1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Commercials you love or hate

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sarah_yzma, Nov 15, 2003.

1. Cat In The Hat: So, kiddos! What do ya wanna do fa fun?
    Kids: DECORATE!!!!!!!
  2. HeraLirambar

HeraLirambar New Member

I <3 the commercial with the kids humming "Silent Night" and they go off key 'cause they're too distracted by their videogames. :)

Or did someone mention this already? Or did I mention it already? I do that a lot.
  3. Don'tLiveonMoon

Don'tLiveonMoon New Member

I hate the Burger King one with the drive-thru girl suddenly being all freaked out by the Cat in the Hat: (in really whiny, annoying voice) "Please pull up, sir!"
    Erin
  4. SgtPepper

SgtPepper New Member

Speaking of Burger King... The best commercial ever for Burger King was the one with BB King. Hands down.
  5. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

There was some commercial that bothered me over the weekend, and I was all set to whine about it here... unfortunately I forgot it! :o

But you are indeed right... all those Cat in the Hat tie in commercials are really starting to bother me..

Though I like the Wendy's Looney Tunes BIA cross promo commercial... especialkly the sneaky joke about Daffy having the Chicken....
  6. Fozzie54

Fozzie54 New Member

I saw a hilarious commercial this weekend... two baboons in a zoo- one on top of a ledge and the other sitting on one end of a seesaw. The one on the ledge jumps down onto the other end of the seesaw, sending the other baboon soaring through the air, over the zoo wall into the Polar bear pond. He comes up, opens his mouth and lets out an opera-like "Ahhhhhhhhhhh!" And the voice over says, "Yeah. It's kind of like that. Sierra Mist."

Fun-neeeee!
  7. Drtooth

Oh... the 2001-esqu commercial... I've seen that! Pretty funny...

I remembered this really dumb and sort of funny local commercial for a restaruant...

It was so cheaply done, it cracked me up...

It was this crummy mock cooking show with someone saying they're making this restauraunts famous salad... she then says, "and now the secret to (Such and sucha) famous salad..."

Then some old small Italina or Greek guy in a suit comes up and says "Oh no you don' " (notice I left the "T" off of don't) and pulls a plug, and the commercial is over... stupid as sin, but funny!!!!
  8. Don'tLiveonMoon

Yeah, that commercial's hilarious!!! :crazy:
    Erin
  9. Drtooth

I hate hate hate fitness club and Gym commercials... I guess the guys who make that say something like

"Okay, we want to make a commercial that plays off people's fears of being fat, while those who already are will be grossly offensive." I'll admit I'm in bad shape... I mean, I'm not easily offended. I laughed at the fat guy from Austin Powers (I wanted to get the action figure, butcouldn't find it) but THESE are the most offensie things I evwer see!

I'm not much of an AFLAC commercial fan, but I absolutety adore the new Looney Tunes one... especially Bugs's line at the end "Ta think, I knew the name all along!"
  10. Drtooth

>>Since TV is so crappy nowadays, usually the commercials are the best part. So here's a thread where we can all list the most crazy/crappy/silly/funny commercials we've seen on TV recently. I'll start.

This commercial is for a kind of paper plate that is shaped like different animals. They're called Zoo Pals. Geared towards little kids. I mean, VERY little kids. Anyone over 4 years old would be nauseated by this commercial. It starts off with the animal plates bouncing on the words to the jingle.

"Woof, woof. Zoo Pals!"
    "Oink, Oink. Zoo Pals!"

Then these kids are eating off the Zoo Pals plates. The jingle continues:

"And when you clean your plate,"
    "You get a smiling face!"

The kid then cleans her plate, and sticks the plate on her face like a mask. I imagine if a real kid did that, she'd spill food crumbs all over herself.

"Hoot, hoot. Zoo Pals!"
    Ribbit, ribbit. Zoo Pals!"
    "Zoo Pals make eating fun!"

Man what an annoying commercial!

--Klonoa<<

God I hate that one too... Woof Woof... SHUDDUP!!! that's what I always yell at the TV when it's on... good thing it's not on too much where I live!
  11. Klonoa

Klonoa New Member

Hey, you saved me the trouble of moving my post! Cool!

OK here's another one. This lady's kitchen looks like a tornado ran through it so she reaches for the roll of Brawny paper towels and says, "OK, Brawny, do your stuff." Then a surge of electricity moves up the paper towels and up her arm and turns it into a huge muscle arm. Then she cleans the kitchen uncontrolably and looks at her new arm and says, "I'll never get used to this."

Weeeeiiirrrrrd.

--Klonoa
  12. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

has anyone seen the one with the two Brawny rolls sitting watching a soap opera! HILARIOUS!
  13. PukkaPukka

PukkaPukka Member

Probably the two worst commercials I have ever seen:

Number 2: Two words - NISSAN MICRA (LOL...."what the bork is "spafe" all about? And all that mixed lingo. Don't worry everyone, Luke or BlueFrackle should know what I'm talking about.)

Top worst commercial: Can you say Quizno's? I knew you could? Eesh! (I speak of that new commercial with the...<ahem>...shall we say "artistic" quality to it. 0/10 hands down. What marketing company did THEY go with? Certainly not metro marketers...settling for less somehow I think...)

>Adam
  14. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

you mean the weird hamster/mice things? they scare me....but kids at my school find it rather fun to try to imitate them......those bugging out eyes just freak me out......

and I used to love the Quizno's commercials! I LOVED the "We're like the guy who invented pants" one!!! it was GREAT!
  15. Don'tLiveonMoon

Down with Sponge Monkeys!!! Man, I first saw that commercial around 12:30 at night, and it totally freaked me out. Those things are reaaaaallly creepy. :eek: I agree, their commercials used to be kinda fun, but I do not like the turn they're taking!! I'm not all that crazy about this whole McDonald's "I'm lovin' it" thing either, and I think that Wendy's commercials have gone way downhill since Dave Thomas has been gone.

I like that FedEx commercial with the guys over-dramatically talking about how they have to get this package shipped or they're doomed. I just think the way they talk and their facial expressions are really funny. And I like that new Coke commercial with the girl singing and handing out Cokes to everybody. :halo:
    Erin
  16. Klonoa

Klonoa New Member

OK here's another one. A woman's cat is hesitant to use the new cat litter she bought for her pet, but luckily a cartoon superhero cat flies in to teach the woman the error of her ways and shows her the correct brand of litter to use. The cartoon cat hero then flies off and the woman yells out, "Thank you, Supercat!"

Who comes up with this stuff?

--Klonoa
    Watching my Gunbare Goemon DVDs!
  17. dmx10101

dmx10101 Member

Hey what about that new Pizza Hut commercial with those muppet characters in it. It's a pretty good commercial.
  18. Beebers

Beebers New Member

Those Quizno's creatures are something the local alley cat threw up and then they stuck flat plastic eyeballs from JoAnn's Fabrics on them. I don't want to think how much that ad company was paid for providing kittybarf with eyes.

I couldn't believe my eyes or ears the first time I saw that ad.

:cool:
  19. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

the first time I saw it was Saturday night, so I thought my brother had switched to SNL or MadTV....but it was even more scary when I learned that that was a REAL attempt at a commercial......

"They got a pepper bar"
  20. Don'tLiveonMoon

Has anybody seen the new Victoria's Secret ad with Bob Dylan? :eek: Man, is that creepy! He's standing there in the shadows looking all Satanic while the model du jour does her little unangelic dance... Ick. I hate Victoria's Secret commercials period, but this one really takes the cake.
    Erin