Classic SS Character Questions

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
The guy who sang "Wide Open Spaces" is the Woodsman, who also appeared in a News Flash sketch in 1972 where Kermit reports on the wolf chasing Little Red Riding Hood.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
More questions... From 1707, Camp Echo Rock Day 2, I think.

Who were the characters that sang this song about Frazzle? Were they the "Frazzletones"?
If so, would appreciate a descript.
There was this segment with three African-American men. The first two talk about playing a game, standing around or bouncing a ball. One of these two is a bit contrarian, and says he wants to play "grown-up". A third guy comes in and asked if they want to play jump rope.
Not sure who these guys were.

The Body Song. I know this involved Little Jerry and the Monotones, but... There are at least six parts to the song.
Little Jerry who's singing, one guy snoring, another one coughing, another hiccuping, another sneezing, and one last guy whose heartbeat is pounding loudly. Were the other Monotones in this song or were they other AM's?
If these were other AM's, how should they be added?

As for the campers from Camp Echo Rock...
Should they be listed individually by their names?
Or should they be listed as a group, as "Camp Echo Rock: "Insert Camper's Name""?
Hope to hear from you guys soon.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh yeah... Before I forget, wanted to ask about the sketch where Sinister Sam wants to know Y.
There are two characters at the beginning, they call each other Chester and Snooks. Was Chester the bartender? Was Snooks the cowboy who exited the saloon at that point, or did he come back in quickly?
Also, who were the other cowboys in the saloon, and how could they best be added to the list?
Hope to get some answers soon.

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
The Count said:
More questions... From 1707, Camp Echo Rock Day 2, I think.

Who were the characters that sang this song about Frazzle? Were they the "Frazzletones"?
If so, would appreciate a descript.
There was this segment with three African-American men. The first two talk about playing a game, standing around or bouncing a ball. One of these two is a bit contrarian, and says he wants to play "grown-up". A third guy comes in and asked if they want to play jump rope.
Not sure who these guys were.

The Body Song. I know this involved Little Jerry and the Monotones, but... There are at least six parts to the song.
Little Jerry who's singing, one guy snoring, another one coughing, another hiccuping, another sneezing, and one last guy whose heartbeat is pounding loudly. Were the other Monotones in this song or were they other AM's?
If these were other AM's, how should they be added?

As for the campers from Camp Echo Rock...
Should they be listed individually by their names?
Or should they be listed as a group, as "Camp Echo Rock: "Insert Camper's Name""?
Hope to hear from you guys soon.

They were the Frazzletones. The monsters in this group were a blue Harvey-esque monster with Little Chrissy hair and sunglasses, a purple AM monster with yellow horns, and Maurice Monster.

As for the characters in "Body Full of Rhythm", they were a tall orange AM with closed eyelids who was snoring, Rockin' Richard with a beating heart, Big Jeffy with hiccoughs, Chrissy who was sneezing, and an unnamed purple AM who was coughing.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
The Count said:
Well... Here are another few questions...

In the Hawaii Vacation episodes, there's a man who shows up three times. The first time, he says "Sad" thrice; the second time, he says "Happy" thrice; and the last time, just before the end of the episode he shows up and says "Silly" three times. Who is this person?

From the episode with Olivia's Grandmother... There's this sketch with a little AM boy talking about things you can do with your mind. And then we hear a knocking t the front door of his home, growing louder with each instance of the boy continuing to talk instead of answering the door. In the end, it turns out to be Herry at the door wanting to know if the boy can come and play with him. Who was this AM boy?

As for everything else above, guess I'll go ahead and add it. If you guys have any objections to the entries being added post here. If not, then I figure you'll see it all in version 16 of the Muppet Listings and post your thoughts regarding certain entries' inclusion or exclusion then.
Hope to hear from you guys soon and have a good weekend.
I think you mean David's Grandmother.

Dantecat

Reaction score
No mike.There was definitely an episode where Olivia's Grandmother come to visit and sets up a vegetable stand and it was done in 1982. :wink:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
To help you out Mike... Harriet, David's Grandmother, is already listed. This episode can be found on SesameStreetGuy's episode guide list and thread by the same name in the group of episodes from Season 13, from 1982. It starts with 16, not sure about the last two digits of the episode. I think it was sponsored by the letters K and V and the number 4, though that's what the cassette's label says.
This was Olivia's grandmother who came to Sesame Street in Oscar's Sloppy Jalopy to set up a vegetable stand. She was so concerned about bringing enough produce in all her suitcases, she had to convince Oscar to take her back out to the country to get some clothes and a toothbrush.
If anyone knows the name of the actress who portrayed her, I'd be very interested since we could add her to the list.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... Still have four more episodes to finish Tape #2, but here are some questions from...
Episode 1709, Camp Echo Rock Day 4.
There was a segment much like the ones with the Two-Headed Monster putting together word sounds to make a word. However, this segment had a small AM kid putting together the individual sounds of the word "Hug". At the end, Herry appeared and hugged the kid.
Who was this AM kid? And how would it be best to add him to the list?
Who were the singers in the background at the construction site for the song "This is My J"?
There was a sketch with the Camp Wanna Go Home campers learning about the parts of a tree, and another sketch with the Rhymies camping out. In both sketches, a big Muppet bear showed up at the end scaring them off in both instances.
First, are these two different bears? If so, should they be added as individual entries?
Second, were these the same bear? If so, how would it be best to add him to the list?
Rully hoping someone can come in here and answer these questions. Feel like they're piling up and that the pile keeps growing.
Oh well, will wait for someone knowledgeable answers 'em.
Hope to hear from you guys soon and have a good night.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Dantecat said:
No mike.There was definitely an episode where Olivia's Grandmother come to visit and sets up a vegetable stand and it was done in 1982. :wink:
oh sorry about that.

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
The Count said:
Well... Still have four more episodes to finish Tape #2, but here are some questions from...
Episode 1709, Camp Echo Rock Day 4.
There was a segment much like the ones with the Two-Headed Monster putting together word sounds to make a word. However, this segment had a small AM kid putting together the individual sounds of the word "Hug". At the end, Herry appeared and hugged the kid.
Who was this AM kid? And how would it be best to add him to the list?
Who were the singers in the background at the construction site for the song "This is My J"?
There was a sketch with the Camp Wanna Go Home campers learning about the parts of a tree, and another sketch with the Rhymies camping out. In both sketches, a big Muppet bear showed up at the end scaring them off in both instances.
First, are these two different bears? If so, should they be added as individual entries?
Second, were these the same bear? If so, how would it be best to add him to the list?
Rully hoping someone can come in here and answer these questions. Feel like they're piling up and that the pile keeps growing.
Oh well, will wait for someone knowledgeable answers 'em.
Hope to hear from you guys soon and have a good night.
There was an orange AM girl in the sketch where Herrry talked about the word HUG. In the song, "This is My J", the singers in the background were AM construction workers. As for the sketches "Rhymies Go Camping" and "Camp Wannagohome: Tree", they used the same bear puppet in both of these sketches.