Classic SS Character Questions

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
And here's the last from my two tapes. From Episode 2173.
Did Emilio Delgado play the character of Captain Swashbuckle?
Who was Jane Snuffleupagus?

In the game show The Addition Game...
Who was Mrs. Frances Oznowitz? Is that how her name would be correctly spelled?
Who were the AM's driving the cars Herry brought into the studio, crashing through the game show wall?
Hope to hear from you guys soon.

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
The Count said:
And here's the last from my two tapes. From Episode 2173.

In the game show The Addition Game...
Who was Mrs. Frances Oznowitz? Is that how her name would be correctly spelled?
Who were the AM's driving the cars Herry brought into the studio, crashing through the game show wall?
Mrs. Frances Oznowitz (reference to her performer Frank Oz) was a purple AM woman. As for these AM drivers, they include an orange one (also played by Frank) and a purple one (played by Richard Hunt).

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, doing a bit of recapping. Here are questions that have yet to be answered, and whether the characters in question should or shouldn't be added.

Harvey Kneeslapper's Victim, from I Wanna B.
Harvey Kneeslapper's Victim/Prankster, from Give Me 5.
The Lost and Found Clerk: Sounded like another one of Jim's characters. This was an AM who helped a little boy try to find his lost rectangular red toy box with a white stripe and a lid, smaller than two other toy boxes pulled out at first. Please provide a descript, if he should be added, and if so under what name.
The Lost and Found Clerk's Customer: This was the little boy involved in the same sketch above.
Who was this AM boy? Was this Farley again?
If it wasn't Farley, then I'd appreciate a descript or the name to add him to the list.
The Rocket Cheerleaders: These were a group of AM cheerleaders. The sketch involved their leader chanting "Give me a Rock! Give me an Et!" followed by "What does that spell?" answered by the others as "Rock-Et!" And then we hear a rocket firing up its engines while blasting off. Should this group be added?
From the song "One Way": This was clearly a spoof of the song "Leader of the Pack" recorded by the Shangri-Las with a young Billy Joel on the piano. During the SS song, there are a few characters I have questions about. First of, who sang the song? The main singer sounded like Christopher Cerf, but I'm unsure if it was Chris and the Alphabeats or some other group of characters. If it wasn't Chris and the Alphabeats, then who were they and how should they be added to the list? Secondly, at the halfway or spoken portion of the song a character that could be called "The Guardian Angel" appeared. Who was this and should it be added also? Finally, were there any other characters in the sketch for this song?
From the episode where Olivia's Grandmother comes to set up a fruit stand:
There's a sketch with a little AM boy explaining about different things you can do with your mind. Herry then shows up at the end of the sketch, asking if the boy can come out and play with him and his dolls. Who was this AM boy? Should he be added, and if so under what name?

Hoping to get some replies to these and other unanswered questions to date. Might post another recap later.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, that's one less character/question to worry about. If you could, would appreciate help answering the other questions in my previous post above.

BTW: Did you see the movie last night TSF?

mikebennidict

Reaction score
The Count said:
OK, doing a bit of recapping. Here are questions that have yet to be answered, and whether the characters in question should or shouldn't be added.

Harvey Kneeslapper's Victim, from I Wanna B.
Harvey Kneeslapper's Victim/Prankster, from Give Me 5.
The Lost and Found Clerk: Sounded like another one of Jim's characters. This was an AM who helped a little boy try to find his lost rectangular red toy box with a white stripe and a lid, smaller than two other toy boxes pulled out at first. Please provide a descript, if he should be added, and if so under what name.
The Lost and Found Clerk's Customer: This was the little boy involved in the same sketch above.
Who was this AM boy? Was this Farley again?
If it wasn't Farley, then I'd appreciate a descript or the name to add him to the list.
The Rocket Cheerleaders: These were a group of AM cheerleaders. The sketch involved their leader chanting "Give me a Rock! Give me an Et!" followed by "What does that spell?" answered by the others as "Rock-Et!" And then we hear a rocket firing up its engines while blasting off. Should this group be added?
From the song "One Way": This was clearly a spoof of the song "Leader of the Pack" recorded by the Shangri-Las with a young Billy Joel on the piano. During the SS song, there are a few characters I have questions about. First of, who sang the song? The main singer sounded like Christopher Cerf, but I'm unsure if it was Chris and the Alphabeats or some other group of characters. If it wasn't Chris and the Alphabeats, then who were they and how should they be added to the list? Secondly, at the halfway or spoken portion of the song a character that could be called "The Guardian Angel" appeared. Who was this and should it be added also? Finally, were there any other characters in the sketch for this song?
From the episode where Olivia's Grandmother comes to set up a fruit stand:
There's a sketch with a little AM boy explaining about different things you can do with your mind. Herry then shows up at the end of the sketch, asking if the boy can come out and play with him and his dolls. Who was this AM boy? Should he be added, and if so under what name?

