Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

Ziffel

Reaction score
Ah I see someone has the 70's skit with Grover yanking the pillar away from underneath Herry! I love that line where Grover says, "Herry, trust me." and Herry says, "Good shot." Also very funny is when Mumford asks for a volunteer from the audience and when Grover comes up Mumfy groans, "Oh noooo." :smile:

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Bus Stop Cartoon.

Such a good one. Probably because of the music that goes with it. The guy who says bus stop sounds I don't know how to explain it. I don't recall seeing till the 80s but I bet it's much older. Am I right Ziffel or SS Mike?

Minstrel Murray

Reaction score
I just found this thread, and I'm sure glad I did! My brother and I used to love the martians, but I haven't seen one of their sketches in such a long time. So I watched them on youtube, and they are even funnier than I remember!

I also got to see some Biff & Sully, Teeny Little Super Guy, and the Egyptian Ernie statue.

Aaaaaand, I even found the only song I remember from Square One: "Nine, Nine, Nine". I never thought I'd see that again!

Now I just need some Twiddlebugs and the peanut butter song. Thanks to everyone who's providing these clips!

-Murray

Minstrel Murray

Reaction score
Whoops, I knew I'd forget something.

Did anyone else see the puppeteer in the "Cookies in Bed" Ernie & Bert sketch? Just a little slip-up. I've really always been impressed with how they perform the bedtime scenes.

-Murray

Phamos818

Reaction score
it's so depressing when you find a clip you really want to watch and it's been taken down. i mean, kermit the GORF! don't taunt me with that if you can't follow through. i wonder why that one person took down all their videos. anyway, i was pleased with the addition of little miss muffett when i looked today.

any of you who are using macs and don't know what to do with flv files once you've downloaded them, get a program called isquint. it changes flash files into mpegs. then you can even watch them on your ipod!

Ziffel

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
Such a good one. Probably because of the music that goes with it. The guy who says bus stop sounds I don't know how to explain it. I don't recall seeing till the 80s but I bet it's much older. Am I right Ziffel or SS Mike?
If it is from the early or mid 70's it's one I just don't have any memory for. So maybe it's 1977 or later.

Minstrel Murray said:
Did anyone else see the puppeteer in the "Cookies in Bed" Ernie & Bert sketch? Just a little slip-up. I've really always been impressed with how they perform the bedtime scenes.
I didn't ever notice it before but just went to youtube and viewed the clip and looked for it. I see it occurs just before Ernie reaches Bert's bed. :smile:
It kind of looks like what we see is another muppet, instead of a person. But wouldn't be likely for them to be carrying another muppet when Ernie and Bert were the only ones in the skit.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Just uploaded two new ones- enjoy! (I recently came across a bunch of cool clips in a classic Sesame Street episode- so I'll try to upload some when I can. Believe me when I say I hope to have some really cool classic stuff on there soon!:smile: :big_grin: )

(Oh yeah- the new clips- "I'm glad I'm still me" because "I love you"!)

Ziffel

Reaction score
Thanks GonzoLeaper. And I see there is now another Stevie Wonder (doing his 1972 song Superstition) segment on youtube. I don't remember seeing this back at the time. From the looks of the same set up as his Sesame Street song, it was probably taped on the same day. Interesting to put the Superstition song on SS since it contains a line that mentions the devil!
I really enjoyed the 1,2,3 SS song he did. I wonder how many other songs he did on the Street. And was he the one who did a song about body parts? I recall a man singing, "Parts of the body on Sesame Street. Ears! Eyes!" etc.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
The episode aired in 73. The only other song he performed was a song called 123 Sesame Street. Obviously this was only written for this epsiode. Otherwise he didn't perform any other hit songs of his.

grinder

Reaction score
sesamestchick said:
I have a few requests of old clips that I've been dying to see again, and I figured that as word is spreading, someone must be able to upload them!

Here is my wish list :

1. The live action clip where the cast members paint a tunnel on the wall and makes a choo-choo train come screaming towards the camera. This one gave me the Willies when I was a little girl! :eek:

2. The animated cartoon where the boy is lost in a weird "Peter Max" type of city with strange landmarks. He discovers the way back home by listening to the advice of a cool hepcat with a yo-yo. I haven't seen this one in years!

3. The cartoon where a boy rescues a baby bird that fell out of its nest, and the mother bird returns the favor by helping keep his pants up. I've been looking for this one for a loooooong time!

4. A live action sketch where a clown shows how he looks without makeup and then puts it on really fast to show the difference. I think that it was Dustin Hoffman who played the clown.

I really hope that someone out there has these and can upload them to youtube.com. I had gotten a few clips of my own off of WinMX before it went belly-up I'll try to upload these and let everyone know what they are, so that I'm contributing too!
Does anyone have access to this clown clip??
I will pay $$ for your trouble!!

Thanks!!