Counting Characters

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK... Since I'm always burning out with fanfic flopping and worried wembling, I thought I'd simply present my characters instead much like others have done in the past. If anyone feels venturous enough to create corresponding artwork, I'd appreciate it, though you should probably contact me first to get all the particulars involved in each descript I write up.

At any rate, this'll probably go on as far as I want to... Not sure how long that'll be. But expect the first covant of 13 to be covered in the first burst of posts.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
-------------
Character Entry #1.

Name: The Count von Count.
Companion: Batty Bat.
I-Scream Flavor: Transylvania Twist 1-2-3.
Dislikes: Running out of things to count, getting the Counting Flu.
Scaring Talent: Thunderbolt Count.
Whenever he finishes counting, a stroke of thunder is heard along with an issuanceof accompanying lightning.

Appearance:
A normal height Muppet male, his lavender skin and vampiric-inspired profile denote his presence. His black hair is usually slicked back into a widow's peak atop his more or less rounded Muppet head. He also has two upwards V-arched blackened eyebrows above his traditional round black-pupiled Muppet eyes. Unlike most Muppets, he has two sets of lavender eyelids, showing his seniority ranking. He also happens to have a triangularly-pointed nose and two similar triangularly-pointed ears. His broad smile shows off two small vampiric fangs, whereas he has a tuft of black hair groomed into a conically rounded goatee upon the curve of his chin. The Count is chiefly known for his stylish wardrobe, including a glassy monacle worn over his left and better-sighted eye. He usually wears a white pressed shirt, black pants held by a smart blackened belt, and matching black dress socks and shoes. The belt happens to have a cute little bat-shaped buckle, hidden by the Count's coat. Before stepping out, he adds a white bowtie wrapped around the neck of his shirt, a cheery red sleeveless vest that features thin yellowed stripes running diagonally from his left shoulder downwards, and a black blazer. Three small buttons adorn the undersides of the coat's sleeves. A greenish drawstring cape completes his ensamble, swirling paisley puzzlepiece pattern visible on the inner-faced lining.

Backstory:
Inheriting the title from his father, the Count von Count continues the proud lineage of numerian vampirians who preceeded him at Castle von Count or the Counting Castle as it is more familiarly known by the Numbervanian neighbors. Though he has quite a reputation for arithmetic accuracy, he grew tired of being the lone counter at his haunted home abode. As a master of mathematics and monsters, he decided to open the doors to the doomicile one evening. Now he is much happier as he can count all the people in town passing by on their way to their wicked work, the creepy kids as they trick-or-treat playing phantomly pranks or professing clandestine crushes, and all the monsterful legends of myth and the silver scream. Occasionally he receives a marble number as a trinket from the Number of the Day club, either flown by his pet Batty Bat or hand-delivered by anyone who wishes to gift him the token.

Counting Scene:
The Count stands with a smile on his face in front of his master's chambers bedroom, the door behind me stamped with a big black bat logo replacing the more traditional dressing room star. Cape fully spread out behind him, he proffers a hand ushering all guests into his hallowed Halloweenish halls. The Count then looks upward displaying a laughing look, clutching a marble white 1 in his cupped right hand, flanked by Batty Bat on his opposing shoulder and a grayed thundercloud equally stamped with a blackened 1 hovering near flicking the tail of its own lighted bolt.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I really like how you're doing it this time Ed, I think it works well!

BEAR

Reaction score
This is really cool, Ed!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
-------------
Character Entry #2.
Name: Jerr and Rich, The Two-Headed Monster.
Favorite I-Scream Flavor: Graple Slurple.
Likes: Word puzzles, arguing with themselves, giving directions.
Dislikes: Not being able to share fun with each other because of their arguing.
*Scaring Talent: Twin Headbutt.

Appearance:
This character is a big Muppet monster, though he/they/it appears to be of slightly taller humanish height. Shaggy violet fur covers their entire body, except for their hair. Jerr, the head on the right, has darker purpler tousled yet matted hair, violet-lidded ball-shaped black-pupiled eyes, an orange ovaled nose, a slightly closed mouth, downwards sloping yellow horns, and a light violet goatee tuft on his chin. On the otherhand, Rich, the head on the left has light violet free-styled frenzied hair partially covering his upwards sloping horns and the back of his neck, the same eyes and nose as Jerr though Rich has a wilder wide-eyed laughing look on his face, an open Muppet mouth, and a darker purpler full beard. His body is big enough so as to lift both heads and at the same time convey his girth as a Muppet monster should. He has two thick furred arms and legs, ending in four-digit hands and hree-digit furry feet, though his right hand is posed as if pointing out at something in a showing manner. His/Their wardrobe is kept simple to demonstrate their position within the castle's hierarchy. Two classy white bibs ring each head's neck, tied by a subtle gray bowtie. Cuffs and pants of matching subtle gray shading are the other main articles of clothing. Along with these, he has two razzled reddened cufflinks closing the cuffs around his wrists, and a dark purplish belt holding up his pants in place.