Hoping to get some replies to these and other unanswered questions to date. Might post another recap later.
the boy in the lost and found skit was indeed Farley.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Here I am. :smile:

First, why not put a "The AM Kids" listing? That way it covers any random Muppet kids that are put in a scene (like the ABC hide-and-seek kids).

HARVEY KNEESLAPPER'S VICTIMS--there are a few. One (voiced by Jim) was fat blue w/ a blue sweater, black balding hair and moustache, and red nose. He's seen in a few of the earliest ones. ("I on your hat", "Wanna B", etc.)

Another was Fat Blue, but he's already listed.

The third is a lavendar AM in a gray jacket, frizzy black hair, and green nose. ("Would you like 1?") Played by Richard Hunt.

THE ELEVATOR BARBERSHOP QUARTET--four AMs dressed in the old-style of barbershop quartet singers (w/ straw hats, handlebar moustaches and all).

Frank and Gary: These were two AM's who appeared on opposite ends of the street, as if they hadn't seen each other in a long time. They walk to each other to measure how far they originally were, to know if it's too far to walk to where Gary was originally standing.
Should these be added? And if so, should they be two separate entries?

I'd guess they'd be separate since Jerry (that's his name) is also seen in "It's Funny".
Here's the descripts:

FRANK--Fat Blue in a gray jacket and red-checkered shirt.

JERRY--green AM w/ white hair and mosutache, green nose, glasses, and gray jacket.

The Word Song Singers: There's the song about the Word Family, four words ending in "E-T" and at least two AM's singing the song I think.

THE ELDERLY MEN (from "The Word Family Song--OP")--two AMs; one was fat blue w/ white balding hair, big bushy beard and moustache, glasses, a maroon nose, and glasses. The other one was lavendar with white hair and moustache, orange nose, and brown-checkered shirt w/ yellow necktie.

There were three human characters in this episode that took place at the airport. There was the "Metal Detector Officer" (Calling her that cause that's what Oscar called her, "Officer"); the Stewardess who got a bit frazzled as the grown-ups were rounding up BB and Oscar before getting on the plane; and the pilot, not sure if his name is Captain "Cooty", "Cootey", "Cootie".

None of the actors' names were given in the Hawaii episodes, but the Capt.'s name is "Cooney".

Will have to watch it again to get all the names of the Hawaiian friends Buffy introduced.

The ones I can remember are NONA (the motherly-type of the group), KAOLA (her son), BUGI, KAPONO, and SAMPSON (who may be Nona's husband, I don't know).

THE ROCKET CHEERLEADERS--four AMs wearing red sweaters with a rocket's picture on the front. They were two lavendar AM girls, an orange boy, and a blue boy.

There was a song performed by a Christopher Cerf voiced character called "one Way", a spoof of "Leader of the Pack" recorded by the Shangri-Las with a young Billy Joel at the piano. My question is...
Who were the characters sing the song "One Way"? Should they be added?
Who was "The Guardian Angel" that showed up in the song? Should it be added?

It was originally for Chris and the Alphabeats (the Alphabeats do provide back-up for the number), but the lead singer was a Fonzie-esque green AM atop a motorcycle. I'm not sure what his name should be.
And the "Guiding Angel" was a green AM with a white gown, wings, black hair, sleepy eyes, and a pink nose.

