Catastrophic new Daily Bit

Luke

Reaction score
Guys, i get your points on my CC remarks - i didn't mean that they should take everybodys pocket books into account and only make cheaper figures. Just maybe that they should have pointed out right from the start that the prices for figures could fluctuate and multiple figure packs may be released. I know it's easy for me to say that with hindsight and it was a good thing they started the club and got it together quickly for people.

Cory, i'm glad you are looking forward to the lobsters - they really are a niche fan favorite. I just get the feeling the 'chickie in the basket' would have been a lot more popular and made the Chef figure better priced and a better seller for Palisades and mainstream fans in general. Articulated lobsters don't exactly scream 'Buy' at me but each to our own tastes. Yeah i know how you feel about Pepe's face now ! LOL !

BAZ

Reaction score
I'm agreeing with Luke on this one. I had planned on skipping the kitchen and just getting the repainted chef. Cost is not my issue, it storage space. I'm running out of places to put this stuff! After seeing the messy Chef, I may get the kitchen after all. He's just too messed up.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Luke

The Lobsters were booted from the kithcen at the 11th hour because the Kitchen was already too expensive. Since the sculps were already made (and expensive too) they bumped the Chiken en dur Baskee (that had been reported) in favor of the lobsters. Wait another year and we could very well get those pesky Baskee chickens. Personally, I think it would be cool if a Tux Chef came with those accessories. It gets a new sculpt of Chef and and the pack ins we want. Not that they necessarily match, but we mix and match our sets anyway.

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
The prices will fluctuate on club purchases. There was a Micronauts figure that was a bundle for over 75.00, and another Micro set for 40.

Not sure if we really should have said we planned to stick to 15.00 especially since that wasn't even the plan at the time. The basic figure price on the exclusive is 15.00, though...that's a calculated number based on volume and costs. You have the Chef, for example, that will be 20.00. That's 15.00 for the Chef and 5.00 for three pack-ins and weapons. We figured that was a fair deal all things considered. The reality is on the cost aspects that we should have charged 25.00. All goes back to costs being amortized over the volume.

Animal Tour is 15.00, Chef is 20.00, Bunsen and Beaker will be 25.00, Statler and Waldorf will likely be 30.00. We were able to cut the 15.00 per average cost on B & B because a lot of the tooling and amortized costs have been covered by other Beakers in past releases.

I don't blame anybody for being frustrated over prices. But I just want to explain that it is always really well-thought out and arrived at as fairly as possible.

FellowWLover

Reaction score
That Swedish Chef reminds me of something...

You know how people are always taking photos of their kids with messy food faces, like after they dive into a first birthday cake or eat a chocolate ice cream cone? I guess it was really cute at the time, but in reality, once it gets to you, it is just an icky photo of a messy kid that isn't yours.

I'd rather have a copy of the yearly portrait, or at least a Christmas candid... sloppy might be funny, but it isn't that nice to look at.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
LOL! i guess they want to really make this on diffrent from the reg kicthen one. well whatever, i'm still getting both but i think they should clean him up a little.

the lobsters look great!!!!

smcguire

Reaction score
When I joined the club, I didn't get the impression that all the figures offered would be $15. I didn't get a price impression at all, beyond that the first couple would be $15. I just got the impression that I'd be offered an opportunity to buy the exclusive figures... And if now some of them cost more, well, it's my option not to buy them. $20 for the figure plus three different lobsters seems reasonable to me.

And I think the Spanish-talking, shooting lobsters is one of the more famous Swedish Chef skits, so I don't think it's a better or worse choice than the Chickee-in-der-baskie. I'll be happy to have the lobsters.

And finally I think the Culinary Catastrophe Chef is hilarious, and so do several of my co-workers. :smile:

--Scott McGuire

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Here's what I'm thinking. Suppose you were going to go to a convention in another state. You have to pay for travel and rooming expenses, plus food and entry to the convention. By the time you add all that up, the "one trip" of $30 isn't that bad, considering the prices of the figures and how much you'd pay to get out to buy one. Or, trying to get one off ebay or another auction for $65 or $150 and it's in the same box etc. that you get from the CC.

No, I don't think there's anything bad about the cost of the figures.

And I'm not kissing buttox either; that would cost THEM up to $50...
:stick_out_tongue:

Wander McMooch

Reaction score
Maybe I'm coming from a different place here, but I don't see that much of a problem. I'll probably pass on Tux Beaker and Bunsen, but that Swedish Chef variant is way too cool to pass up.

As for the price, well, I'm used to buying those darn Hasbro Batman Animated four-packs just to get one new figure (often the only new one for the year). This is a superior action figure which is well-painted and comes with three equally well-painted add-ins.

I think that I'm joining that Collector's Club after all. I'd like to pick Chef up as well as the "Mystery New Figure" and maybe even Vaudeville Statler and Waldorf.

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
well, I was a little hesitant in joining the club initially, being an "international" member, because of the high cost of shipping and exchange rates, but I decided what the heck, and I honestly haven't been disappointed in the slightest. And I'm not exactly rolling in the dough here (unlike the Chef exclusive :stick_out_tongue:)