1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Contest: Design art for Fraggle Rock 30th anniversary merchandise

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Phillip, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Foodie Active Member

Most of my stuff is done primarily with markers. I recently bought a new set of Prismacolor markers with these neat " brush " tips so I broke them in for this. This has colored pencils & some acrylic paint too. Oh, I dunno for sure if it helped but I actually used marker paper instead of just whatever I had laying around as well.I also have a set of Prismacolor pens too. For the outlines, I used umm... some sort of dark umber pen. I have a .005 width and a .05. I dunno if I use markers in the " professional " manner. I kind of use them like I'm painting and there's a lot of saturation.... I don't have much trouble with bleeding though.

I'm sure there are other entries but I haven't thought to look yet.

It was too easy to submit a JPEG actually. Just as long as it's less that 6 MB. I think mine was like 2 MB. But it's one of those deals where it just links you to your own files... like the way it does when you submit something to Deviant Art or... anywhere actually. From what I understand, the winning entries will have to send PSD or TIFF versions, but the key word there is " winning ", so, we don't have to concern ourselves with that yet. Plus, I'm sure they'll be able to help the winners out when the time comes.

Hope that helps. :smirk:
  2. Foodie Active Member

Thanks. :smirk:
  3. Kermieuk Well-Known Member

Thanks so much for the info.

Spent another few hours on it this afternoon, luckily we have two days off in the UK so more time to spend on fraggles!!

Hopefully be finished tomorrow. Emailed to see if the original fraggle rock logo can be used?? Waiting for their reply!!

Chris
  4. Foodie Active Member

I didn't do this, but on the site, there's something you can download. I think it may be ideas for inspiration but it may have something about logos and things like that. :smirk:
  5. Kermieuk Well-Known Member

Hi
    No logos. It's just a set of photos, some nice ones too! Characters and sets. So not really anything that wasn't already available I don't think.

Chris
  6. Kermieuk Well-Known Member

Hey!
    When did the date change for this??

Work has to be submitted by aug 14th now! Not June 21st as first published!?
    At least it gives me more time to finish!?

Chris
  7. jvcarroll Well-Known Member

Thank frog! It's smart to give us the summer to do this.
  8. CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

I wish I could enter, but you have to be at least 18. :sympathy: Stupid Contest Rules!:) Lol
  9. jvcarroll Well-Known Member

They apparently pushed the deadline back in order to have more entries to choose from. There are 9 second place winners after all.
  10. Kermieuk Well-Known Member

Why the confusion? If you look at the website and rules the date has changed!
    I have no idea why?

Chris
  11. muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

I understand Kermeuk! The contest has been extened to August 14th. Thanks!
  12. Foodie Active Member

Must've just happened ... today. :smirk:
  13. bandit Well-Known Member

You guys be sure to post your entries here. I've gotta live vicariously through you....Plus, if I'm gonna cheer you on, I wanna know what I'm cheering for

Sooo, on -that- note.....*ehems and pulls out the bullhorn*
    LET'S HEAR IT FOR OUR CONTESTANTS! Woohoo!
    GOOD LUCK, ALL YOU GUYS! ^_^ GO FORTH AND CONQUER!
    Make us proud!
  14. Collgoff Well-Known Member

I checked the rules of the contest yesterday and I couldn't find the changed date.
  15. Kermieuk Well-Known Member

Does anyone know how to view the uploaded entries?? I used your link Foodie and it had a back button on you image which would let you view all entries??

Now I cant find anywhere how to look at the entries?

Chris
  16. Foodie Active Member

I couldn't find a way through my entry until I did a search for " fraggle " on Talenthouse that gave me links to other entries. :smirk:
  17. Luke Active Member

Amazing work Nick, good luck everyone - what a fantastic opportunity.
  18. Foodie Active Member

Thanks so much. :smirk:
  19. Yoda Man Member

Just heard about this contest the other day and am super excited! Really glad the deadline was pushed back. I'm not sure if this is allowed (the rules say you can't use something already published, so hopefully posting this beforehand doesn't disqualify me), but I wondered if I could get some feedback on my entry. I'm doing all five main Fraggles in a very stylized way, using only the straight-line and paint bucket tools in Photoshop. Here's Red, and I'm working on the rest. I don't expect to win, but second place would be really cool. Does anyone have any feedback/critiques on this? Any suggestions before I move on to the other 4? I'd really appreciate it.

[IMG]
  20. Collgoff Well-Known Member