Coke & Pepsi: Is it just me?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I remember all those commercials, Winslow! Lol

Not that they tasted any different, but I liked it when they had red and blue Coke. Lol

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
I remember all those commercials, Winslow! Lol

Not that they tasted any different, but I liked it when they had red and blue Coke. Lol
Red Coke, Blue Coke, New Coke...remember all the fuss when "New Coke" came out?

My friends and I used to swig Jolt Cola once in a while, just to prove how "cool" or "manly" we were, I guess...haven't had it in years, but the thought of it makes me blech!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I remember the blue Pepsi that was out a few years ago, No bad, actually.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I saw a commerical for Jolt on I Luv the '80s

"Jolt has all the sugar and twice the caffeine!"

Heh, all the cavities and twice the heart attack you mean!

Wow, what an innocent time. Lol

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
I saw a commerical for Jolt on I Luv the '80s

"Jolt has all the sugar and twice the caffeine!"

Heh, all the cavities and twice the heart attack you mean!

Wow, what an innocent time. Lol
Yeah, we thought Jolt was awesome, because it had TWICE the caffeine of Coke! I was maybe 10 or 11 when I first tried it (it debuted in '85). To make it extra appealing to us knuckleheads on the playground, most of our parents wouldn't let us drink it, and our school actually prohibited anyone bringing it for lunch. Of course, the older guys would drink it on the school bus, or at the park, so we saw it as a status symbol.

Innocent time indeed!:wink:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I just want to take the opportunity to say I hate Diet Coke/Pepsi. The taste is downright awful to me. If you want to stay healthy, drink water! Lol

Skye

Reaction score
I can definitely taste the difference between Coke and Pepsi! It's funny to me because I actually think Pepsi tastes sweeter than Coke. But I am definitely a Coke girl! :big_grin:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I think Coke is just always associated with that wholesome American image. And Pepsi's popular too, but as less of that nice image. Almost like the misfit younger brother trying to prove itself. Lol

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Yes, all of these soft drinks are refreshing one way or another. But as I posted earlier, Mountain Dew allows you to do crazy, off-the-wall stuff! Let's see your Cokes or your Pepsis do that!

Aaaaah! Just took a sip of Mountain Dew.

Now excuse me while I ride a moped down a craggy, rocky, very steep hill blindfolded, with my hands tied behind my back.