1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Classic Clips on SST Workshop's Site

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by mikebennidict, Aug 13, 2008.

1. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Some great clips have been added today:
    • The Magic Finger Square with Kermit the Frog
    • Rappin' Alphabet with Grover and Ferlingetti Donizetti
    • Two-headed Monster Cooperation (I wonder if this might be his.. err, their... err, the monsters first appearance... the performers are reversed)
    • Cookie and Eggs
  2. Livehandmuppet

Livehandmuppet New Member

Ernie and the count

Im in desperation. Please tell me someone has the scene where ernie and the count were singing "Be the count" I so love that song!
  3. pureimagination

pureimagination New Member

For some reason, I've always thought this one was funny. Kermit is directing a rehearsal of "Oklahoma" and the lead keeps using the wrong vowel--like "AAAAAAK-La-Homa!", "EEEEEEEEK-La-Homa!" etc. What cracks me up is how Kermit slowly starts to unravel and finally loses it! Also, the cow and horse dance is kinda funny...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ9g62YE1N4&feature=related
  4. minor muppetz

A handful of new clips were added, most of which are "classic", none of which include Muppets, and most of which have been released on video. Among them is The Alligator King, which I thouhgt was already on the site. Another added sketch is the E cartoon from the first episode (Sesame Workshop had uploaded it on it's youtube channel at least a week ago). The "Rhyming and Stealing" cartoon (included in Getting Ready to Read) has also been added.
  5. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

I've been going through the whole Classic Clip lists and one such Muppet related skit is Ernie asking to borrow Herbert's Vacuum.

Another while not bran new is Judy Collins and Biff singing One Thing Leads to Another.

Hopefully they'll add the one with her singing This Is a Song Without a Reason.
  6. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

I hope they add Cereal Girl, too.
  7. minor muppetz

Several clips were added today, including a first season version of The people in Your Neighborhood (with a grocer and a doctor), Ernie talking about shapes, and Ernie talking about his day at the zoo.
  8. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

They now have the E&B skit where Ernie talks about shapes while they're going to bed and the last thing he asks Bert is how many sides a circle has? which Bert tries to figure it out but Ernie is now asleep and Bert lies awake wondering.
  9. Muppet dude

Muppet dude Active Member

They have that 1990s "WALK/DON'T WALK" skit I remember! The one that has the fast jazzy rock music and the kids saying "Walk" and "DON'T walk!"
  10. minor muppetz

"The Trash Can" has been added to the site, though the title given is "Bruno & The Trashmen". Interestingly, Bruno is not listed under the "Featuring" heading, but Gina is. Searching for Bruno does show this link (though I wonder if that's because Sesame Workshop chose to put his name in the clip title).

It's great that Bruno is now in a clip on the site, though I wish it was one I didn't know about. That song has been on Youtube for awhile, and it seems like very few Bruno clips are available to us fans. I would have preferred that Sesame Workshop include a Bruno clip with Oscar. But hey, if I decide I want to celebrate Caroll Spinney's birthday by watching Caroll Spinney clips on Sesamestreet.org, I can include Bruno in the celebration (I hope those in charge of the site are reading this and hurry on uploading Shivers the Penguin clips).
  11. minor muppetz

Several classic clips have been added today, especially from the first season. The site has "Kermit Counts to 5", "Baker Number Seven", and "Ernie and the Broken Ukelelee, Part 1" (I don't know why part 2 isn't on the site). "The Beach Bully" with Ernie and Bert is also on the site.
  12. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

They have The 4 Mysterious Dragons skit and that film where the man gets asked if he knows what forwards and backwards means and after saying how busy he is and has no time for this kind of nonsense, well you know what happens next.

Also while not newly added, they also have a clip where Luis shows a film of Big Bird riding his unicyle and himself and Maria cartwheeling and the film malfunctions and runs both forward and backwards.
  13. minor muppetz

The website finally has a season one Grover sketch! The "first and last" sketch was added. Interestingly, on eof the tag for the clip is "Old Grover". I hope more of these "Old Grover" sketches get added in the near future.
  14. minor muppetz

After being available on Hulu and Sesame Workshop's official Youtube channel, Bert & Ernie Go to Egypt is finally on the site. The version with added background music.

Hill Street Twos with Ernie annd Grover is also on the site (it was on the site earlier this week, but wasn't in the "recently added" bar until today").

And the site has Mr. Snuffleupagus's song If I Was a Cloud in the Sky.
  15. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

Some addition clips have been added.

1 of them is an old film which I've never seen before with 2 figure sakters perforing a routine.

What's interesting is there's a 3 second pause just before then begin to skate, which is probably no big deal but with most SS films made through the years you have the music playing from the beginning.

Wonder of maybe when this was aired this 3 time was edited out?
  16. minor muppetz

That is a great film. You may have noticed on sesamestreet.org (and the bonus clips on the Old School sets) that the sketches fade in and out, somethign that doens't happen much on the show. I'm starting to think that the first and last seconds of each sketch is normally edited on the show, unless a fade-in or fade-out is done on the show. These days the trasnitions are a checkered-style, but during at least the first ten years (and I recall seeing this don in a few season 25 episodes) it was common for sketches to fade in and out, but not for every sketch in the same episode. And when watching clips on this site that are in the episodes on the old school sets, I noticed that the first and last few seconds often don't appear in the episodes in those sets.
  17. minor muppetz

The holy grail of film clips is on the site RIGHT NOW! That's right... Baker #1 is finally on the site.
  18. Muppet dude

Wow, I guess Sesame Workshop wanted to prove to us fans that a print of the film still indeed exists! I give a LOT of credit to them!
  19. Muppet dude

Even though it was the version with new background music, it looks like nothing was cut from it like I heard it was. The running time for the official version there is four minutes and 56 seconds, while the one that qbeam uploaded on YouTube back in February 2006 (taken from "The Best of Ernie and Bert" has a running time of four minutes and 50 seconds. Was the editing of the skit (i.e. cutting out parts) only done on "Elmo Says Boo?" or something, because the version Sesame Workshop has on their site appears to be uncut.
  20. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

They also have BB singing Everyone Makes Mistakes and and appearance by Nina Simmone singing a song called Young Gifted and Black.