Confessing Fears

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I was 16 when Coraline came out. I got the nostalgic feels of James and the Giant Peach and Nightmare Before Christmas.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Honestly, Tim Burton is not a good director when it comes to stop motion. The only 'burton' attributed stop motion movie he had any real say on was Corpse Bride and Frankenweenie, neither of which were very good movies.

Henry Selick is the real genius when it comes to creepy stop motion movies.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Okay, I'm actually curious.

Is anyone here not afraid of the dark?

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
There are several creepypasta characters that absolutely terrify me. They are:
The Rake - Why he/she/it terrifies me should be self explanatory from the above image.
Mr. Bear - The reason why I find this monster absolutely horrifying is because he isn't really a monster at all. Where most creepypasta villains are some sort of supernatural/otherworldly/fictional creature, this is just a normal person in a bear suit. Sometimes the scariest monsters are human. I would've also included his "partner in crime" the talking hand puppet named Booby, but I can never say his name without laughing. Go figure! :stick_out_tongue:
Mr. Widemouth - While not much is known of this mysterious being, I know one thing. He comes into children's rooms at night and encourages them to play with knives. That is just wrong on a number of levels. I mean, the dude just barges into people's windows while they are sleeping and basically gives them suicide tips. That TOTALLY gives a whole new meaning to the Mellissa Etheridge song "Come To My Window" lol.
Eyeless Jack - I've always been easily squeamish when it comes to anything related to kidneys being removed so the thought of some random creepy dude in a mask who comes into your room at night and steals your kidneys in your sleep doesn't sit right with me for obvious reasons.
Seth - Okay, we are getting into some more obscure territory here. In fact, the pasta is so obscure that this isn't even a real picture of Seth at all but rather just a regular creepy black dog drawing I found on Deviantart (to my knowledge actual fan art of the character is non-existent). But anyway, Seth was supposedly some little girl's "imaginary friend" that she somehow stumbled upon in an old diary she found in the attic. While she claims that he was imaginary and nothing else, the startlingly realistic tales featuring the monster that were documented within her diary seem way too real to be nothing more than a child's imagination. Even if he wasn't implied to be real, the fact that an innocent little girl could come up with this monstrosity and consider it her best friend is disturbing in it's own right. Hey, I just realized something. I just discussed a character named Seth without making a single Family Guy or Robot Chicken reference. Surprisingly enough, it wasn't that hard for me to do.
Giggles the Clown - Again, no picture of this character exists so I just made him look The Joker because why not? But anyway, the only reason this character scares me is because he gives my beloved pink chipmunk waifu a bad name. There's only one Giggles in the world, okay! Well, there is the chick from Teen Beach Movie as well but still. Anyone that takes Giggles' name and turns into something associated with evil is automatically a diabolical villain in my book.
ALF (ALF's Autopsy lost episode) - I know what your thinking? What the heck is ALF doing on this list? Well....let me explain. He was the subject of a very disturbing lost episode tale called ALF's Autopsy that depicts a horrifying "series finale" of ALF that features content so bizarrely creepy that I don't even want to discuss it on a family forum.

P.S. I would like to say that while those characters do scare me, quite a bit actually. I still really like them. They are very creative and well written characters who actually manage to both terrify and intrigue me at the same time. I'm just letting everyone know that I was NOT ranting about the characters themselves. Not at all, I was doing the exact opposite and praising them for being the terrifyingly awesome creations they are. Each and every one of the creators of these characters are very talented people and ranting about them was never my attention so I apologize of it came across that way.

P.S.S. I'm SO sorry if I got "Come To My Window" by Melissa Etheridge stuck in your head after I mentioned it in the Mr. Widemouth entry. If anybody has a week long earworm now courtesy of Flaky Pudding, I completely apologize :smile:.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I have a question:Was there ever an episode of Kipper the Dog where Kipper dreams about his sock puppet coming to life or something like that? My Grandma told me a while back that one time while she was babysitting me she sent me into the other room to watch some Kipper episodes we had on tape so she could have a little time to herself. She tells me that it was one of the best ways to keep me quiet for a while until she heard me crying and screaming from the other room. When she came in, she saw me watching an episode that involved something about Kipper's sock puppet that I somehow found disturbing. She didn't get too much of a glimpse of what it was all she tells me is that it related to that little sock puppet somehow. Because sock puppets don't generally scare me, I'm assuming there was something weird happening to the puppet because how else would it have freaked me out so bad. My guesses are that it either came to life (probably in a dream sequence or something like that), was treated as a suspenseful plot device like Elmo's blanket in Elmo in Grouchland, or had a prominent role in a Halloween special. Does anybody know what could've possibly spooked me back then? Keep in mind that whatever it was only scary by 3-year-old standards (the age I was when I had seen this episode), so it could've been literally anything even remotely weird or out of the ordinary.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
I have a really embarrassing one to admit. I used to be terrified of the Echo Bush from Dora the Explorer when I was a toddler.

I really have no idea why.