Build-A-Elmo

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
furryredmonster said:
Why do you even need to know that information about me? I am from Indiana that is all I am telling you. I do not give out the info that you are asking for to some stranger online and have no need to.
I know where you live! 123 sesame street, right? :wink:

F

furryredmonster

Sgt Floyd said:
I know where you live! 123 sesame street, right? :wink:
Oh my gosh! Edit that out! You have no right to post where I live :wink: BTW, How did you figure it out?:big_grin:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
furryredmonster said:
Oh my gosh! Edit that out! You have no right to post where I live :wink: BTW, How did you figure it out?:big_grin:
isnt it obvious?:halo:

puppetise

Reaction score
hey guys i found out something really cool over here in australia in the mornings at 8 play with me is on then at 3:15pm classic seseme street is on
and there the episodes that dont focus on elmon yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!:smile: and by the way when you ask a kid down here whos there fav ss character they say grover or bigbird elmo is history here

F

furryredmonster

Elmo is awesome! Stop dissing Elmo!

Ok fine then. Grover and Big Bird are the most stupidest, idiotic, no good puppets on Sesame Street. Err.....

puppetise

Reaction score
cmon

elmo is ok but seriously he isnt teaching kids proper english elmo is sad ,maybey you can help elmo ,hmm and my friends little sister was watching the new sesame street and she started speeking in 3rd person cand we tried to teach her to speak prperly so elmo isnt teaching anyone any thing exept bad english

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
@ furryred: OK, all I know now is you're in Indiana...That was all I needed to know...

BTW, everybody is going to kill me for this, but I've always liked Elmo, but found him to be incredibly grating in recent years. No amount of pandering is going to change that. Elmo's World needs to die hard. It made Elmo unfashionable. Let's make Elmo a part of the actual stories, dang it!

BJ

F

furryredmonster

erniebert1234ss said:
@ furryred: OK, all I know now is you're in Indiana...That was all I needed to know...

BTW, everybody is going to kill me for this, but I've always liked Elmo, but found him to be incredibly grating in recent years. No amount of pandering is going to change that. Elmo's World needs to die hard. It made Elmo unfashionable. Let's make Elmo a part of the actual stories, dang it!

BJ
The only reason why Elmo speaks the way he does is so other kids know tha the he is Elmo

Besides, furryredmonster thinks it is fun talking like this! Furryredmonster thinks it is just good fun.

Blink

Reaction score
furryredmonster said:
The only reason why Elmo speaks the way he does is so other kids know tha the he is Elmo

Besides, furryredmonster thinks it is fun talking like this! Furryredmonster thinks it is just good fun.
I wasn't going to get involved in this discussion/debate since I believe everyone is entitled to their opinion. In life I accept that some people like me and some people dislike me, the same with puppets.

I am a new father (I am also a teacher). My son is 3 1/2 months and he started to look at the television for the first time today. He is a very curious boy, but he has never shown much interest in watching television. But today was differnt. He watch t.v. and he was transfixed. My wife and I were very surprised because he is so physically active and hates to sit for very long.

Well he is with her right now beside me and they are watching together. And what has my son's attention?

A little red monster named Elmo. I am so surprised.

My personal take on the Elmo is that he is a cute character that many children enjoy. I can understand an adult not enjoying Elmo. I don't think he is designed for adults (not to say that adults can't like him).

As for Elmo teaching my child to speak incorrectly, well he has his parents to teach him how to speak correctly. It reminds me of the old aruguments when I was a child that stated "The Road Runner Show" encouraged children to run off cliffs. I would be less worried about The Road Runner show influencing children than parents letting their children play unsupervised near cliffs.:wink:

I respect furryredmonsters' love of Elmo, but I equally respect erniebert1234ss's dislike of the little guy.

I personally don't enjoy Elmo that much, but my son apparently does. To each their own I say.