Counting Characters

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I agree with your little sis there, Velorie does sound beautiful!

Sorry it took awhile for me to comment, the forum was giving me troubles yesterday.

Looking forward to what is next!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Huh? Bethy! Here, huggles and muffin for you.
Thanks... Some how I kind of partially think of Susan Sarandon in the sketch she appeared in with my namesake for Velorie... But just a little bit, not entirely. Also, I sort of goofed. Vel was meant to habit the A-Tower in her Counting Scene. It offsets the symmetry planned for the three upper towers. Not sure if I should fix that though or leave things as they currently stand.

BTW: Beth, I think you'll like who's next at #4 in spite of being a cat purrson.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
-------------
Character Entry #4.
Name: Rune the Hound of the Baskervilles.
Favorite I-Scream Flavor: Teatime Toffee.
Likes: Scaring passing drivers who can't see him as he chases after cars, sleeping in on chilled sky afternoons.
Dislikes: NYC leash laws, potholes, the neighboring alley cat.
*Scaring Talent: Phantom Barker.

Appearance:
Rune is your basic boogedy beast, all four legs of determined dogged fur. He faintly resembles one of the Count's friends, Sprocket, whom was met that one Christmas the entire Muppet Family spent together at Grizzly Farms' farmhouse. The main difference is that Rune's shag shades towards a darker smokier grayish-black hue. He does have lighter grayish whitened bushy expressive eyebrows, mustachioed whiskers upon his upper lip, an underbelly of this grayish-whitened fur, and a bushy brushy tuft at the end of his stubby stemmy tail. Additionally, a few tufts of gray-whitened hair flock the rims of his darker doglike floppy ears. He has rounded blackened eyes, with smaller pupils that glow in the dark on occasion. His pupils seem to receed inwardly, and look like a blind man's pair of protective glasses due to all the surrounding facial fur. Rune has a round black-gray dog's nose in the center of his face, and of course a set of whitish dog's teeth inside his jaws. Rune walks on all fours and is almost as tall as his mathematical master, though not quite the same height. This dogged tracker prefers to lie wrapped in his blackened blanket held in place by a clever metal collar and Numbervanian dog license, as it comfortably covers most of his body. Cryptic quilted mystic symbols edge the blanket, glowing just as mysteriously at times.

Backstory:
Rune originally belonged to a Baker Street busybody. As his former master's work overtook his schedule, Sherlock decided to give his frightmate the Count a ring. Although he wasn't much of a dog person, the vampire accepted receiving such a haunted hound at his castled compound. Here Rune would now have the chance to get his fair share of hexercise, chasing after passing motorists unaware of the quadruped's phantomly pursuits. Filing proper papers to get a license, Rune became the master of monsters' newest pet, sharing a place of distinction within the beasts of brimstone featured in the hallowed halls in spite of his distaste for and not getting along with an alley cat who frequents the lonely lanes around the main doomicile.

Counting Scene:
Resting next to the Dungeon Lounge's swinging skeletal cell door, Rune comfortably curls up on top of a mattressed wicker basket bed. He sniffs the air inside the cellar, promptly lying his head down after tucking all four legs beneath his body. His eyes warily glow as if sensing some shadowy presence... Though this was just the grayish thundercloud hovering above, showing its stamped 4, adding our haunted hound to the Counting Castle's cast of souls.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Very nice! I may be a cat person, but I love dogs too! Now who's next?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
-------------
Character Entry #5.
Name: Sanguina.
Favorite I-Scream Flavor: Bloodberry Bath.
Companions: The Fanged Five: Ana, Becka, Carra and Dana Bats.
Likes: The color red, monster movie marathons, singing in the spooklight.
Dislikes: Having to hide her batty-based heritage.
*Scaring Talent: Murcilagous Multiplication.

Appearance:
She has the appearance of a normal female Muppetlike character, though she towers over most rivaling Dr. Phil Van Neuter in height. The flawless beige skin which covers her body only serves to accentuate her allure. Rich wine reddened hair streams downwards, cascading past her shoulders to the middle of her back. As a nod to her signature look, one chirlish curl partially covers her small almond-shaped black-pupiled eyes (especially the left one), floating in time with her breath along with the flirty black eyelashes and eyebrows that frame her facial expression as that of a classic actress. A cute rodentia nose of triangularly-rounded shape and pinkish hue dots the center of her countenance. Crimson painted lips leave their mark when she's in an amarous mood. Her body is contoured by the curvaceousness befitting a more mature adult actress, long-reaching arms and legs ending all in five-digit hands and feet. She wears a crimson cherry robe over her body, long-reaching sleeves and long-flowing folds trailing to the ground in her wake. The robe's hemmed by blackened trim, and a platinum white female bat-faced logo similar to that of her companions is prominently displayed upon the right shouldered paneling. She wears two signature raspberry reddened elbow-length evening gloves and a signature raspberry reddened dress top. This dress top, somewhat slinky, ripples reflective angles of light while still stunning all as to when the robe opens and she shows off her gorgeous gothic girlish figure. She wears two satiny silver silk leggings concealing her legs, and two silk stockings and matching silver heels encasing her delicate demure feet. Her companions all look like female Muppet bats. Though there may only be four of them, with Sanguina as their leader, they take to calling themselves "The Fanged Five". Ana, the whitened blonde, stares off into space with a silly grin denoting her sometimes airheaded ditziness. Becka, her hair discolored, simply looks on with blahsé disinterest in anything happening around her. Carra, whose hair has taken a dirtie darkened tinge, seizes any opportunity to flirt with others, asserting the coquettish naughty nature visible upon her visage. Dana, sweet strawberry blonde, is the true dreamer as she often mentally wanders thinking of haunted hopes awaiting the group. Each bat wears a shimmering silver scream hairbow tucked against their ears; Ana and Becka upon their right, Carra and Dana on their left, as it mirrors their positioning when perching on their sister's scarlet-clad shoulders.

