Canadian Collectors Support

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Remember what I said about Gonzo when I was in China...he barely shoots out of the cannon at all. Safety tests are more rigid than ever and that is the best we can do.

However, the brits will have a much stronger firing mechanism.

The reason his helmet is not removable is because it does not really make the figure that different if the helmet comes off. You end up with a slightly different "head sculpt", in a manner of speaking, this way, like the EB Piggy.

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
well, I thought it would be removable as well, but hinking about it, it wouldn't work with the hair on gonzo's head, so it makes sense...

hmm...if you looked at the prices for the EB preorder of Gonzo, they were charging for the exclusive, not the regular. No problem if you only put down 5 dollars, but if you (like me) paid for the entire figure in advance, then took the non-exclusive, you'd be out 2 bucks...not that it matters too much anyway....

The firing mecahnism being "unsafe" is such a dumb thing...don't get me wrong, I am in support of keeping kids healthy and safe, but certain things are just unneccesary. Oh well, I'm not too worried about firing gonzo far or not..rather that he didn't go TOO far anyway because I don't want him banging into walls and scratching his paint apps

bc-fraggle

Reaction score
HI there guys! Stryder your last remark about Gonzo made me chuckle. I had a vision of him impaled in the wall after he had been shoot out of the cannon. I have no idea why I found that amusing.

I know safety comes first when toys are designed. I can and can't really see what harm shooting Gonzo out the cannon would do compared to some of the other "projectile" toys that I have seen. In fact I have a jango Fett that shoots a missle, and man does that baby fly! Back to Gonzo and the cannon...
I am happy that he comes packed with a cannon for an accessory, it looks great! And in most parts I probably won't be shooting him out of it that often. Maybe a few times...
Oh well... A gonzo figure is enough to be happy about and no matter how far he shoots out or doesn't I am still happy to have a Gonzo figure!

bc-fraggle

Reaction score
Hey folks. Have any of you of recent heard when the Muppet Figures for Series 2 will arrive. Last week of October? First Week of November, now that they have started to ship?

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
I'm goin g to guess 2nd week of Nov for canada, but hopefully sooner! I'll let everyone know as soon as I get a phone call from EB

bc-fraggle

Reaction score
I am thinking the 2nd week of November too. I wonder if the location in Canada makes a difference as to when we will get them. Since I am nearest the coast, I think you'll get yours before I do, Stryder. I'll leave a post when I get the call from my EB too.

trcrack

Reaction score
Originally posted by bc-fraggle
Hey folks. Have any of you of recent heard when the Muppet Figures for Series 2 will arrive. Last week of October? First Week of November, now that they have started to ship?
I preordered mine today from EB and was told Nov. 17 is the target. I'm in Calgary. Hope this helps.

Ryan

bc-fraggle

Reaction score
Thanks Ryan! That did help!
Now at least I have a new date to mark on the calendar for the arrival of the Muppet Figures. Are any of you guys losing your heads with excitement as much as I am?
Oh one last thing... I haven't been to the comic stores lately. I was wondering if any of the Muppet Busts have been sighted by you guys here in Canada? If so how much are they retailing for?

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
I haven't seen any yet, but I only go to one comic store and he doesn't stock much in the way of statues...

Sideroad

Reaction score
Ordering at EB

I bought several of the series one figures at my local EB in St. Catherines ON, and they definately had the best price (12.99).
In the last few months though this store has stopped carrying toys! Does anyone know if they will order them in anyway. I guess I'll go down and try to pre order them. My local comic shop carries the full line in good quantities but you have to buy quick and at full price. I Got my muppet labs playset at an EB in the Square One mall in Missasa... TO for 20% off in the summer while I was up there but I don't get there to often.
I still don't know why they were giving 20% off toys though.
Guess I might be making a road trip soon.