CGI Muppet Babies Show?

Movies205

Reaction score
First off anime is part of animation and should be embraced. Though make no mistake that companies are going over-board with the anime style, just look at Teen Titans, none the less there is plenty of good anime. Secondly it sounds to me that it'll be puppets but enhanced with CGI. I don't like CGI when it's over-used but you can't sop the future. You have to embrace it, so there going try something different, it still puppets there just using CGI to do things they couldn't go b4. Let's give them a shot, I think that what kermit would do :smile:

baby sinclair

Reaction score
Well disney does have a nice relation with square soft when the two collided in 2002 with the release of kingdom hearts.So if disneys partners with square we could see some really nice graphics put into this show.But if not all i have to tell disney either put nice cgi into this show or dont even bother and just leave it be.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well... off the bat, I disliked the idea of a CGI version of the show... but then again....

I do like how they combine puppetry and CGI. Sort of a step in the direction Henson took in JHH. It combines the classic art of puppetry with the modern use of CGI. I forgive it ONLY if they use the Waldo system. But then again, the Muppet Babies were cartoons (not counting the fantasy sequence in TMTM).

And I gotta agree with Skeeter on the Anime subject. Why the heck can't true buffs like both? You might as well count out Zagreb Studios' wild experimental stuff, or CGIs and Stop motion. Yeah, Pokemon is an anime, and it's lame... but how's that different from the 10,000 Scooby Doo and Archies ripoffs that Hanna Barbara made in the 1970's? All forms of art have their stinkeroos. Why cannot someone enjoy old warners cartoons, and not Akira or anything like that? In fact, a lot of popular cartoons from the 80's were Animes , as they were animated in Japan. Let's count them off. Heathcliff, Inspector Gadget, TMNT, and... (to tie this up in irony) MUPPET BABIES!!!! (As per my understanding)

floydnjanicefan

Reaction score
I actually think that the show will be pretty good. CGI can be impressive, and I think that Disney will do a great job with it. My concerns for the show are which characters they will use (please keep Rowlf, Scooter, and Skeeter), and which ones they add. I personally would like to see only the originals living in the nursery, and maybe more visiting characters (like what Bunsen and Beaker were in the original show.)

Visiting characters that I would like to see: Pepe, Johnny, Sal, Sam, Chef, Bunsen, Beaker, Dr. Teeth, Floyd, Janice, Zoot, Rizzo, Robin, Bean, Sweetums

zanimum

Reaction score
Skeeter Muppet said:
Remember: it was an anime that won the first Best Animated Picture Academy Award in 2003.
Often the Academy picks actors and movies for ratings. Often it's "woah! the underdog won!" or in this case, "woah! the Academy likes something I like, they must be cool! I'll continue to care about them!"

zanimum

Reaction score
floydnjanicefan said:
I actually think that the show will be pretty good. CGI can be impressive, and I think that Disney will do a great job with it.
They do need to work on it a bit, though. See the trailer for Mickey's Twice Upon a Christmas to find out why:
http://disneyvideos.disney.go.com/moviefinder/products/3252103.html

Compared to classic Disney animation, it just seems stiff. The Muppet equal or surpass Disney in amount of movement (just look at Kermit speak), and so it could all end up a little awkward.

Luke

Reaction score
Again, Disney are not making this show or using any of their own animation techniques to do things with it. Henson has the deal to make ALL Muppet shows and will be using their own in-house performance control system. Tests for this show have been done, character voices are in place. It's just up to Disney if they want to commision Henson to actually make it as part of the deal or not.

WiGgY

Reaction score
zanimum said:
They do need to work on it a bit, though. See the trailer for Mickey's Twice Upon a Christmas to find out why:
http://disneyvideos.disney.go.com/moviefinder/products/3252103.html

Compared to classic Disney animation, it just seems stiff. The Muppet equal or surpass Disney in amount of movement (just look at Kermit speak), and so it could all end up a little awkward.
Hmm..that's looks interesting. I hope this isn't how all their productions will be done though. It's odd seeing these characters in this way. It's realistic and catoony all at once. The main problem seems to be with the mouth, but that shouldn't be an issue with muppets.

I hope Henson uses their Waldo technology. I assume they will. That seems to be the way they do CGI with muppets. If that is how it is done, and they use the main muppet performers, it will be cool. CGI has come such a long way. It should look cool.

Luke

Reaction score
They aren't using the main Muppet performers, they are apparently using some of the newer Muppeteers. I think there are some names floating around somewhere. A Henson insider posted on another forum about it a while back.

WiGgY

Reaction score
Will these newer guys be doing the voices? I'd rather have Frank (or most likely Eric) do baby Fozzie and Piggy instead of some new guy. Of course the voices on the old cartoon weren't exactly matches either so I guess it doesn't matter.

Will this be a totally new show or a continuation of the old one?