Canadian Collectors Support

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
I think the exclusive is JUST the chef, not the kitchen, so it wouldn't be that bad...bu tyeah, I doubt I'll be able to buy it in any case...like I said, only stuff that appears on the shelf in Canada is gonna be in my budget, unfortunately :\

Prof Shubbly

Reaction score
Well, I think that the Chef exclusive will be a show exclusive (not sure if that was said in the Ask Ken thread or not, and I'm not going back to read the last dozen pages, but I think it may have been explicitly stated) Just going by our experiences so far, the playset pack-in tends to be fodder for show exclusives, and being a member of the collector's club gives you a line on getting those figures with minimum pain (though your wallet may disagree)

I just got a post office notice saying that I need to go pick up a parcel, so hopefully I'll have a chance to go pick up my WW Dr. Teeth some time this week. Just in time to pack it in a box before I move at the end of the month.

Prof. Shubbly

bc-fraggle

Reaction score
Hey Prof Shubbly! & Guys!
This is a completely non-muppet related collecting question -sorry!
I just bought Singe and Princess Daphne from the Dragon's Lair action figure set today! finally!. I needed to satisfy my "collecting buying urges" somehow until series 2. Seriously though these figures are great.
The sales guy at EB was drooling over the Daphne figure (I learnt that the Daphne character was modeled after several playboy models) so you can imagine what the figure looks like. Singe the Dragon has this neat articulation in his tail, and rubber skin to cover it... cool! I am getting the other two figures tommorow.
Any word when Series 2 Dragon Lair figures come out... and what ones they are?
I heard that the Lizard King could be one.

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
I don't know anything about thos efigures specificaly but it sounds neat! I almost went and started buying ReBoot figures to help my addiciton, but they aren't very good, so I decided not to...Wish Palisades was making THOSE..I'd buy Every one no problem...

hmm, BTW, I found that my comic book store still has 3 or 4 Muppe Labs playsets for sale if anyone is still looking for them....it's at 'The Paperback Exchange" at McCowan and Eglington in Scarborough, Ontario (which I realise helps very few people, but what can ya do...)

MahnaMahna

Reaction score
Originally posted by Stryder Wolfe
I don't know anything about thos efigures specificaly but it sounds neat! I almost went and started buying ReBoot figures to help my addiciton, but they aren't very good, so I decided not to...Wish Palisades was making THOSE..I'd buy Every one no problem...

hmm, BTW, I found that my comic book store still has 3 or 4 Muppe Labs playsets for sale if anyone is still looking for them....it's at 'The Paperback Exchange" at McCowan and Eglington in Scarborough, Ontario (which I realise helps very few people, but what can ya do...)
How much are they selling for? I found mine at EB in Barrie for $35, but I want an alternative for the future in case I can't find the future series up here. I would drive to Scarborough if I had to!

Oh yeah, and how much are (were) the figures? EB here had them for $12.99 and the exclusive was $14.99.

Mark

Prof Shubbly

Reaction score
Hmmm...I did see the series 2 line-up somewhere (including some images of the characters. Let's see if I can dig it up...ok, it's The Lizard King, the Giddy Goons, Dragon's Essence Dirk and The Thorn Lord. I was hoping for some mudmen or the Black Knight, but I guess I'll make do. Truth be told, in Series 1 Daphne is my least favourite fig.

As for prices, I believe I got most of my figures at EB for 13.99, I think, thought it was a while ago. I had to pay 44 bucks for the playset at a specialty shop though, as I was having a hard time finding it in stores (especially considering TRU Canada didn't stock it) I also paid about 10US for a couple tuxedo kermits and a long hair Piggy. Then it was 85US (ugh) for WW Dr. Teeth, and club prices for my VC Beakers and IS Fozzies. (and the invis Beaker as well)

Prof. Shubbly

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
Originally posted by MahnaMahna
How much are they selling for? I found mine at EB in Barrie for $35, but I want an alternative for the future in case I can't find the future series up here. I would drive to Scarborough if I had to!

Oh yeah, and how much are (were) the figures? EB here had them for $12.99 and the exclusive was $14.99.

Mark
The playset is 35 bucks in the comic store as well...sadly, I bought it on the internet before they got in to the comic store after not being able to find it ANYWHERE else for a bit more money (like, 45 or so)

The Figures I've been getting at EB and TRU, EB prices are the same in Scarboro (I go to the one at Scarboro Town Centre, on the lower level). I think the TRU ones are 14.99 each. The Comic shop at mccowan/Eglington is similarly priced (making the first time in recorded histroy that EB had the best price on ANYTHING :wink: )

bc-fraggle

Reaction score
For my lab playset I paid $44 dollars as well. The most so far that I have paid for a figure was the invisable figure which was $27 US which after the exchange was about $48 (postage and taxes for the money order were included).

The muppet figures I bought cost me about $14.99, which I bought at both TRU and EB. Remember that EB can pre-order your Muppet figures!

Non- mUppet stuff:
As for my Dragon Lair's fig's they too cost me $14.99 as well, except for Singe the Dragon $24.99 becasue he is a larger figure ( I think he's 12inches from head to tail)

About Daphne - she has a good sculpt but her articulation is very limited so that makes for a weak figure. However the Fire Drake makes her worth buying. As for series 2 figures I did some hunting on the net and I heard that those ones you listed were planned as well. Thanks for the tips Prof!

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
pre-ordered all of wave 2 now except for Gonzo,since they don't have specific pre-order for exclusive/non-exclusive...igure if I get called into the store the first day to get the others, they'll have both in stock anyway, and I can decide to get one or the other or both...

bc-fraggle

Reaction score
I myself have preordered gonzo at my EB store. However the manager there said I was able to take the exclusive version instead should I want. I figure I will be one of the first people to have the choice between the two versions as I will be called in when the toys arrive, just like yourself.

I kinda thought that the exclusive Gonzo's helmet would be removeable, but I guess too in a way in makes sense that it is permantely fixed on to his head. I figure that if the helmet was removeable then it would probably fall off at times when shooting gonzo out of the cannon.

I can't wait to try out the cannon!