1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Cartoon all stars to the rescue.

Discussion in 'Muppet Babies' started by JJandJanice, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Tim Kelly

Tim Kelly Member

I taped it off TV, and even though the quality is not the greatest, I know I still have my copy because my brother & I watched it quite recently.
  2. Infinity Sirius

Infinity Sirius New Member

Shows how daft I am. If Walt Disney didn't own Muppet Babies why would this forum be under the Walt Disney title heading.
  3. Dantecat

Dantecat Active Member

Because The Walt Disney Company now owns The MB's.
  4. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Blockbuster had a copy of it. I rented it once but after that since ours closed down because of Hastings then I haven't been able to find it. I always loved this speical. They showed us once in school. I also saw it on TV too. I would love to see this on DVD. I love all the cartoons that were in this special.
  5. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Active Member

Man it's going for like 30 dollars on Ebay. God I want it now. But yeah this special had some great cartoons.
  6. Animal Jam

Animal Jam New Member

I also have the tape(not taped from TV, the retail tape) of it. Its a really good special, and it starts with a short into by Mr. and Mrs. Bush sr., probably sice Barabara bush used to have a storytime with alot of those characters on the radio.

I would be willing to trade with any1, if they have something good.
  7. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

GArfield and ALF together in one special. 80's as heck!

And the only official time too. He commented on the Garfield baloon at the Macy's Parade in 87 (I think), and in a MAD magazine they had an ALF celebrity cat cook book where he cooked Garfield. (Off topic... the Mad Magazine ALF parody had a lot of Muppets in the background. You may want to check that out).
  8. Speed Tracer

Speed Tracer Well-Known Member

I totally remember that. I rented it like every weekend at one point.

It taught me the values of not smoking, or else cartoons will yell at me and beat me up.
    MJTaylor likes this.
  9. Mr Humbug

Mr Humbug Member

I downloaded this yesterday and it is so bad that it's actually quite good. The introduction by George and Barbera Bush at the start is strange indeed!
  10. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I wonder why Michaelangelo was the only cartoon character in the special who didn't appear on the cover.
  11. Dantecat

Dantecat Active Member

Beats Me!Also,During The Credits during the special and The Description of The back of the cover,It said Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on it.I wonder why they totally did that since it was just MichaelAngelo.If it was 2-4,Than it would make sense to add Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.:concern: :smirk:
  12. G-MAN

G-MAN Active Member

I loved that special, we actually managed to copy it onto a VHS tape, from the rental copy, and I have to say that things like this (and Too Smart For Strangers) helped make me the responsible adult I am today.
  13. getup

getup New Member

ahhh, Too smart for strangers. i used to have that. i have a copy of the cartoon all-stars to the rescue on tape somewhere. i used to have one more of those stranger videos and i don't remember what it was called though. i just remember a red box and i watched it ALL the time. wish i knew what it was.
  14. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Active Member

Man it sure would be great to see this on DVD.
  15. crazed gonzo fa

crazed gonzo fa Active Member

I just checked on it on ebay. It is selling for $14.99, plus $3.00 for shipping and handling.
  16. anythingmuppet

anythingmuppet New Member

17. SwedishChefCook

SwedishChefCook New Member

I really loved this special as well. In fact when I was in 3rd grade when it first came out, my principal had all of the 3rd and 4th graders come in the cafeteria and watch this special one afternoon. It really was awsome seeing all of the current Saturday Morning Cartoon charachters from that time on there. It's something I'll never forget, and I do hope it comes out on DVD today because I think the kids of today are in a bigger need than ever to see a video like this before they get to the age where drugs become available.
  18. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

I kind of remember that, but it's a blur to me.
  19. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

So awsome fine anything muppet. Can't wait to watch it. I rented it some long time ago. I've always loved this speical. It taught lots of kids not to do drugs. Glad to see it still around. This brings back lots of memories.
  20. BEAR

BEAR Active Member