Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

mikebennidict

Reaction score
well I'm here at the library waching some of these clips. unfortunatly they seem to keep stalling but I'm sure that's been discuessed already.

Ziffel

Reaction score
Yeah usually I have to let the clip play through once, where it pauses about every five seconds. Then when I click to replay, it plays straight through without stopping. That seems to be most people's experience here. So next chance you get to the library give that a try and then you'll be able to enjoy those old clips again!
It's too bad it's been quite a while now since there have been any new classic clips added to the site. I was really enjoying being spoiled with new ones to view every day! But I'm glad a lot of the ones that were put in before are still there so I can keep enjoying those.

splitenz

Reaction score
Saving YouTube .flv files to hard drive

I am new to this forum, and I wanted to thank the regular posters for pointing me toward so much great information SS on the internet. I have really enjoyed your posts. It is so cool to know that other adults love Sesame too - my family pretty much figured I was just a weirdo. (And I am a weirdo - but I am so much more than that.)

I have this question: Is there any way to save the YouTube SS clips to my hard drive while I am watching them so that I can retrieve them offline and burn them to a CD for my daughter? I am running Mac OS 10.3.9 with a broadband connection (5 down). I have tried something from an earlier post to this thread, but I just get a hyperlink on my desktop. I also researched .flv players online, but nothing seems to record - only playback. I am willing to buy a reasonably-priced program, if that's what it takes.

Is there a trick to this? My goal is to save some of these clips to disk so that we don't lose access to them for my daughter (and for me, too - of course). :grouchy:

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

kristi at frenzmail dot net

JoeyMuppet

Reaction score
There are three Sesame Street clips on youtube.com that I really like,from when I used to watch Sesame Street in the early 90's.The first one is the
Bert skit/song where he's on a plane.The second is that Healthy Foods Rap with Cookie Monster,And the third is,but certainly not least,The Telephone Rock song.

splitenz

Reaction score
Thanks for the help!

Thanks for the link, Gonzo Leaper! That's exactly what I needed! :stick_out_tongue:

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Check out the cool intro video for the French version of Sesame Street that's on there now! :smile:

fatblue

Reaction score
Youtube clips

Well, just checked the sight this morning, either they are doing some maintenance work or the clips have been pulled for other reasons, only two pages left on the sight.

TDY

Reaction score
Thanks for the link to youtube! I was looking through there all afternoon yesterday, and I found some awesome clips. I loved the Barley closing!

But, when I went there just this morning, itr said that the user had removed most of those files! is that true, or are they just spread out more now?

TDY

Reaction score
The other day I was looking through the clips, and saw that they didn't have the clip of Forgetful Jones doing "Oklahoma!" That was one of the best parts!

"A-klahoma!

"I-klahoma"

"Okla-"

"Lunch break!"