1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Canadian Collectors Support

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by bc-fraggle, Sep 18, 2002.

1. MahnaMahna New Member

I called EB and the date in their computer is December 7.

Mark
  2. Stryder Wolfe New Member

EB doesn't really know when they are going to get anything...
  3. Prof Shubbly New Member

Good news, lads. Mediaplay.com is now shipping Vacation Fozzies (http://shop.mediaplay.com/site/catalog/catalog.jsp?catid=cat004322&prodid=002077886) and we can get them here in Canada. Unfortunately, it costs 13.99 shipping for the first one (4.00 each after that). Now I'm really regretting not getting the Toyfare version earlier, as I'm still going to have to find someone down south to order me mine. Ah well, at least my life has been made somewhat easier.

Prof Shubbly.
  4. bc-fraggle New Member

Hey Guys!

Don't forget to watch the Muppet Christmas special on Friday! I could just kick myself, cause I was reading in the tv guide that they were filming parts in Vancouver, which is about a 45 minute drive for me. Ughh... I could have seen them filming it.... oh well maybe next time.

Does anyone know why series 2 according to EB isn't shipping until the 16th of December? Their website is now preordering series 3. Weird I thought to myself that they would do that so soon, considering the delay of series 2. Oh well, I will be preordering series 3 anyways. I am really looking forward to Rowlf and the Kitchen playset!
  5. Walker Boh New Member

Wow, I had forgotten about that! I keep thinking that it's coming on closer to Christmas. Thanks for the reminder!
  6. ResidentLilly Active Member

We aren't gonna hold back Series 3 just because of Series 2 delay at the docks. Gotta try to stick to the schedule, and get everything back on track.
  7. Stryder Wolfe New Member

Canadians: Muppet Christmas Movie is Scheduled to air on CKVR in Toronto (and most of Ontario) as well as NBC...Tomorrow night at 8pm-10pm!!

as for EB...I expect them next week, not in two weeks, but we'll see....every store seems to have a different date... think I will NOT preorder series 3 from them, but instead get my local comic guy to hold them for me...he's two bucks ore expensive, but what the hey....

well, I haven't decided quite yet...we'll see...definitely getting them, but I'm kind of annoyed with EB right now, not for the delay, but for the general lack of knowing what's going on...
  8. Sideroad New Member

Stryder I feel the same way.
  9. bc-fraggle New Member

"There is a great disturbance in the force!" - to quote a few jedi's.

The folks at my EB have been apologizing to me for the delay, if it really is a delay... remembering that the strike messed things up a little, thus changing arrival dates.
    Thanks for the insight as always guys. All in all I guess it doesn't really matter where you get your figures from, as long as you can get what you want and for a good price.

Please everyone watch the show tomorrow, think happy thoughts and just because... "Merry Christmas Everyone!"
  10. Sideroad New Member

I'll be watchin'!
  11. MahnaMahna New Member

The EB in my area has just gotten them in today!

Keep your eyes open.

Mark
  12. Sideroad New Member

MahnaMahna what did they get in and how many of each? just curious.
  13. MahnaMahna New Member

I actually called and visited several EB's and they only got in what was pre-ordered, so everyone else is out of luck. There is a chance that they'll get more in, but it is unlikely.

Mark
  14. bc-fraggle New Member

Nothing yet at my local EB. I am sure hoping that they get their supply of series 2 in by the end of this week in time for Christmas.
    I was going to buy them as my "birthday treat" but no such luck!
    Is anyone else out there in Canada, still waiting for their muppets?

I pre-ordered mine, and still I am waiting. :(
  15. MahnaMahna New Member

Well, if you pre-ordered you should be in good shape. EB is only getting the pre-ordered ones in. I think I posted this before. Anyway, I did some calling around here in Ontario, and most of the EB stores got theirs in on Friday, but some didn't. I would imagine you'll be seeing yours early this week.

For you Canucks like me who didn't pre-order, I think your best bet is EB.com. I ordered mine through there this morning. Even with exchange and shipping, it still works out cheaper than Silver Snail comics (the only Canadian mail-order source I've heard about.) I'm waiting to find out if they charge me duty, which could cost me some more money. They do ship FedEx, so there is probability that I will escape any such charges.

Mark
  16. Stryder Wolfe New Member

I got half my pre-order on friday, but am still missing floyd and animal w/ stage...hopefully I'l get them this week...
  17. GPrime1 Member

Ok guys, this sucks. I'm not seein' the Muppet Series 2 anywhere. The Toys R Us by me doesn't have any at all, and it seems that the closest EB's only got one case in each. I was fortunate enough to have pre-ordered the playset and I picked up a Floyd, but it seems the well is dry. Any sightings in the Vancouver area?
  18. GPrime1 Member

looking back on the posts, it seems that this has already been addressed. It's just a shame though that people not in the know will not have a chance to see these awesome figures, and for us in the know to actually get them. Especially when I look at the selection of crappy toys EB has on their shelves, and the fact that they can't even keep these Muppet figures in stock would indiciate their popularity. The fact that they seem disinterested in promoting the line at the stores confuses me even further. Doesn't EB have some kind of stake since they are backing the exclusive Gonzo? Maybe it's different in the States, anyone down south finding it easier to locate the figs?
  19. bc-fraggle New Member

Hey! I am not the far from Vancouver, and my EB doesn't have any of my pre-ordered muppets in yet. Do you think they made a mistake and didn't order them in yet? They keep telling me that they (the figures) haven't arrived yet. Are there any sightings in the lowermainland of the figures at all. I am greatly discouraged with the delay, and starting spending my money on Gamesworkshop Lord of the Rings stuff. What is the deal with EB anyways - friendly staff - but crappy delays for getting the muppets in. ... no muppets for my Christmas I guess. Very P.O!
  20. MahnaMahna New Member

I think I said this before, but the EB's in Ontario got theirs in a week ago. They only got the pre-orders and one variant Floyd. They are NOT carrying them on the shelves - pre-orders only. I suppose if the EB warehouse has a lot left over in a month or so we might see them in stores. I went ahead and ordered mine from EB's 1-800 #. I ordered them on Sunday and they showed up on Tuesday. The total was $106CDN after shipping and conversion, etc. Not a bad deal - considering what you'd pay at Silver Snail.

Mark