Canadian Collectors Support

bc-fraggle

Reaction score
Hey wong! It's me bc fraggle again! Who's b/c?

Anyhow thanks for the idea of helping me out with my bunsen shortage! I will definately keep you in mind. I have a friend who is looking into getting me one online... cross our fingers everyone!
If not I'll call upon you!

I have all of the muppets, except for the exclusives but one, so that means I am missing bunsen. I too have long hair piggy (the only exclusive that I do have) instead of the short hair version. I really wasn't all that big on the short hair version! I am not all that sure which of the exclusives I want... I am thinking invisable beaker may be the only one I get, and perhaps the invisable fozzie or vacation fozzie, but I am definately passing on the Teeth exclusive only because he is the "prize figure to get and is more costly to buy - at this time. I think though it is one of the more sought after ones because of the very limited amount made. I really think Palisades really delivers on their products, especially with the muppets. You get your money's worth without a doubt and more!

bc-fraggle

Reaction score
I think I should retract my comment about Dr.Teeth (repaint) being the trophy figure to get. I think that tux kermit may be the one. I found him on one site... sorry didn't write it down... and it was listed for $25.00US - ouch! That wasn't including taxes nor shipping. I passed! There still is some to find online for those looking.

I bought one of the muppet anniversary videos! I was going to be a good boy and wait until I had a DVD player and buy the DVD's but I couldn't wait. Also I stopped by EB today and the Lady there told me that now the muppets should arrive on the 5th of October and the set arrives on the 17th. I am hoping she is right cause I am excited as ever to get them. I am really looking forward to getting Gonzo and shooting him out of the cannon. We should have "shooting Gonzo contests". See who gets their gonzo to fly out the furtherest, hehehehe!

bc-fraggle

Reaction score
One last thing... for my 100th post I'd like to say:

"Rowlf rocks! - bring on the nekkid Rowlf action figure!"

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
wow, you got your post count right up there BC...

hmm, I have decided against getting the exclusives, sadly,as I can't afford them :frown: But I will strive to get every regularly released figure! so basically, Anyone at pallisades who is listening, all you have to do with a figure is get it on a hook at EB in Canada and 'll buy it!!!

well, that's the plan right now, at least :wink:

oh, about my band...I am the lead vocalist and lead guitarist, and also play bass on 5 out of 11 tracks on our album (yet to be released)...we're basically just doing it for fun right now, but with an eye on future possibilities...

Prof Shubbly

Reaction score
bc-fraggle, I actually bought all four Dragon's Lair figures as soon as they came out. I remember many hours spent at the mall watching other people play the game, as I couldn't afford the 50 cents to play myself. Of course, I only discovered they existed when I dived into the collector's community looking for information about Muppets. I was addicted and needed to find another line to buy while I waited for series 2 to come.

Originally I wasn't going to try for a complete set, but when Palisades started the Collector's Club, much of the headache was removed (though it was still expensive) so I resumed my quest to find a variant Dr. Teeth. I really wish I had bought him back when he was going for 50$ US, but that just seemed like it was too much to spend on an action figure. Now that I now that the price is just going to keep going up, I didn't feel too bad about shelling out a bit more for him. I just wish it wasn't such a pain to get the Vacation Fozzies here in Canada.

Prof. Shubbly

bc-fraggle

Reaction score
Hey Wolfe and Prof!

I was a little bored and was on ebay the other day... anyhow one thing lead to another, and I ended up bidding on an invisable fozzie. I thought if I join the Palisades club, I'll get invisable beaker so why not get invisable fozzie. I got it for about $33.00 canadian - so I am not sure if I lucked out. But I am happy.
I was intending on not getting the exclusives other than long hair pippgy - but oh well. Still though I am holding off from getting tux kermit and the teeth repaint. A little out of my league. However if it was a Rowlf exclusive I would have no problem spending the money as he of course is my fav.

Now I am left with the age old dilema. When my fozzie arrives do I free him from the package, or keep him inside. I am only buying one, so whatever I do is final. In all reality I don't think I'll ever sell him so it really won't matter if he is still carded or not.

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
well, normally 'd say release from the package, but since he's a repaint, ya never know..it's not like you won't have a less-rare version of that mold to play with later...

but on the other hand, he's cool, so take him out!

naw, do what ya want buddy...it's all good....

Prof Shubbly

Reaction score
Is that 33 before or after shipping? One of the beauties of the Collector's Club is that you can free one of the figures (Invis Spray Fozzie is watching my back at the office at this very moment) and save one in the box for a rainy day.

The one that I will keep on card though is the Wizard World Dr. Teeth. It's just too hard to get one, and costs way too much. I need to have him on the card in case of a rainy day when I need the money or the space.

Prof. Shubbly

bc-fraggle

Reaction score
Thanks for the imput guys! I think what I'll do is take the fozzie out of the box, but take him out very carefully and save the box.
I don't plan on reselling him so he is really all for my own personal enjoyment. I am also getting a postcard type advertisement that was handed out at the convention advertising the invis. fozzie.

I am think that when I do ever get around to joining the club (soon I'll havef too) I'll get my invis. beaker and put him with the invis. fozzie. Hmmm... now I am having more dilemas... I may keep them both in the box... I'll figure it all out soon enough. I am only buying one of each - so whatever I do is final.

I saw all of the Dragon's Lair figures at EB yesterday. Only one Daphne fig. She had a big streak running down her neck or else I would have purchased her. I think she was a short packed figure cause they had at least 10 dirks and 4 wizard guys, and 1 daphne. Does anyone know if she is hard to get. I want one to go with Singe to "decorate" the space around my computer.

bc-fraggle

Reaction score
Hey guys! Just saw the new Toyfare magazine.
Invisable fozzie made #6 on the most wanted list. Maybe I should still keep mine sealed up for the time being!
I wonder if his price will go up?
Any news when series 2 hits our stores?