a wonderful job.”

“I don’t know Fozzie, but Rowlf has seen it and says it’s coming along great. We’re going to have to trust them for our show tomorrow. Hey, what‘s this?”

Kermit had just come from the lobby into the theater to see Percival Waldenburg trying to advance on their resident spook. He was tired of all of this and showed a rare display of temper.

“Now listen. I’m the frog you want to deal with. I am tired of this. You’ve already tried to ruin my television station and now you’re working on my theater. You turn around and deal with me Mr. Waldenburg.”

“Yea, you turn around and deal with us,” Fozzie chimed in, slightly cowering behind the frog. “What have you done with Amber and Robin?”

“You would like to know what has happened to them, but until you agree to my demands I will not tell you,” Percival crooned and started to look around the theater, looking for a way out.

“Do not let him fool you, Kermit. Amber and Robin are safe within the theater in a place where I put them unexpectedly.”

Kermit glanced up in the direction that Uncle Deadly pointed saw the rope to the trapdoor and nodded understanding.

Props for the scenes were still blocking the other isle ways and Percival wasn’t ready to try to make a dash around the spook yet. He looked around and saw nowhere that Kermit and Fozzie could disappear and changed directions to come after them.

“So, Clifford, I think we’ve got you settled for the night. Based on our phone calls we’re going to be pulling in quite an audience tomorrow night,” Scooter said as the rest of the gang that had come down to the station put away the phones.

“Yes, are you all going to get some sleep now.”

“Well, the rest of the gang is but I’m going to finalize things at the theater. I’ve still got props to store and a few things to organize. I’m impressed though. We have managed to put things together pretty quickly.”

At that moment a slight chill was felt in the air and the phantom dragon appeared before them. Everyone stopped and looked at him. It wasn’t often that he broke the confines of the theater.

“U-u-uncle Deadly,” started Scooter, “What are you doing here?”

“You must come now. Mr. Percival Waldenberg is more dangerous than we thought. Kermit and Fozzie need you. Now.”

Uncle Deadly swooped away and everyone but Digit took off running in the direction of the theater.