Classic SS Character Questions

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The Count said:
Who were the singers in the background at the construction site for the song "This is My J"?
it's been a long time since i last saw this sketch, and I only remember seeing it once, but I think that Sully was one of the construction workers. i can't remember the exact look for the construction workers, but i seem to remember them wearing some kind of suits (I think gold suits), and Biff was dressed like they were.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, a few more. These showed up in 1709 and 1710, but they could've aired in other episodes as well.

There's the sketch of Ernie and Bert fishing, and Ernie calling the fish into the boat. Bert tries it, and one large fish jumps into the boat.
Fish: You called? And then it laughs like Ernie.
Should this fish be added to the list? If so, would appreciate a descript.

There's another Bert and Ernie sketch where Ernie wants to play the Pretending Game with Bert. Ernie pretends to be a dog first, and then a duck, and then it's Bert's turn. He pretends to be a train, and a conductor comes out of nowhere commendeering Bert as if he were a real train.
Should this conductor be added? Were there any other AM's that showed up just then to be Bert's passengers? Should they be added also?
Hoping for descripts and answers from you guys, hope to hear from you soon.

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
The Count said:
OK, a few more. These showed up in 1709 and 1710, but they could've aired in other episodes as well.

There's the sketch of Ernie and Bert fishing, and Ernie calling the fish into the boat. Bert tries it, and one large fish jumps into the boat.
Fish: You called? And then it laughs like Ernie.
Should this fish be added to the list? If so, would appreciate a descript.

There's another Bert and Ernie sketch where Ernie wants to play the Pretending Game with Bert. Ernie pretends to be a dog first, and then a duck, and then it's Bert's turn. He pretends to be a train, and a conductor comes out of nowhere commendeering Bert as if he were a real train.
Should this conductor be added? Were there any other AM's that showed up just then to be Bert's passengers? Should they be added also?
Hoping for descripts and answers from you guys, hope to hear from you soon.
The fish is actually a shark. As for these characters in the "Pretending Game" sketch, they were a train engineer and two AM passengers.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Few more... From episode 2096, where the grown-ups meet Snuffy for the first time...
There's a girl named Maya in the infamous arrow sketch with Grover... "What happened arrow?"
If anyone knows, would appreciate if they could post with the girl's real name.
When Elmo and Big Bird are going over the plan to get the grown-ups to come to BB's nest area, they practice the plan first. Elmo's holding to someone named Zoe. Is this a human girl? If so, what was her real name? Or is this Zoe, the orange girl monster we've all come to know from the Pied Piper of 57th Street episode on to the present day?
Hope to hear from you guys soon.

ssetta

Reaction score
It was a human girl named Zoe, and remember, this was long before Zoe the orange monster. And that wasn't her debut episode, she debuted in 3136, the Season 25 premiere when they opened the new playground.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks ssetta. That's why I post these threads and ask these questions. All I know is hearing the name Zoe... And given my blind batty eyes, I have no way of telling if it's a little girl or a little monster we know unless the character in question speaks. Since she didn't, I came here and asked.
Thanks. Few more though.
Remember the sketch with the little boy who breaks off the point of his pencil, and then the Two-Headed Monster comes along pretending other things the broken pencil could be used for?
Should that little boy be added as "Aunt Polly's Nephew"?
Asking cause we hear him read the letter he's started off with "Dear Aunt Polly..."

In the Christopher Columbus News Flash, who were the people waving goodbye on the docks seen after each ship set sail?

Remember the sketch where Cookie Monster goes on a picnic, and a "little bug" shows up pestering him only to be appeased by a silly letterZ?
Should this guy be added as "The Little Bug"? Or should it be added as another bee?
Hope to hear from you guys soon and have a good night.

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
The Count said:
Thanks ssetta. That's why I post these threads and ask these questions. All I know is hearing the name Zoe... And given my blind batty eyes, I have no way of telling if it's a little girl or a little monster we know unless the character in question speaks. Since she didn't, I came here and asked.
Thanks. Few more though.
Remember the sketch with the little boy who breaks off the point of his pencil, and then the Two-Headed Monster comes along pretending other things the broken pencil could be used for?
Should that little boy be added as "Aunt Polly's Nephew"?
Asking cause we hear him read the letter he's started off with "Dear Aunt Polly..."

In the Christopher Columbus News Flash, who were the people waving goodbye on the docks seen after each ship set sail?

Remember the sketch where Cookie Monster goes on a picnic, and a "little bug" shows up pestering him only to be appeased by a silly letterZ?
Should this guy be added as "The Little Bug"? Or should it be added as another bee?
Hope to hear from you guys soon and have a good night.
The people who wave good-by on the docks after each ship set sail were several AM's. As for the Cookie Monster's Z sketch, he'll be added as "The Z Bug".

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Uh... Don't you mean "should be added" instead of "he'll "be" added"?
And... Just who were the AM's waving goodbye on the docks in the Christopher Columbus News Flash sketch?
Hoping to get some replies, thanks for all your help guys.