Commercials you love or hate

froggiegirl18

Reaction score
I loved the ones with the muppets..ending with them driving away in a taxi...I wish they would make more of those.Just can't get enough of the muppets!! :smile:

mupvisiongirl

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
Is it just me, or does the Empire carpet guy look like a quiet evil version of Stan Lee?

Why didn't I ever notice that before? And why is evil Stan Lee trying to sell carpet? :confused:

jediX

Reaction score
Maybe he's turning his company into Marvel Comics & Carpet.

Ps, did you block me on aim, mupvisiongirl?

FISH'N'WOLFE

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
LOL! I've never seen either of those commercials. :stick_out_tongue:
Erin
That's because they only aired in the UK and Canada... I saw a little bit of the Ikea one on the Today Show, they were doing some piece on TV commercials and mentioned that it didn't air in the States...

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
We've got a really awful series of commercials here in Erie for H. Jack Langer plumbing. It's always H. Jack Langer to the rescue, one way or another. One of the most recent ones is a takeoff on "Castaway," and the guy says, "You know what I miss most about civilization? Indoor plumbing!" Then Jack shows up with a giant toilet. :stick_out_tongue: These commercials are truly abhorrent...
Erin

mupvisiongirl

Reaction score
jediX said:
Maybe he's turning his company into Marvel Comics & Carpet.

Ps, did you block me on aim, mupvisiongirl?

No, I didn't- but AIM hasn't really been working for me lately. I thought it was weird that you hadn't been on lately- let me check and see if I can fix it. :stick_out_tongue:

camillachick

Reaction score
My favorite commercials are usually for milk and skittles. The really old commercial I love (seriously old for me anyway) is one where the line goes, "Milk it does a body good- Pass it on!" Who else remembers that?

Then more recently there were a bunch of commercials that kids had written like, "once a great milk cow" and "lost milk of Arabia"

Skittles commercials always make me smile becasue of the whisper at the end (-taste the rainbow!)

Beebers

Reaction score
Commercials

I love this subject, thanks for starting it!
REALLY SCARY - 1. The MTV Baby. 2. All computer-generated overweight dancing disco dogs of any kind in any pet food ad.
HATE - The Empire Carpet guy - I'm sure he has got to be some sort of felonious type. EW.
HATE - The demented dusting housewives and music of the Swiffer Ads. Sales of Swiffer are through the roof since these ads started. What does that MEAN?
LOVE - The entire series of Geico ads.
The Citi identity-theft series.
Sunny D teenagers-singing-in-back-of-car spot.
All PBS spots for their class and fine film-editing.
The Orbitz ads with marionettes.

Hey, all, check out a very different sort of site run by Saatchi and Saatchi Advertising, www.lovemarks.com, it's wonderful. It's totally free to participate - lovemarks can be not only consumer brands but any enduring and/or meaningful-to-you icon, landmark, etc. You nominate your own and a review board decides whether to post it or not. People from all over the world are in it, it's so much fun. I nominated the Statue of Liberty and got her in. If your nomination is taken you're eligible to win a new car, too. It's one of the coolest things I've ever seen. You can also vote on how you feel about other lovemarks. Guess what? Sesame Street is THE most popular lovemark of all. Scope it out. :sympathy: Rowlf is here not for sympathy but just because I love him.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
camillachick said:
My favorite commercials are usually for milk and skittles. The really old commercial I love (seriously old for me anyway) is one where the line goes, "Milk it does a body good- Pass it on!" Who else remembers that?

Then more recently there were a bunch of commercials that kids had written like, "once a great milk cow" and "lost milk of Arabia"

Skittles commercials always make me smile becasue of the whisper at the end (-taste the rainbow!)
Those Skittles commercials are really cool! They always have an enchanted feel to them. I like Milk commercials too. That Aaron Burr one that started that whole "Got Milk?" ad campaign was hilarious! And horrible! :eek: :stick_out_tongue:
Erin