Breaking Back In

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Whoa!!! I just popped in to catch up on this (to quote Lisa) "FANTASTICABULOUS!" stroy!! I'm rully loving it!! Please post more soon! :smile:

Java

Reaction score
Some time tonight after work. My shifts have been very demanding and I've had multiple projects for my shifts.

And I was going to let you all know sooner, but I go on vacation for a while with three shifts of work after I come back (I'm off for 8 days for vacation starting Thursday). So I'll post the chapters I've been working on but not able to get typed and up here before I go.

Thanks for the friendly nagging though...

Java

Reaction score
Okay, next chapter tonight. I'll post the next one that I've been working on tomorrow. Later all!

Java

Reaction score
Chapter 7

“Moving right along, foot loose and fancy free.”

Fozzie attempted to keep the mood light in the last few legs of the trip. As excited as the Muppets had been to get going, it was harder to travel than they thought it might be to New York City and through to where the Muppet theater and the rest of what they affectionately deemed Hensonville stood.

Speed limits were slow when you could only take the back roads because highways were in disrepair. And there had been that incident with Animal and a woman at the diner.

“We’ll learn to share the load. We don’t need a map to keep… Hey guys! We are here!”

No one was sure who made it to the doors of the theater first but the group pulsed with the anticipation as Kermit worked through the crowd with the keys. They held their breath as the lock reluctantly turned and the double door groaned out of place.

They entered the lobby to see a simple sign stating “Welcome Home” illuminated by spotty light of the chandelier that was missing a few bulbs. The crimson carpet was worn in the familiar path of feet entering and exciting the auditorium but free dust. The glass on the refreshment stand was easy to see through despite the lack of contents on the shelf.

The path on the carpet lead the way inside the auditorium where several seats were in need of repair but not all. Some of the folds of fabric that covered the wall to help with acoustics and lighting and given way and more bulbs were need to see exactly what needed to be done. At the same time though the wood on the stage seemed to gleam and Rizzo was easily pulling the curtain open to reveal Gonzo’s beloved cannon full size cannon where he had left it.

Scooter dashed from section to section scribbling his multiple lists. Miss Piggy took stage center preening for the fans in her mind. Sweetums carried Robin backstage to start the search for the frog scout uniform he had left until he could return and the band set up to play the theme song.

“Officer Caruthers was right,” Kermit whispered, “Uncle Deadly, thank you for taking care of us.”

“Why don’t you get things started?” Cried a familiar voce from the balcony.

“I thought we wanted to keep things from starting,” cried it’s companion.

“Well, the sooner they start…”

“Right! I like your thinking. The quicker they can end!” Statler picked up.

“Ohh, ho, ho, ho, ho!”

“You guys! What are you two doing here?” Fozzie breathed out as he fought for breath having running to make sure he wasn’t having auditory hallucinations.

“You really didn’t think we would let you submit this torture to another generation without us did you?” Waldorf stared down at the group, daring them to argue.

“Why there’s nothing better to criticize!”

“I think you all are a little bit early, is what I think,” Kermit stated shaking his head.

“Who said we ever left? Watch out for that fifth stair!” They replied as Fozzie made his way up to talk to his most notorious fans.

“Hey, boss, I think we can call the group together now and get started.” Scooter called flipping through pages on his clipboard.

They needed no encouragement. Each Muppet took their seat without being asked and waited for their leader to instruct them on how to proceed. Amber and Carrie waited in the back, tallying up the remainder of the votes that had arrived by mail from Jennifer just before they left.

“Well guys. I think we should just enjoy being home for a little bit. We can start repairs tomorrow after we have the chance to look over the list and get supplies. Some of us need to head over to the boarding house and check it out to ensure we have a place to stay tonight.”

“So, the rumor is true. The legendary Muppets really think they can waltz in and put on a show to make the world happy again.” called a shadowy figure from the back. “We’ll see about that.”

“Why not?” Kermit started up the aisle way to get a closer look at his adversary.

“You’re not wanted here. There’s no way to get onto the television without me. You had your time, you won’t have it again.” At that the tall man in his black suit turned and left the theater.

“I told you!” Amber whispered. I told you all that this wouldn’t work.”

“But vous must not be discouraged so easily. We have been through hard times like these before. We have always worked through it thanks to my Kermie.” Miss Piggy took Amber into her arms for comfort.

“How? That man is a major tv executive. I’ve seen him making announcements about programming before. His network determines what all the others put on.”

“Amber,” Kermit started, “we’ve had to overcome these types of things before. No one thought the show would work in America the first time around. As soon as Sesame Street and Fraggle Rock get here, which should be soon, we will explore the few other options that we have. Settle in guys, I’m going for a walk.”

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Kermit didn’t have much trouble picking out Jim’s spot at the park. He sat there, watching the birds as he thought of the first foray that they took together into television. The clouds were dark in the distance and at the edge of the clouds, where the rain was advancing, a vibrant rainbow appeared.

Gently, Kermit’s voice drifted up to meet the rainbow Jim had made to share.

“If just one person believes in you,
Deep enough, and strong enough, believes in you...
Hard enough, and long enough,
It stands to reason, that someone else will think
"If he can do it, I can do it."

Making it: two whole people, who believe in you
Deep enough, and strong enough,
Believe in you.
Hard enough and long enough
There's bound to be some other person who
Believes in making it a threesome,
Making it three.....
People you can say: believe in me..…”

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Beautiful... Liked that you have the Muppets coming back home to not only the theater, but Hensonville as well.
The bit with Animal, by reference, was funny.

The man in the black trenchcoat, scary...
The description of the theater's current state, perfect...
Statler and Waldorf were rully in character...
And the ending, was probably one of the beautiful parts of this whole story.

Look forward to more when you get the chance to post it.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Wowie!!! That was awesome!! I loooooved Statler and Waldorf! Fabulous!! :excited:

Java

Reaction score
Thanks everyone.

Yes, the trenchcoat man is a new character.

I'm glad you liked Statler and Waldorf, Ed and Ryan. I worried about whether I had them right or not.

I get to post chapter 8 before I leave (my next post) but I'm having problems with chapter 9 that I hope I can work out on vacation. Mainly the problems are with Fozzie and his joke telling. I just can't seem to write jokes, even bad ones.

Oh well, I'll come up with something . . .