Canadian Collectors Support

GPrime1

Reaction score
Getting Muppet stuff in BC can be tough. Where are you from? I found that TRU was exceptionally unhelpful. They didn't even know about the product and when I walked in a few weeks after they were released in the States, and I found a few figures hidden from the eye amongst a whack of Todd McFarlane crap. I found that the EB Games at Lougheed Mall in Burnaby to be fairly helpful, they at least had Dr Teeth. I think I probably went to roughly 10 stores in the Lower Mainland to find them all, it was a real hassle. I doubt that you will find Bunsen anywhere, although I may have seen him at Golden Age Collectibles on Granville for about $25 bucks. Virgin had a bunch of the playsets, but just Piggy and Kermit figs. Best plan is to pre-order at EB, although for figs like Bunsen, you might want to check Amazon.ca (I saw one there the other day). or try www.mycomicshop.com. and order him through there.

bc-fraggle

Reaction score
Hi Gprime1!
Hi Ken!

First off thanks ken for your imput on the whole shipping issue of the vacation Fozzie. I thought to myself that 16 weeks is a tad too long to wait.... I never really thought of the extra time needed in case of any mishaps, but it clearly makes sense. Thanks for shedding light into this for me and possibly some others. By the way people since I mention Toyfare a lot, I seriously reconmend picking up a copy! It's a great mag for adult toy collectors!

Gprime1! You are my new collecting buddy along with Stryder Wolfe! You guys are full of the good tips. I live about 45 minutes from Vancouver, I too have found at least 2 TRU's to be unhelpful, althought the langley location had at one point all of the Muppets... I just hestitated on buying them that day for some dumb reason.

bc-fraggle

Reaction score
continued from above...

Anyhow I called a couple of comic stores- Comic Scene in Surrey had Dr.Teeth, reg.Kermit and Piggy. The guy there gave me Teeth at $14 with tax included. Great deal. He is getting the others in Series 2 or so he says. Called Golden Age- my first place to call- no Bunsen. I think they tend to jack up the prices a little, but still I am getting desperate. EB's all had Kermit and Piggy (regular version) and the Guildford Mall had 3 exclusive Piggy's with long hair. I will check with Virgin to see if they still have the playsets... didn't know they sold the muppets. The playset is my big hunt for the moment as you may know that shipping for that baby is roughly around $16U.S - I am sure though that is reasonable considering the weight of the playset. I have preordered all of series 2! God bless EB for doing that! They are now my new muppet headquarters! This is so cool GPrime1 that you live in my area! We can give each other tips! Hope to hear more from you here! Welcome to the forum!

GPrime1

Reaction score
What about ordering the Muppet Labs from EB? Can they still do that? Besides that, I've seen the Labs at Golden Age and Virgin for $50 a pop at both locations. Let me know if you see the Muppet CD that has yet to make it's way here!

bc-fraggle

Reaction score
I still haven't checked out Golden Age and Virgin yet? Do you know if they have Bunsen? Gosh... he's the one to get it seems! I hear that is in due to the cool rabbit robot he comes with, almost like getting two figures for one price. I think the lab can still be ordered on the EB website... not sure though... Woops I just recalled that Golden Age doesn't have Bunsen.... anywhere else?

As for the CD's arriving yet... I have only seen the DVD's not CD's sorry! The DVD's that I saw were at the Langley A&B sound. I don't have a dvd player cause I suck... so I didn't buy them, not anyway but soon. There was a few to choose from and each had 3 episodes on them. I am really excited cause a few cool fantasy movies are now on DVD! Labyrinth... The Neverending Story! and Legend! They all were great movies! Gotta get me a dvd player!

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
I just got the two Best of the Muppet show on VHS, since I too am without a DVD player..they rock :smile: especially the first tape with Mark Hammil, Paul Simon and ohh..I'm drawing a blank on the woman who was the guest in the third ep, but she was the girl from 1,000,000 yeas BC....

the second tape is grat to, I recommend both!

oh, and the CD is supposed to be out in Canada tomorrow! Form wht I hear, but I'm not sure what stores are carrying it..apparently HMV is NOT, but that might just be an employee error there and not true...

but this is supposed to be about action figures...hmm..well, I got bunsen a long time ago in Toronto, and haven't really seen him since...the rabbit guy IS really cool...I was shocked that he had some basic articulation and everything...still, Dr. Teeth is my fav figure...so cool looking :big_grin:

well, I don't know what else you can do..I think that the playset was pretty heavy on shipping...I paid around $50 CDN for mine, but I don't feel bad, because i had NEVER seen it in a store before I ordered it onine (of course, once I got it I saw it afterwards, but whatever..it is wel worth the 50 bucks!)

so BC, how are you enjoying the figs you DID pick up already??? You must like them a lot since you're searching more!

Prof Shubbly

Reaction score
I agree BC, Toyfare is pretty good. Unfortunately, I put off picking it up until no stores in my area had any copies yet, so I'm going to have to go through the website and get it shipped to a friend in the States. Which isn't too bad, since I'll need him to pick up the other Vacation Fozzie exclusive, since it won't be available up here. Now I just need to find a good excuse to go visit him so I can avoid having to pay to get them shipped again.

Prof. Shubbly

bc-fraggle

Reaction score
Oh no Prof Shubbly! That is terrible news that you didn't get a copy of toyfare. It is more sad to know cause my local Chapters store has several copies. The magazine has great pics of series 3 and 2 mixed together. Plus they have the "nekkid" Rowlf version pictured too. Why was he taken away... saddness fills my heart! Soon I hope we see him in the stores!

Styder Wolfe! How's it going?
Did I tell you guys that the Wolfe is a Canadian Collecting genius? Well he is!
Anyhow to answer your question Wolfe, I do love my Muppet action figures! I want them all! Although I think I like the lab beaker better than the invisable version. Do any of you guys have both? If so what is better?

the Mad Moose

Reaction score
Originally posted by Stryder Wolfe
I just got the two Best of the Muppet show on VHS, since I too am without a DVD player..they rock :smile: especially the first tape with Mark Hammil, Paul Simon and ohh..I'm drawing a blank on the woman who was the guest in the third ep, but she was the girl from 1,000,000 yeas BC....

that would be Raquel Welch...