1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Classic Clips on SST Workshop's Site

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by mikebennidict, Aug 13, 2008.

1. Dshibshm Member

How about the Simon Soundman song to his wife about the sounds that remind him of her? Also, the spelling bee film that ends with the teacher announcing "another one on Monday".
  2. mikebennidict New Member

I was just looking through it again today and came across some new stuff or stuff that's at least new to me.

Paul Simon: El Condor Pasa

Marrylou Williams, Jazz Pianist Scatting with the kids.

Jose Feliciano: World Without Music.
  3. MuppetDude Active Member

4. Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Everyone, if you go on the site, look under the recently added tab on the videos and you'll see some newly added, unnamed videos! Including three informational videos about the website by Grover and a SW worker (even a Muppet Kitty on the Potty!)
  5. StreetScenes Member

where is this recently added tab? i still don't see it.
  6. Oscarfan Well-Known Member

View a video and right above the related videos, there's box and switch it to recently added.
  7. StreetScenes Member

thanks! (*happily singing about watermelons and cheese*)
  8. StreetScenes Member

Hey, I recognize the location on this one--the clip Family Mountain Hike was filmed at Mount Battie :batty: overlooking Camden, Maine. The kid is right--it is a nice hike, with maximum view for minimal effort.
  9. StreetScenes Member

here is telly singing "Hace Frio!" ...but beware: it was sunny here and the weather said there was a 6% chance of precipitation today, and then i watched this 2 minute long video and now i'm in the middle of a blizzard and there's snow blowing sideways, up, and around in circles...i'm not kidding. it's really bizzare.
  10. Ilikemuppets New Member

You're making me wan to watch this clip right now just to see if it really happens or not. :shifty:
  11. StreetScenes Member

when does "Classic" ss end?

i'm sure this has been debated on this forum before, and i'm sure many people have answers based on everything from character or muppeteer deaths / debuts, to changes in look, sound, or format, to "when i stopped watching it." (of course my answer to all three of those is the same: ca. 1990, so clearly i'm right and the debate can just end there...;))

but now that sw has labeled a whole bunch of their skits on the video player as "classic," can anyone well-versed in '90s ss figure out when THEY mark the line between classic and recent? and do you agree?
  12. Oscarfan Well-Known Member

On the video site, they label everything before Season 25 classic. Everything from season 25 and after is considered modern.
  13. StreetScenes Member

cool. thanks. do they (or does anyone else) have any justification for this date?
  14. StreetScenes Member

i love this one--the phonebook alphabet. caroll's portrayal of a child's excitement over the seemingly mundane is spot on. and then there's the references to ss people's last names...i heard five of them--am i missing any?
  15. Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Recently added: Little Jerry's "Sad"!
  16. Dantecat Active Member

WOW Oscarfan That sure is an Amazing fine! Great Job Sesame Workshop and Keep the classic skits coming!:batty:;)
  17. Dantecat Active Member

I mean't "find".Sorry!
  18. mikebennidict New Member

Wish they would put that 1 up as well.
  19. mikebennidict New Member

Sesame Street Roughnecks and the Subtraction Bowl.

This one you'll find if you type up numbers and early math

These so called SS Roughnecks try to subtract stuff by removing things and a girl named regular kids finds an easy way to do it and beats the Roughnecks.
  20. minor muppetz Well-Known Member

The Sesame Street News segment in which Kermit itnerviews Cinderella and Prince Charming at the ball is now up at sesamestreet.org. It's listed a sKermit News: Cinderella.