Backstory:
"She's not bat, she's just blooddrawn that way."
Tall and battiful, Sanguina dremt of one day becoming an actress. Unfortunately, most bigtime producers were off-put by her ears. Knowing this, she had to pinch and pin them down when auditioning for any available casting calls. This too backfired, as her new look merely elicited the promise of a movie role with some uncomfortable insinuation attached. Slinking off into seclusion at the Dark Shadows nightclub, she was free once more to let her hair down and ears up. After a few months, she mustered enough courage to come out of hiding deciding to join the gathering spooks at the Counting Castle. There she found that her battyness was welcome by all... She even came to enjoy acting in a few haunted home movies from time to time, regaining her persona as the bijou belle of the belfry.

Counting Scene:
Sanguina strolls out onto the castle's Solitary Streetcorner, mostly at nighttime. She leans against the first open space created by the landmark lamppost's gnarled notches, lounging in its languid lurrid light. Momentarily scared, she turns her head to the side, revealing a look of sexy surprise crossing her face. The bats react in kind,instantly frightenedly and flusteredly fluttering straight upwards. These calm down a smidge after finding their company joined by the familiar thundercloud with its blackened 5 hovering there, the electric jolt emitted keeping the battiful one below a little shaken up as she gets added to the Counting Castle's cast of souls.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Aww, she sounds lovely, ears and all, Hollywood doesn't know what they're missing!

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
Totally, dude.
<3
Shame on Hollywood. :big_grin:
Don't discriminate!
APPRECIATE!

;P

Can't wait to see the next!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks. Was writing this last night, but power shortages made me shut down and post it today instead after losing what I had. Sanguina's one of the ones I'm proudest of in terms of descript evolution. If you can't tell, she and her whole scene were based on the concept of a Jessica Rabbit Halloween pin I instantly adopted though I don't actually own it.

Next one will take some time. But you already have his sketch Clauds.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
-------------
Character Entry #6.
Name: Nero the Demon.
Favorite I-Scream Flavor: Double Damnation Fudge.
Dislikes: Running out of toppings/ingredients for his pizza pies.
*Scaring Talent: Demon Flare.

Appearance:
Nero looks like a squat Muppet humanoid, about the same height as some of the kids from the seeded streets. Scales of a spectral blueish color cover his entire skin, while other features denote his demonlike appearance. A lining of partially raised demon scales runs along the entire back of his body, straight down his sinister spine. Two sooty powdered blue horns grace the top of his head, while a few tufts of grizzled grayish fur/hair tuck themselves atop or behind his ears. He has two big rounded saucerlike eyes, two light blue eyelids capping the hazel grayed catlike vertical pupils that light up when making a fresh kill at the kitchen. He also has a sort of animalistic snub snout, two sooty grayed fangs in the upper corners of his mouth and a smoky reddened inner Muppet mouth, as well as two blueish ears with looping lobes reminiscent in shape to those belonging to cattle. He usually haunches over, so as to give his blocky Muppetoid body a doubled-over appearance. Thickened arms and legs lend him their assistance, sooty gray claws hardened enough to slice the baking dough placed on the tips of his scaled hands. He wears a chocolate browned shirt, collar and cuffs reddened in color, kind of like that worn by the animated Ghostbusters, slitted in the back so as to allow his scales to poke through. He also has a pair of blackened reddish pants, held in place by a powder black belt and matching powder black loafer shoes. These happen to be coated with a fine layer of ash over their souls.

Backstory:
This demon happened to be haunting some of the finer restaurants in Italy, natural for him, as the bloodline of the ownership could be traced to his own. After bugging the chefs with his brand of broiling boiling deviltry, Nero was given the chance to shine by learning from the best... Or at least they thought to be the best... Snatching secreted pages from a cookbook here and a critique there, he compiled quite a collection of creepy recipes. Abandoning his old haunts, he found quite a haven near the master castle. The demon found to love pizzas best, as that was what the kids always clamored for when requesting his services upon attending an informal get-together or weekend pizza party. Finding he would need a base of operations accomodative fit for such a culinary creator as himself, he smelt the hearty heat coming from the castle. Once welcomed by the vampire master, Nero located the kitchen's ovens. Agreeing to stay on as a personal cook of sorts and formalizing the eerie enterprise heretofor known as the Transylvanian Kitchen, this haunter found himself finally at a haunted home he could learn to love.

Counting Scene:
Nero stands next to the kitchen's ovens, extracting his latest baked good from the opened doors. As any good chef would, he deftly snatches a slice using his clawed hands, piled high with spicy pepperoni for his sampling. Satisfied, the rest of the dish gets packed into the waiting cardboard crate bearing the kitchen's logo. What else but a black bat owning large angular wings poised firmly above a full moon would serve as the enterprise's image? The demon smiles somewhat wickedly but sweetly, just noticing out of the corner of his saucery eyes that thundercloud stamped with a 6 now as he himself gets added to the Counting Castle's cast of souls.