Contest: Design art for Fraggle Rock 30th anniversary merchandise

RedFraggleRocks

Reaction score
Time to start drawing again James!!

A few things I don't understand with this! Can the artwork be produced on paper using pens, ink, pastels etc! Then scanned into a computer and sent as jpg or PDF files?? I'm not to hot at computer graphics by can put pen to paper!!

Also is this only open to USA residents only or world wide??

Finally if the string doll co make a mokey doll it might look more like 'rags' from mokeys funeral!! Hehe

Chris
That actually would work. When they say layers I think they mean if you make it in Photoshop or Illustrator save the orig. art file so if it goes to production it's easier on the people who need to make screens- unless its sublimation printing. They just want clean artwork to work from!

Frozann

Reaction score
I would love to enter the contest. Thanks for announcement!

But well, it's very unclear whether it should be an artwork or real merchandise design.. I can do both but I would like what actually I should submit :big_grin:

RedFraggleRocks

Reaction score
Oh dear!! You've lost me! Hehe.

No I understand a bit. I did a web design course several years ago and we touched on layers etc but as I havnt really put it into practice I'm not too confident.

Anyone have and ideas where I can help or any books that would explain it more!?

Chris
Teach yourself visually photoshop is a great beginner book- also check your local library and see what they have in that section. My BIGGEST advice: in photoshop to make layers you have to click on the icon that says BACKGROUND in the layers palette and then just hit ok when the LAYER 1 window pops up.- it will make it into a working layer. I hope that tip saves you a lot of struggle!

Frozann

Reaction score
Oh yes, can I participate if I'm not USA resident?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Haha! I don't disagree but I kinda like those little guy. They all look like 'Rags.'
They're cute and all, but I want to see something of midlevel quality at least. A new line of Plush by a company that's not afraid of plastic eyes and dyes that get the fabric the right color. Maybe some sort of figural plastic representation.

kyunkyua

Reaction score
"must be at least 18 years of age"
:eek:
Well...ahem..so much for that... *goes in corner to be depressed*

bandit

Reaction score
They're cute and all, but I want to see something of midlevel quality at least. A new line of Plush by a company that's not afraid of plastic eyes and dyes that get the fabric the right color. Maybe some sort of figural plastic representation.
I know. I never realized how easy it is to get them SO wrong. Its the genius of the muppet design. They appear simple and easy to replicate but really are not.
I have a Red and Mokey in my closet who look seriously strung out. Its awful! It would be great to see a more finessed line of figures out.

bandit

Reaction score
"must be at least 18 years of age"
:eek:
Well...ahem..so much for that... *goes in corner to be depressed*
Aw, that's dumb. Sorry kiddo. If it makes ya feel any better, Im well past old enough...but couldnt scribble my name on a sheet of paper legibly if ya asked me to. So not much chance for me either....

Oo! Here's an idea! Pull a Cyrano. Yeah! Draw something brilliant....choose your guest..make sure they are older....make THEM pretend to be the artist and then you both show up and have a blast! Hahaha.
...Yeah.Im mostly joking. That'd never work. It didnt in any of those 80s sitcoms....why would it now?
Nope! We'd better just comiserate and cheer them on.
GOOD LUCK YOU TALENT FILLED BUMS!
Since we cant.....go REPRESENT!

kyunkyua

Reaction score
Oh, I wish. :stick_out_tongue: The real kicker is that I'm only one year off. If they had just waited a year...
I was really looking forward to putting that on college applications, too. Shoot.

bandit

Reaction score
Oh blah! That's the pitts.
Submit anyway. You never know.