Backstory:
Originally living in the neighborhood of Sesame Street, the Two-Headed Monster frequented the Count's little corner of the counting world. Wanting to address it/them properly, the heads agreed to respond to Jerr and Rich, they didn't exactly know why but it suited them individually to a tee. Inspired by an old Henson movie, they were instantly employed to act as ushers, stationed at the castle's main doorway, announcing the arriving guests on a daily basis. The Two-Headed Monster enjoys to loiter at a gray-bricked wall nearby the castle's alleyed lanes or at other parts of town on the occasional off-day. The problem with hiring them as outer perimeter security is that they can be easily distracted if given a particularly good word puzzle like "feet", "ch-eese" or even "m-ilk". Just knock on the door and go on in instead. But if you're lost, methinks you'd better heed :wisdom:'s advice and not ask a two-headed monster for directions.

Counting Scene:
Jerr and Rich stand near the Darkened Doorway's main entrance as if expecting someone to come up and pass through their doors. They shift their heads in either direction, then to themselves, and admit a visitor's gaze to intrude upon the haunted home's inner sanctum. At that time, a grayish thundercloud hovers directly above them bearing a blackened 2. The cloud shoots its familiar forked tailend as the monster is then added to the Counting Castle's cast of souls.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
-------------
Character Entry #3.
Name: Velorie.
Favorite I-Scream Flavor: Buttermilk Drippings.
Dislikes: Bumping into someone who won't shut up and let her enjoy the quiet of the night.
*Scaring Talent: Candelabra Kisses.

Appearance:
She looks like a normal Numbervanian Muppet girl, about in between the height of Prairie Dawn and the Count. She has light powdery grayish skin, which iluminates in the glow of her candled lights. She has a vertical oval-shaped head and matching ovaled Muppetoid body. She has a head of blackened hair streaming down to her shoulders, styled in a two-parted 18th century woman's wig. She also has two black-pupiled traditional Muppet eyes, two medium gray eyelids, and a traditional Muppet mouth. She has a sly sleepy look on her face, enhanced by the soft swaying black eyelashes brushing against her eyes. Her face gently slopes down into a cute dusted pinkish round nose, whereas she has two light gray triangularly-rounded batlike human ears on the sides of her head. She has two slender cylindrical arms and legs, all ending in four-digit hands and feet. She happens to wear a lightweight moonlight whitened blouselike shirt and a darkened medium gray nighttime robe. The robe features twilight black trim around its cuffs, neck, sides of its body, and belted loop which closes the robe around her waist. She wears two soft-padded dark medium gray slippers, hushing her faint footsteps. Lastly, the blouselike shirt's collar and sleevecuffs fold out and over above the robe's, the shirt's cuffs ruffling in the night wind. The shirt's collar has a thin glossy feel to it, almost as if it were made out of the same material as a slightly slicked magazine page. Additionally, the lower edges of the robe is bathed in a ring of moonlight whitened waxy foam. She is most often seen toting her baby bronze candelabra with three lit candles proudly standing tall in its sockets.

Backstory:
A child of darkness, Velorie prefers to remain secluded in her chambers. If one were to actually access such a recondit room, you'd find it to be a romantic writing and reading room. Stocked in the tomes of the day borrowed from the local library, candles light and relight thanks to a bit of supernatural science so as not to leave her while fawning over the latest cliffhanger chapters. She only makes herself known when walking through the creepy castled corridors in the middle of the hushed night. Guided by the light of her candlesticks' three, a chance encounter between herself and the Count led him to believe that she would be the perfect silent sentry. All she asks is to not be interrupted while wandering the halls on her nightly rounds... And maybe a fanfic update be made available to her as soon as it's written, preferably of the ushgush variety.

Counting Scene:
Velorie appears walking down the Castle Atrium's main hallway, stopping for a brief moment at the nightstand wedged betwixt the two main dormitory doors. She smiles that sly sleepy smile of hers before kissing her three waxsticks good night. The candles leap to flame almost instantly, showing the presence of the familiar thundercloud hovering above. Stamped by a blackened 3 this time, the cloud is seen as if it's little lightningbolt were poised to light the candles themselves in a moment of gothic
glory as Velorie gets added to the Counting Castle's cast of souls.