1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Commercials you love or hate

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sarah_yzma, Nov 15, 2003.

1. Don'tLiveonMoon

Don'tLiveonMoon New Member

I JUST SAW THE EAT 'N' PARK CHRISTMAS COMMERICAL!!!!!! :D The Christmas season has officially begun! :cool:
    Erin
  2. Oo, oo! I thought of another one!

The Lifesavers commercials where the different flavors float down a river among their respected fruits, while an African-soundin' male choir sings 'n hums in the background...and for Wintergreen 'n Peppomint, they float among a white winter wonderland...

"Liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiifesaverrrrrrrrs.........YUMMMMMMMMMM!!"

:D
  3. Don'tLiveonMoon

Yeah, that is one cool-sounding chorus! :D
    Erin
  4. Don'tLiveonMoon

I can't stand those Sheetz commercials with the Hispanic coffee bean eating the sandwich. I find them really annoying...
    Erin
  5. HeraLirambar

HeraLirambar New Member

Love- the one beer (don't know which) commercial where everyone falls down like dominoes. It's pretty interesting.
  6. Don'tLiveonMoon

Yeah, I saw that commercial, I think on Thanksgiving. It was awesome! Must've been really tough to film!
    Erin
  7. OMG I love that one tooooooooo!!!

:D
  8. HeraLirambar

HeraLirambar New Member

I love watching the commercial for that Simpsons game, if only to see Homer sing "I am evil Homer!" Lol
  9. HeraLirambar

HeraLirambar New Member

Napster! I <3 the Napster commercials. They're cute.
  10. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

If I can remember, I think lady blacksmith Mambazo (sp?) performed those. They have done a lot for Sesame Street.

Anyway,...

>>I love watching the commercial for that Simpsons game, if only to see Homer sing "I am evil Homer!" Lol<<

Know what was funny? I first saw that during a rerun of the Whacking Day episode where that was from!
  11. Phantom

Phantom New Member

Yes. Yes we do. Thanks for noticing. :p

I hate those Boost Mobile commercials with the old people skateboarding and partying and streetracing and junk. It's just annoying. "Yo, giving a shout out to my posse...I've fallen and can't get up." "Yo, dog, you done broke a hip, old school."

I've always liked the VW commercial where the guy tackles the shopping cart. (uh, I'm alright)...

Also, (maybe should belong in pet peeve thread) cash advance ads and injury lawyer ads. (I realize they have to earn a living, but geezsh, they come off so fake "We care about YOU, not our part of the settlement. Yeah, right.)

I saw one the other day for an outfit that would get you a lump sum if you were receiving an annuity from a legal settlement or lottery winnings. All, I can say is, if I looked like the people in the ads and XYZ company got me a lump sum, I get some cosmetic surgery before I thanked anyone.
  12. Don'tLiveonMoon

Cool! I didn't know that. :)
    Erin
  13. Don'tLiveonMoon

I think that one drug commercial is ridiculous: Mom (turns off video game): "When I say no weed, I mean NO WEED!!!" I dunno, something really corny about that. And I hate those Sheetz commercials with the coffee bean seducing the breakfast sandwich. Yuck. :attitude:
    Erin
  14. dmx10101

dmx10101 Member

"I think that one drug commercial is ridiculous: Mom (turns off video game): "When I say no weed, I mean NO WEED!!!" I dunno, something really corny about that."

That commercial is soooo annoying.
  15. Drtooth

There's some commercial for this Bionical game...

It has some lame father wearing a really stupid looking mask... the kid asks him what he is

The father says "I'm (such and such) the Bionic Man!"

The kid "It's Bionical!"

Then the father starts doing these stupid shooting lazer gun motions and crappy sound effects... I dunno why, but that commercial busts me the heck up everytime I see it!!! :excited:

Anyway, I really hate that car commercial where they keep showing a split screen of people and cars that somehow look alike. then it closes with "It must be love"

I CANNOT STAND THAT!!! It gets on my nerves every time.

I also hate the Vokeswagon commercial when the kid's foot is longer than the other... stupid!
  16. Don'tLiveonMoon

Aw, I think those commercials are cute! :p
    Erin
  17. LOL, I always say that along with the mom when it's on! :p
  18. Drtooth

Here's what I think of the commercial

Mom: When I say no weed I mean NO WEED!!!

Kid: What?!?! I've never had any

Mom: That's it, Mister, you're grounded!!!

Kid: But I never...

Mom: And I mean No Weed!!!

Of course it's better than that commercial from the 80's with the Ninja Turtles in it

"I'm not a Chicken, you're a Turkey!" :zany:
  19. Phantom

Phantom New Member

At my house, this kid would be abused. Weed indeed.
  20. Don'tLiveonMoon

LOL!!! *tries to imagine Byron's mom voice* Of course, Nathan always does the same thing... :p
    Erin