Canadian Collectors Support

Prof Shubbly

Reaction score
Actually, Canadian TRUs turned down the Kermit exclusive, so you won't find it in any TRUs up here. I was lucky enough to pick mine up when I was in California on a business trip, though getting out to the nearest TRU was a bit of a pain.

Prof. Shubbly

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
yes, unfortunately candian TRU stores rarely carry US exclusives. This is often due to the problem of unilingual packaging (english only) but not always. I have sadly missed out on tuxedo kermit, but that's okay as I am primarily interested in the more traditional versions of them anyway. I did pick up long-hair piggy, who is IMO, a huge improvement on the non-exclusive version...

Dr. Teeth rocks! MY favorite out of the ones I have. And yeah, gonzo's apparently the next exclusive for EB, with different colours and a helmet that I think is not included with the normal one? I'm not sure about that helmet part....

good to get confirmation about wave 2 at TRU! Thanks!

I still recommned getting the lab and bunsen online if nothing else works out. They are still available in a few places...

bc-fraggle

Reaction score
Ok guys!
First off Styder Wolfe is a collecting genius! From now on I reconmend to take heed to the words of the "wolfe"!
I went to my EB (electronics boutique) and the lady manager there was more than happy to preorder all of series 2 (nice lady! ), including the Animal set! All I had to do was put down a deposit, which was $5.00 bucks for each one. If only I had known this say in May and I could now have been the owner of the lab set.
She also told me that the exclusive gonzo(?)would be arriving September 25th! If this is correct and you want one, be prepared. The guy at the comic store where I bought, Dr. Teeth from gave it to me at a reduced cost cause he felt bad that he didn't have the lab to sell me. I was a lucky guy all around yesterday when I did my Muppet hunting and prebuying! What makes EB's Gonzo different from the mass market version?
Thanks a million Wolfe! You're my hero!

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
well, I've been doing it for a while now...but thanks, no problem :stick_out_tongue:

Oh, and as for the Gonzo exclusive...I'm willing to bet that it will be pushed back and won't be around till mid-late october, as the rest of the line has...but I don't htink EB has updated their dates yet...

did they let you preorder the exclusive as well??? I'm curious..I have to go to EB and pre-order the rest of the figs myself..so far only floyd and animal on preorder...

oh, the difference between Gonzo's is in colour mainly, and I think exclusive is the only one that comes with a helmet? Anyone else know that for sure??

Prof Shubbly

Reaction score
I'm just happy that there's a thread like this where I can actually contribute usefully. Maybe I'll be able to be a real member some day.

Prof. Shubbly

grail

Reaction score
only 24 more posts to go, and then you too can be a "real" bo...er, member...the magic number is 30...

bc-fraggle

Reaction score
Wowzers guys! I am now a member!
As for the Gonzo at EB being the exclusive gonzo - that I am not sure about... I just assumed that it would be. So I stand corrected. I am actually guessing that it probably isn't. Time will tell though...

I think too that the exclusive Gonzo is the one that comes with a helmet... I heard that too somewhere. Thanks Wolfe once again for the tips.

bc-fraggle

Reaction score
Here's a question for you guys:

I was getting all excited to order my vacation Fozzie from the toyfare magazine. (I keep mentioning this magazine a lot, you'd think I have a job or something with them - which I don't) Anyhow on the order form I read the small print, and it said that the items shipped would take between 16-20 weeks to arrive. 16-20 weeks! Is this true? Have any of you ordered from them?

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Originally posted by bc-fraggle
Here's a question for you guys:

I was getting all excited to order my vacation Fozzie from the toyfare magazine. (I keep mentioning this magazine a lot, you'd think I have a job or something with them - which I don't) Anyhow on the order form I read the small print, and it said that the items shipped would take between 16-20 weeks to arrive. 16-20 weeks! Is this true? Have any of you ordered from them?
That is pure CYA on their part, and rightfully so. They never take that long, but they have to say that in case things go horribly wrong! I think some people here could probably tell you that they had a good turnaround time on Tux Kermit.