Classic Clips on SST Workshop's Site

StreetScenes

Reaction score
when does "Classic" ss end?

i'm sure this has been debated on this forum before, and i'm sure many people have answers based on everything from character or muppeteer deaths / debuts, to changes in look, sound, or format, to "when i stopped watching it." (of course my answer to all three of those is the same: ca. 1990, so clearly i'm right and the debate can just end there...:wink:)

but now that sw has labeled a whole bunch of their skits on the video player as "classic," can anyone well-versed in '90s ss figure out when THEY mark the line between classic and recent? and do you agree?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
On the video site, they label everything before Season 25 classic. Everything from season 25 and after is considered modern.

StreetScenes

Reaction score
cool. thanks. do they (or does anyone else) have any justification for this date?

StreetScenes

Reaction score
i love this one--the phonebook alphabet. caroll's portrayal of a child's excitement over the seemingly mundane is spot on. and then there's the references to ss people's last names...i heard five of them--am i missing any?

Dantecat

Reaction score
WOW Oscarfan That sure is an Amazing fine! Great Job Sesame Workshop and Keep the classic skits coming!:batty::wink:

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Sesame Street Roughnecks and the Subtraction Bowl.

This one you'll find if you type up numbers and early math

These so called SS Roughnecks try to subtract stuff by removing things and a girl named regular kids finds an easy way to do it and beats the Roughnecks.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The Sesame Street News segment in which Kermit itnerviews Cinderella and Prince Charming at the ball is now up at sesamestreet.org. It's listed a sKermit News: Cinderella.