1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Build-A-Elmo

Discussion in 'Puppet News' started by ScrapsFlippy, Nov 27, 2004.

1. erniebert1234ss

erniebert1234ss Active Member

actually, iokitek, I think you're right about red being a color that forces itself into the spotlight. I think Elmo has killed SS as we know it.

I cannot find any Grover stuff, so don't expect my money until you give us adult SS fans a good TV show with our favorite Muppets, SW. And NO ELMO!!!

BJ
  2. Sesame Street is for kids. Not adults. Grow up. You had your time to enjoy Sesame Street, now it's other peoples turn. Elmo did not ruin Sesame Street, nobody did. I mean, you could not have possibly thought that Sesame Street would stay the same!

Sesame Street is awesome because kids like it. That should be what is most important.
  3. seanomalley

seanomalley New Member

In my opinion Ernie IS THE BEST SESAME STREET PUPPET!:p
  4. waitaminute...
    furryredmonster..are you ..Kevin Clash?
  5. erniebert1234ss

@practicecactus (holy cow, whatta name): ARE YOU BLEEPING NUTS?

@furryred: First, I like Elmo too. And I am an adult and I like SS. I can't understand why SW won't give us adult fans what we're longing for: an adult version of SS with our fave Muppets (more ensemble characters). I would like to know your year in school, identity and location, so PM me. I'm kinda suspicious, as I might know you...strange as it may seem...

Sorry for hijacking (again). I seem to kill off threads, all right.

BJ
  6. Buck-Beaver

Buck-Beaver Well-Known Member

BJ, Sesame Workshop has a very specific educational mandate. They're not in the business of doing shows for adults. Because they're a not-for-profit there's tons of strings on the funding they receive so I doubt they could do something like that, even if they wanted to.

I do think classic Sesame DVDs is a good idea (one that doesn't conflict with SW's mandate), and the adult fans would buy up tons of those.
  7. ReneeLouvier

ReneeLouvier Active Member

I don't believe Elmo is bad or evil. Just...he has kinda taken over the show. He's cute and all, but when Elmo's World started it was just...."Whoa....he's a drama-monster!" He just seems to take over the show! But he isn't bad. I just sometimes get a bit disgusted with all the Elmo stuff. I was happy to see some Ernie stuff, as well as Big Bird too.

And this has kinda gotten off-topic I think. Oh well. They always end up this way. :)
  8. No idea what is so crazy about my name, but to answer your question; Yes.
  9. Phantom

Phantom New Member

Uh, I think it was meant to be tongue-in-cheek. Just don't pay up on your pledge to PBS...Elmo knows where you live.
  10. Yes, I am Kevin Clash:rolleyes:

Why do you even need to know that information about me? I am from Indiana that is all I am telling you. I do not give out the info that you are asking for to some stranger online and have no need to.
  11. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

I know where you live! 123 sesame street, right? ;)
  12. Oh my gosh! Edit that out! You have no right to post where I live ;) BTW, How did you figure it out?:D
  13. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

isnt it obvious?:halo:
  14. Well, I guess so. *Makes it less obvious*
  15. puppetise

puppetise Member

hey guys i found out something really cool over here in australia in the mornings at 8 play with me is on then at 3:15pm classic seseme street is on
    and there the episodes that dont focus on elmon yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!:) and by the way when you ask a kid down here whos there fav ss character they say grover or bigbird elmo is history here
  16. Elmo is awesome! Stop dissing Elmo!

Ok fine then. Grover and Big Bird are the most stupidest, idiotic, no good puppets on Sesame Street. Err.....
  17. puppetise

puppetise Member

cmon

elmo is ok but seriously he isnt teaching kids proper english elmo is sad ,maybey you can help elmo ,hmm and my friends little sister was watching the new sesame street and she started speeking in 3rd person cand we tried to teach her to speak prperly so elmo isnt teaching anyone any thing exept bad english
  18. erniebert1234ss

@ furryred: OK, all I know now is you're in Indiana...That was all I needed to know...

BTW, everybody is going to kill me for this, but I've always liked Elmo, but found him to be incredibly grating in recent years. No amount of pandering is going to change that. Elmo's World needs to die hard. It made Elmo unfashionable. Let's make Elmo a part of the actual stories, dang it!

BJ
  19. The only reason why Elmo speaks the way he does is so other kids know tha the he is Elmo

Besides, furryredmonster thinks it is fun talking like this! Furryredmonster thinks it is just good fun.
  20. Blink

Blink Member

I wasn't going to get involved in this discussion/debate since I believe everyone is entitled to their opinion. In life I accept that some people like me and some people dislike me, the same with puppets.

I am a new father (I am also a teacher). My son is 3 1/2 months and he started to look at the television for the first time today. He is a very curious boy, but he has never shown much interest in watching television. But today was differnt. He watch t.v. and he was transfixed. My wife and I were very surprised because he is so physically active and hates to sit for very long.

Well he is with her right now beside me and they are watching together. And what has my son's attention?

A little red monster named Elmo. I am so surprised.

My personal take on the Elmo is that he is a cute character that many children enjoy. I can understand an adult not enjoying Elmo. I don't think he is designed for adults (not to say that adults can't like him).

As for Elmo teaching my child to speak incorrectly, well he has his parents to teach him how to speak correctly. It reminds me of the old aruguments when I was a child that stated "The Road Runner Show" encouraged children to run off cliffs. I would be less worried about The Road Runner show influencing children than parents letting their children play unsupervised near cliffs.;)

I respect furryredmonsters' love of Elmo, but I equally respect erniebert1234ss's dislike of the little guy.

I personally don't enjoy Elmo that much, but my son apparently does. To each their own I say.