1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Can we do something about posting for posts sake?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Drtooth, Jul 5, 2012.

1. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

2. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

One certain someone aside, this is really the first time I've seen those particular three actually hijack a thread altogether (and a memorial thread at that).

3. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

I have tried to get people to talk in private messages, but I'm only one man.

ElizaSchuyler likes this.
  4. galagr

galagr Well-Known Member

We could try making a collaboration conversation of the people who want these "youngins" stop. I think pretty much anyone who posted in this thread can participate.

5. D'Snowth

6. galagr

galagr Well-Known Member

Muppet fan 123 and D'Snowth like this.
  7. dwayne1115

It was very well written, I don't know if I would have had the courage to call them out by name, but I think you did it very nicely. I just hope they don't take it the wrong way, but if they do, then it will be on them. Because I know I and others have tried.

D'Snowth and galagr like this.
  8. D'Snowth

Thanks galagr, nice to know I can actually produce some words to live by.
    That was exactly my point: we've tried, and we've failed... at them trying to grasp our message, which is why I think it's time we be more direct about it and try and get it across to them.

9. dwayne1115

Well I hope it works, because I have ran out of ideas of how to help fix the problem.

10. D'Snowth

I'm hoping if we just come out publically with this and directly address this with them, it might FINALLY drive the point home with them.

This is almost starting to feel like an intervention, but ya know, sometimes desperate times call for desperate measures.

galagr likes this.
  11. dwayne1115

I am in two group private conversations with the said members. I just shared a link to the thread, and told them I did that because I cared about them and hope that they understood.

galagr and D'Snowth like this.
  12. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

13. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Good news and bad news...

The good news is I've deleted all of Corey Stoczynski's posts.
    The bad news is that since I have no means of permanently banning the account, he'll still come back and keep posting.

My recommendation is to report his posts if anyone spots them before I happen to do so. That, and contact Phil so maybe he can deal with the situation. If not, then just report his actions as mentioned above.

Thanks for your help.

14. D'Snowth

Cory aside, we've really been seeing some major improvements around here lately as far as the little issues we had recently are concerned, we really haven't had any major, mentionable problems as of late, I'm really pleased that thing have settled down and we all seem to be on the same page now.

15. The Count

Now if only we could do something to stem the utter flood of spambots. In the last two days I've gotten rid of at least 245 varying multiple accounts. *Collapses into coffin bed.

16. D'Snowth

Well, unfortunately, that's a problem with every forum on the web... it'd help if these servers could come up with patches and blocks that would better keep spambots from registering at forums over and over again.

17. fuzzygobo

fuzzygobo Well-Known Member

I saw Cory's handiwork earlier, but you beat me to the punch. At the very least, he's progressed beyond his one-word replies he usually leaves on youtube, And You Have To Give Kudos To Someone Who Capitalizes Every Word With Such Panache.

Mokeystar likes this.
  18. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

He learned to capitalize!?!
    I am...what..I ...really... I ... I ...can't... HE DID?!?! :confused:

19. The Count

*Watches as Drtooth's head explodes just like Tom Servo during his Sherlockian theories at the end of Tormented. :laugh:

20. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I don't want to be mean to a certain member, but it seems a certain someone just posted a random list of characters in a 10 year old thread about the action figure line that ended as many years ago. I don't know if that member has a history of posting random lists of characters, but there's just got to be something against randomly posting characters in a list somewhere.

Also... really? a 10 year old thread?