Commercials you love or hate

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Speaking of multi-part, remember those Taster's Choice commercials? Those were fun. :smile: Oh, and I LOVED the Grey Poupon commercials. Those were the greatest! :big_grin:
Erin

NikZane

Reaction score
I dig the identity theft ones that are on atm... the girl with the guys voice, talking about 20 grand for his/her girl robot or something... cracks me up every time :wink:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
NikZane said:
I dig the identity theft ones that are on atm... the girl with the guys voice, talking about 20 grand for his/her girl robot or something... cracks me up every time :wink:
LOL! Yeah, those are great, and that one's really funny. My brother totally cracks up when he sees it. :stick_out_tongue:
Erin

Boober_Baby

Reaction score
Maaaan... you people watch entirely too much TV! XP

... so do I. :3

I don't usually watch commercials, I'm one of those types of people who changes the channel the moment they come on. The only time I'll watch them is if there is nothing else on on any other channel. I think at least 90% (if not, ALL) of commercials are annoying. There's only been a few that I liked, and right now I can only remember one.

It was that Ikea commercial with the little red lamp. I think it was on TV either a year or two ago, but I'm sure you've all seen it. This woman picks up this little red lamp (which is a very cute lamp indeed) and puts it on a curb outside in the rain. The music is totally melodramatic, and it actually does evoke emotion for this cute little red lamp. (I wanted to take it home!) Then suddenly the creepy Ikea guy steps out into a street light and says "Many of you feel sorry for this lamp. That is because you're crazy! It's just a lamp! It doesn't have any feelings! And besides, the new one is much better." XDDD Funny shiznit!

And then I hate about every other commercial on TV. But one that REALLY makes me angry is this one where this guy is walking down the street and then "This man is about to steal something" comes up on the screen. Then he passes by a lady "It's not a purse", a bike "It's not a bike", a car "It's not a car", until finally he comes home and turns on the television and it finally says "It's a satellite signal. Theft is theft, stealing satellite signals is no difference. Brought to you by the Coalition Against Stealing Satellite Signals"... JEBUS CHRIS! First of all, who started this coalition and how much free time do they have to worry about the poor satellite signals? And what's the big deal with illegal satellites? My family (and a lot of my friends familes) had one for about 2 years, because in Canada you can't have an American satellite and it's SO much better than the Canadian satellites! You're not hurting anyone. You're not even hurting the economy, so I say steal away comrades! I know my mission, I can see it clearly. I have to destroy the Coalition Against Stealing Satellite Signals.

^_^ Debuuuu

tiggie0686

Reaction score
The commercials I *love*:

--The "Love Train" commercial for The Gap's crazy stripes. It was always on last year around December. People all over the world, join hands, start a love train, a love train... Yeah, that one was good. And all the models would lip synch to the song.

--The Beyonce Pepsi commercial where she's singing about a guy who lost his Pepsi can all opera-like.

--The Joe Boxer commercial for Wal-Mart (I think) with that guy who dances around in his boxers. Just the way he dances is really cute and funny!

Commercials I hate (let's use the word "abhor"):

--The stupid, stupid 1-800-588-2300 Empire commercial. It's for Empire Carpets.

--There's another commercial that I think only plays in my area, and I have no idea WHAT it's for, but it's Sherlock Holme's Something-Or-Other. It's really low quality and bad acting.

Commercials that scare me:

--Anti-Drug commercials actually really get to me. They're not so much scary as they are sad. Like the one with this little girl who's about to take a dip in the pool, and the narrator says that the person who's supposed to be watching her was too busy getting high. That just really gets to me cause it's so sad.

jediX

Reaction score
Any commercial with Carrot Top in it is terrible as well.

Drtooth

Reaction score
sarah_yzma said:
local commercials are the best to make fun of! there's a furniture store in the area (it's run by two brothers) and they always hold a puppy or a baby like that's gonna make us want to go buy from them.....oooh they have a puppy.......
I hate those *&^% things... over here, they get random family members to do their commercials, and the results are really bad. But the worst of it is when they have thick Bawstawn accents... ya know... dey pahk the cahh in Havahd yahhhhd?

mupvisiongirl

Reaction score
tiggie0686 said:
--The stupid, stupid 1-800-588-2300 Empire commercial. It's for Empire Carpets.
I second the nomination for those awful Empire carpet commercials- they hurt my soul.

My favorite one is for this anti-cold medicine, this guy is standing in an elevator and the lady next to him sneezes and the guy screams at the top of his lungs "NOOOOOO!"- that's how I feel when it gets to be cold season :concern:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Is it just me, or does the Empire carpet guy look like a quiet evil version of Stan Lee?