There's a segment with Grover and a girl scratching each other's back. Was that girl named Penny? Was it even a girl? If so, was her name Penny? If so, what was her full name?
Her name was Heather. No other references are made to her, but the segment took place on the Street.

In the Hawaii Vacation episodes, there's a man who shows up three times. The first time, he says "Sad" thrice; the second time, he says "Happy" thrice; and the last time, just before the end of the episode he shows up and says "Silly" three times. Who is this person?
That's our good ol' friend Bill Cosby.

From the episode with Olivia's Grandmother... There's this sketch with a little AM boy talking about things you can do with your mind. And then we hear a knocking t the front door of his home, growing louder with each instance of the boy continuing to talk instead of answering the door. In the end, it turns out to be Herry at the door wanting to know if the boy can come and play with him. Who was this AM boy?
I don't think I've seen this, but where did you hear about it?

Who were the characters that sang this song about Frazzle? Were they the "Frazzletones"?
If so, would appreciate a descript.

Yes, that's them. They are Maurice Monster, a lavendar AM dressed in fur, w/ yellow horns, black eyebrows, and a red nose. The third is a fat blue AM monster with square teeth (one on each jaw), w/ a pink nose. He's also got frizzy yellow hair and yellow-rimmed sunglasses. (These monsters also appear in "Fur", but with different voices, and the fat blue monster doesn't have shades or frizzy hair.)

The Body Song. I know this involved Little Jerry and the Monotones, but... There are at least six parts to the song.
Little Jerry who's singing, one guy snoring, another one coughing, another hiccuping, another sneezing, and one last guy whose heartbeat is pounding loudly. Were the other Monotones in this song or were they other AM's?
If these were other AM's, how should they be added?

THE SNORING MAN was an orange AM man. You could include him if you specify he's from the "Body Full of Rhythm" song.

Aside from the other three Monotones a fourth was added for this song only; he was purple with a red nose, frizzy black hair, a white shirt, a fuzzy brown vest, and a few beaded necklaces.

Should they be listed individually by their names?
Or should they be listed as a group, as "Camp Echo Rock: "Insert Camper's Name""?

The latter sounds better.

There was this segment with three African-American men. The first two talk about playing a game, standing around or bouncing a ball. One of these two is a bit contrarian, and says he wants to play "grown-up". A third guy comes in and asked if they want to play jump rope.
Not sure who these guys were.

They were all Richard Pryor. He was playing allthree roles by walking onto different parts of an empty set.

There are two characters at the beginning, they call each other Chester and Snooks. Was Chester the bartender? Was Snooks the cowboy who exited the saloon at that point, or did he come back in quickly?
Also, who were the other cowboys in the saloon, and how could they best be added to the list?

Chester was the Barkeep; Fat Blue in a red checkered shirt and apron.

Snooks was an orange cowboy with black hair and mosutache, sleepy eyes, and big orange nose. He almost left until he spotted Sam.

The other cowboys were a green one with a moustache and blue oval nose, and an elderly green man with a white beard. The one played by Oz was lavendar with blond hair and moustache, and orange nose. I'm not sure how they should be labeled.

Remember the sketch with the little boy who breaks off the point of his pencil, and then the Two-Headed Monster comes along pretending other things the broken pencil could be used for?
Should that little boy be added as "Aunt Polly's Nephew"?

On Plaza Sesamo, he's called Mario in another sketch, but since I don't have the English version of that "other" sketch (I do have the "pencil" one), I guess that your name will suffice for now.

Just who were the AM's waving goodbye on the docks in the Christopher Columbus News Flash sketch?
They were just a bunch of AM colonists.

He was a lavendar live-hand AM with balding brown hair and moustache, white shirt, necktie (not sure what color), and had a round pink nose.

Yes, he did.

