Canadian Collectors Support

bc-fraggle

Reaction score
Hey guys I am finally getting my Lab playset on this Friday... if all is well! I start holidays that day too, so I'll have to celebrate. Maybe I'll take the beaker figure to the bar for a couple of drinks. That should definately get some looks! "Hey Bartendar! I'll have a rum and coke and the little plastic guy will have something with a bit of punch to it!"

Thanks for the tips GPrime1!

Hey have any of you managed to get your CD's yet? I am not even sure what songs are on it! Goes to show you that I am losing touch with the Muppet Community! Please forgive me everyone! Update people!! You guys rock! Oh... could that be because we are all Canadian folk?

bc-fraggle

Reaction score
Oh... one last thing! Just in case any non-Canadians post here or read this forum. We love you all too! Us Canadian folk have big hearts!

Special thanks to:grail, Resident Lilly, and the Mad Moose for sharing the "goods" with us! We love you guys too! And appreciate your tips for us Canadian folk!

Shucks, "I'm getting all sentimental here, I could almost sing, "We are the World!" Maybe "We are the Muppet World"!

Chat later!

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
did you already go to the bar? :big_grin:
hehe..now I gotta take muppets to my bar tonight...****! hehehe....

hmm..still haven't had a chance to look for the CD...gotta check the "merchandise"forum...

bc-fraggle

Reaction score
Sadly Wolfe, I didn't get to go to the bar tonight... I had to slave away and work. Although the good thing about work is, more money earned to buy more muppets! How about you, did you head out to your local bar with muppets in tow? Just one more day until I can go downtown and buy my Beaker lab! It's like counting down for Christmas! Then I will have to wait for Bunsen, and hopefully by that time Series 2 will have arrived.

Oh that reminds me... EB had told me that Gonzo was arriving on the 25th... they never called... so I am thinking that the figures will arrive mid-late October... as mentioned before. I'll let you guys all know what happpens.

Hey Wolfe, I see you know about the Ents too! Thank goodness I was starting to think that I am the only guy that reads!
"Ho Hum!" to quote Treebeard!

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
well, considering my screen name, ya gotta figure I'm a LOTR fan :smile: Yeah, i love ents! I've only got one LOTR figure (take a wild guess which!) but my girlfriend loves LOTR too, soI bought a few more for her...she's collecting those ones...

yeah, october it is, it seems...I gotta go to EB and preorder the rest of wave 2 now that I've seen them all...did they specify to you on the preorder for gonzo that you could get the exclusive OR the regular version??

Oh, as for the bar, no, I got too busy last night...maybe tonight instead...or maybe not...I am supposed to have band rehearsal tonight but it might end up cancelled....

MahnaMahna

Reaction score
I picked up all of my figures at EB ($12.99) and I got the playset there, too ($34.99).

I was disappointed that TRU didn't have tuxedo Kermit, so I got the regular one instead. I did get the EB exclusive instead of the regular Piggy (it was $14.99, though).

Mark

bc-fraggle

Reaction score
Wolfe... I feel kinda silly... I would never had made the connection of "stryder" to LOTR... I feel so dumb... Stryder of LOTR is one of the more outstanding characters next to Frodo in both the movies and books.

Girls into LOTR has spread everywhere... I think it is in due part to Viggo... When I saw the movie I dragged two reluctant girls with me for company. As soon as they saw Viggo on the screen, all I heard is "he's hot". Of course there is me all like, "Isn't the Balrog cool looking" and their reply is "I hope Viggo doesn't get hurt!"

They ended up seeing the movie several times more just for him. Now they are just as hyped as I am about the upcoming TTT. I have to say that the Stryder figure was done very well. I think there is another version of him in the stores... meaning a new figure. I can't wait to see how Gollum is done... I heard they are trying or already have found a way to make his eyes seem to glow like in the movie.

The lab playset should be mine today! I am so excited to go and buy it. Actually being the big kid nerd... I have been counting the days down all week. Once I buy it... then I can drink!

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
well, I know what you mean about some of the girls, but mine is a big fan of the books long before the movies ever got made...and her favorite is gandalf....

I went to the bar AFTER band rehearsal last night, but didn't bring any muppets :frown:

I did have fun showing the other band guys muppet labs and stuff though :stick_out_tongue:

Prof Shubbly

Reaction score
Woohoo! My 2 invisible spray fozzies showed up last night, quite impressive since I ordered them very recently. Now I just have to wait for the WizardWorld Dr. Teeth I won off eBay to show up. I may be more, but my house will be full of Muppet-y goodness.

Prof. Shubbly

PS. Stryder, for some reason I had assumed that your name game from the old video game. Ah well, live and learn.

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
I've actually been called "Strider" since before the original video game came out...I changed it to be spelled with a "Y" after that to differentiate though...

now I've seen it with a "Y" for so many years that it looks funny whe I read it with an "I"

hmm..about invisable spray fozzie - can you still get him from the collector's club to ths day?

also wondering if there is any way to get Tuxedo Kermit in canada?? (and I won't resort to ebay for ANYTHING)