1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Classic Clips on SST Workshop's Site

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by mikebennidict, Aug 13, 2008.

1. mikebennidict New Member

Is it me or is anyone else having trouble with the streaming?
  2. minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I found a funny clip called Elections Day, in which Big Bird and Snuffy learn about voting. And I think this is the first clip on the website where Snuffy's former "imaginary" status is directly mentioned.
  3. minor muppetz Well-Known Member

4. minor muppetz Well-Known Member

5. minor muppetz Well-Known Member

6. mikebennidict New Member

I didn't see this in any of the recently added stuff in the past but I came across the film where a girl and her grandfather put on new shoes for their horse.

Acually they change the shape of the horse shoe.
  7. minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Here's an interesting clip that was just added: http://www.sesamestreet.org/video_p...34d0c1-d782-4bcf-af27-f2da334c151e/snow_dance

It's obviously a special episode-specific closing credit sequence, yet there are no credits. The theme music is included, and Elmo provides a voice-over in announcing the sponsors, but otherwise it's just kids on the street dancing in the snow. I don't know what episode originally featured this, but I'd be surprised if there was an episode that featured closing theme music at the end without credits, and the sponsors before the music began.
  8. ssetta Active Member

OH wow! I can't believe it! That's actually from episode #2230!
  9. Dantecat Active Member

Me Neither I always thought the letter B was a sponsor.Also Were the credits cut off or was the episode just like that?How did someone know that was #2230?
  10. ssetta Active Member

The long part after the sponsors and before the CTW announcement originally had the credits over it. Similar to episode #2485, Maria & Luis's wedding. And I know this because I have a friend who just remembers a lot of episode numbers from the early 80s.
  11. minor muppetz Well-Known Member

12. mikebennidict New Member

One thing that's beginning to bother me is they seem to be adding more recent stuff than older stuff.
  13. mr3urious Well-Known Member

Hey, they might as well get that stuff out of the way first! :)
  14. mikebennidict New Member

No, they should do both.

Otherwise we have to keep waiting and waiting.
  15. minor muppetz Well-Known Member

16. Daffyfan2003 Active Member

I was wondering the same thing. If they were having a romantic dinner for two, why in the world would they invite Big Bird. If I had a date and an eight-foot bird ended up joining us, the girl would probably freak. Lol. It might be worth checking out the description of that ep on Muppet Wiki.
  17. Dantecat Active Member

Hey We have the skits of Grover trying to get warm at Kermit's House,The Count and Loretta Lynn Singing Count On Me,and Kermit interviewing John John about him meowing like a cat.:):super::batty:
  18. minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I am glad that the Kermit and John-John skit was added. Info was posted at Muppet Wiki, compiled by CTW Archives documents, and since there were no pictures I had wondered whether the documents mistakenly listed Kermit instead of Herry (as Herry and John-John had also demonstrated loud and soft). Good to know it exists (a picture was shown in the 40th anniversary book, but it didn't say what happened in it).

I wonder if there were many other skits where Kermit interviewed children on real-life city streets. There's also the one with the girl who made animal sounds, and that seems to be it.

It's a bit hard to watch the ending to that "warm and cold" sketch with Grover... It's hard enough to watch Grover suffer, but for some reason seeing Kermit suffer by being locked out of his home and freeze out in the snow is a bit too much (it's also hard for me to watch the sketch where Bert gets locked out and Ernie mistakes his constant knocking for practice). Kermit didn't really deserve to be locked in the cold (on Sesame Street the straight men rarely do yet often wind up as victims), and he had constantly tried to help Grover keep warm.

Hmm, but it is interesting that Kermit had a pair of earmuffs, which Grover once tried to sell to Kermit... So much for not having ears.
  19. mikebennidict New Member

I think you're taking the last 2 skits too seriously.

If this were for real, yes, but this is pretend and nothing to be upset about.
  20. minor muppetz Well-Known Member