Snuffy, BB, and the kids watched her on Snuffy's portable TV. She (who looks like Snuffy, but with a blue and pink headband; she might've had pink leg warmers as well) hosted a TV workout show.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Vonderful!!! (There should rully be an icon of my onscreen namesake for that.)
See, that's how we help each other out. Thanks MuppetDude.
Almost everything from these first two tapes, 16 episodes sorted out now. Questions left to follow.
1 Reason I don't want to have an entry for "AM Kids" is cause that'd be a blanket categorical entry. Kind of the same reason why I'm separating/defining all the background AM's so not to have a blanket entry for "The Anything Muppets".
2 The Word Family Song sketch I have on tape is the "ET" version. You posted descripts for the "Elderly Men" who sang the "OP" version. Are the singers of both versions the same characters?
3 From the song "One Way", would it be best to add him as "The Fonz Muppet"?
4 Got the episode with Olivia's Grandmother from my dealings with THE most, if not one of the most reputable SS episode traders here on the boards. Unfortunately, it got garbled and the only bits I could make out were the intro segment where Olivia's Grandmother arrives in Oscar's Sloppy Jalopy, the sketch with the kid in question, and then when Oscar and Olivia's Grandmother return to SS.
This is an episode from Season 12/13 whose four-digit episode number starts with 16.
Accordingly, if you have it, what's the name of the actress who portrayed Olivia's Grandmother?
And of course, any help with the AM kid would be appreciated too.
5 This fourth Monotone from the song "Body Full of Rhythm"... How would it be best to add him?
As "The Coughing Monotone"?
As "The Fourth Monotone"?
6 Camp Echo Rock: Campers' individual name, that's how I added 'em.
7 As for the cowboys from I Wanna Know Y...
Added Chester and Snooks individually, "The Old Timer" cause that's what Sam calls him, and Oz's character as "The Crayon Box Cowboy". That leaves the green cowboy, and under what name he should be added to the list as.
8 So, should they be added as "The Colonists"?
9 Got most of the Hawaiian friends sorted out... LMK if you want me to send you a list of that subgrouping.
However, there are two characters I thought heard named as Anana and another kid at the end as Onona.
Are these correct?
Hope to hear from you soon, and have a great weekend!

MuppetDude

Reaction score
1 Reason I don't want to have an entry for "AM Kids" is cause that'd be a blanket categorical entry. Kind of the same reason why I'm separating/defining all the background AM's so not to have a blanket entry for "The Anything Muppets".
I was thinking that the ones that we couldn't find names for (and for ones that don't have names) would go there.

2 The Word Family Song sketch I have on tape is the "ET" version. You posted descripts for the "Elderly Men" who sang the "OP" version. Are the singers of both versions the same characters?
I meant "ET". There was another version (with two AM kids) for "OP".

3 From the song "One Way", would it be best to add him as "The Fonz Muppet"?
I don't know. It could work if you mention "One Way" in the entry.

Accordingly, if you have it, what's the name of the actress who portrayed Olivia's Grandmother?
I don't have it.

This fourth Monotone from the song "Body Full of Rhythm"... How would it be best to add him?
As "The Coughing Monotone"?
As "The Fourth Monotone"?

I was thinking of:
Little Jerry and the Monotones: Remaining Member

8 So, should they be added as "The Colonists"?
Yes, if you mention the News Flash they were in.

However, there are two characters I thought heard named as Anana and another kid at the end as Onona.
Where did you hear them? They both might be Nona.

4 Got the episode with Olivia's Grandmother from my dealings with THE most, if not one of the most reputable SS episode traders here on the boards. Unfortunately, it got garbled and the only bits I could make out were the intro segment where Olivia's Grandmother arrives in Oscar's Sloppy Jalopy, the sketch with the kid in question, and then when Oscar and Olivia's Grandmother return to SS.
This is an episode from Season 12/13 whose four-digit episode number starts with 16.

Would you mind telling me who this trader is? (Or you could PM me so you could keep his identity secret, for some reason.)

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK... Just a last few...

You know the SS News Flash where Kermit's covering the race between the Tortoise and the Hare right? Well, at one point the Hare says the other animals call him "Jumpin' Jack Rabbit".
My question is this... Should the Tortoise and the Hare be divided into separate entries? And should the then individual entry for the Hare be changed to "Jumpin' Jack Rabbit"? And should the individual entry for the Tortoise be changed to either "Mr. Tortoise" or "Mr. Turtle" as Kermit calls him?

Also... The song "One Way" was meant for Chris and the Alphabeats, but only the latter appear. So... Should the Alphabeats be separated into an individual group entry?