Contest: Design art for Fraggle Rock 30th anniversary merchandise

bandit

Reaction score
MOST likely #1 would happen- I would just have a big doofy smile!
Well then, just take an interpreter with ya and you'll be just fine! ^_^
Now you just have to come up with a masterpiece to get ya there. CAKE, right?!​

RedFraggleRocks

Reaction score
Well then, just take an interpreter with ya and you'll be just fine! ^_^​
LOL my interpreter would be like "Ummm what my friend Danielle is TRYING to say through her big doofy smile is the Fraggles were her first friends when she was 3. Her parents had HBO purely so she could watch it. She had a diary, postcard sending obsession and smoothie rock collection. Red taught her its ok to just be yourself. She is loud, boiserous and hyper. Oh ya, and she watched the entire 96 episodes on DVD when they came out practically in one sitting this year."

bandit

Reaction score
LOL my interpreter would be like "Ummm what my friend Danielle is TRYING to say through her big doofy smile is the Fraggles were her first friends when she was 3. Her parents had HBO purely so she could watch it. She had a diary, postcard sending obsession and smoothie rock collection. Red taught her its ok to just be yourself. She is loud, boiserous and hyper. Oh ya, and she watched the entire 96 episodes on DVD when they came out practically in one sitting this year."
"Just look in her glazed over eyes....ah...little deeper than that and you'll be able to see all that for yourself. YUP!" *lol* ****, take me. I'll be your interpreter. I can speak 'dumbstruck' pretty well.

Hubert

Reaction score
Well then, just take an interpreter with ya and you'll be just fine! ^_^​
CAKE? Did somebody say cake? How about virtual cake?

Collgoff

Reaction score
I would freak if I got to go to that 30th anniversary party! I REALLY want to meet Karen Prell and tell her I love her!!! Red was my first friend when I was 3!
That sounds great and for that I'm entering the art contest!

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Hi Fraggle Fans,

Not posted here for a while. How is everyone getting on with there designs??

Can someone please confirm one thing for me, in this sentance in the rules

''2. Your submission should be art original to you - no clip art or style guide art incorporated directly into your piece.''

Does this mean we CAN or CANNOT use the ''Fraggle Rock'' Logo in our design? OR do we have to design a new unique logo? I'd hate to be disqualified for using the logo in my design??

Thanks all

Chris

Foodie

Reaction score
Hi,
Okay, I'm in the non-digital-format boat on this contest, meaning, I've just finished drawing my submission on paper and have it scanned & ready to go, I just hafta submit it. I think I understand all of the submission rules but I wanna make sure, so, if anyone out there can help me with a few questions, I'd be grateful.

I'm probably making this too difficult but really, all I have to do, is scan my image, which I have, and then submit it as a JPEG, which I've almost done and then fill in the blanks. What's throwing me a bit I believe is an issue that has to do with the " winning designs ". Here, I'll just quote the " scary part" :wink:

""" The winning design must be submitted to The Jim Henson Company as layered TIFF or PSD files or as vector EPS files and at least 300 DPI at 12” wide x 15” """

So then, the above applies once I've won? Since I drew mine " old school ", do you think it'll be a concern at all? I just wanna make sure I get everything right.All the layers and TIFFs and PSD files and such have me a tad worried.

Also, I would assume it would be okay for me to post my submission to my Deviant Art page right? There doesn't seem to be any rule against that.

Anyway, thanks to anyone who can clarify this stuff for me. :smirk:

bandit

Reaction score
Ooooo! That's pretty good. Hey, good luck!

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Great work nick.

Can I ask what you used to colour the design!? As another old Sokol pencil to paper fan I never know what to use to colour? Felt pens leave those lines, pastels can't get the small details pencils don't colour vibrant enough?? Please tell me what you used??

Are there any other designs online yet to look at as I can't find them or are they hid til voting opens?

Finally. Was it as easy as submitting a jpeg image!! That bit always concerns me to!

Thanks

Chris