Counting Characters

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
-------------
Character Entry #9.
Name: Roxy Meow the Alley Cat.
Favorite I-Scream Flavor: Milk Nougat Clusterballs.
Likes: Chasing after particularly bratty little bats when they've gotten out of line.
Dislikes: Being disturbed when she's catching up on one of her catnaps.
*Scaring Talent: Alleycat Mangler.

Appearance:
This haunter is similar in appearance to Gaffer, the piratical cat roaming around the backstage area of the Muppet Theater, though she has been enhanced thanks to somewhat of a human female morphing reaction. She is about the same height as a small Muppet kid for a Muppetized humanized housecat, though she is seen at the same reach as the Count himself due to often remaining vigilant from her perch above an L-shaped brick wall just outside the castle's perimeter. Orangish faded fur covers her entire body, tinged with a brown undertone. She has two drowsy black-pupiled eyes, two orange eyelids, and soft brown eyelashes. Her catty face is completed by the black pentagonal nose in the center, small white cat's teeth inside her reddened Muppet mouth, and two pointy cat's ears placed on the sides of the top of her head where they belong. Two shapely female human arms and legs issue from her equally chested torso, the long cat's tail positioned just above her rear end. While her tail is wrapped in bandages of gauzy white, a band of plain brown fur encircles her upper arms about midway between her shoulders and elbows. Four fingers and toes to each hand and foot, small gray catclaws bud from each fingertip. She wears a sleeveless marroon sweater shirt, leaving her arms and midrift region completely bare. The only other article of clothing she wears are two dust brown legwarmers, around though not entirely concealing her humanlike calves. Tufts of scraggly fur seem to be torn out from the sides of her arms as evidence of her feline fighter feistiness. As a result of this, she also has a spherical bitemark or missing gap in the left ear and a black eyepatch blinding her right eye. The patch is ever so slightly raised as if she were peaking from beneath its protective covering.

Backstory:
Roxy Meow was the Numbervanian neighborhoods' free feline, usually casting her lot with other kids out on the spooky streets. Assertive, she was not afraid to get into a fight when she had to defend or prove her point. The only problem with this is that sometimes she ended up worse for wear. Her claw cycling slashings were quick... But speed isn't the only secret to winning a fight. Eventually, the kindly veterinarian banned her from roaming and running into rowdy rumbles. Fixing up her tail and giving her the new slightly flexible patch for her peeper, this soul wondered if some day he'd have to end up sewing her head back on to her still beating body. Seeking to get away from the hussle of the crowds, she went to sleep on one of the brickwork benches. Waking to find herself softly purring, the discovery of a violet vampire's hand gently stroking her fur was oddly soothing. Since she was in need of a home, at least whenever she decided to stay put long enough somewhere for it to feel like home, the master of math found he had one more addition to the already sheltered spectres within his blackened berth.

Counting Scene:
The low brick wall shuts off the Nightmare Lane from the rest of the remaining lefthand exterior areas of the castled grounds. This second driveway acts as sister to the Solitary Streetcorner, though the Nightmare Lane remains accessible thanks to the outer keystone arched door leading to the Transylvanian Kitchen. Roxy Meow lounges atop the bricks, her legs straddling the stones, careful not to get one trapped by the propped up garbage bin's lid. She lifts her head towards the night sky, as if reminded of some long-ago scuffle, silly though still memorable for only who knows why. She spots the floating thundercloud and its black 9—iluminating the dark thanks to a random bolt of brightness—and lets out a meowful mournful note while getting added to the Counting Castle's cast of souls.

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
:stick_out_tongue: She sounds like a fighter.
Good job on portraying her punk--yet somehow nice personality.
An adorable background. :big_grin:

Katzi428

Reaction score
Roxy Meow's my fafurrrite!:smile:

(but I guess you knew that huh Ed?):wink:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks. Heh, just wait until the possibility of "IF" I happen to get to another mournful meower slotted at 999. Now that's a haunter. But I'm getting way too ahead of myself.

Question I have for those who've been following this so far. #10 is a full human haunter, a non-Muppet character. But should there be non-Muppets, especially females in the overall cast of souls? I ask this because I'm grappling a bit with the Real Netherworld location-specific dolls I'd like to create as an aside apart yet at the same time as the haunters. And I'm torn because I think that those are ideas that could be integrated into the master monster mansion, or not. These would be covergirl models, friends of Autumn's... But again, I'm not sure if that's a route that could be explored feasibly.

Will wait to hear for some feedback... Also, I'll probably be occupied with the college basketball tournie games this weekend, so I make no promises as to when #10 might get posted. All I can say is stay tombed.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
-------------
Character Entry #10.
Name: Okttober the Ten of Pumpkins.
Favorite I-Scream Flavor: Pumpkin Patch Sweetness.
Likes: Tending to the trick-or-treaters when they come calling at the castle's front doomed doors.
Dislikes: Finding spoiled smashed chunks strewn throughout her precious privately planted plots.
*Scaring Talent: Pumpkinned Peepers.
Affiliation: Poker Geists' Matriarch.

Appearance:
Okttober, the first non-Muppet haunter, proudly displays her female charms when called upon. As an actual human, she rivals Sanguina in total height, in spite of this lovely lass's lower body being replaced by an overgrown pumpkin. She has flawless beige skin, unblemished in any way by the pumpkin nature she happens to share. She has a head of matted russett red curls, reaching down to just around her nymphish neck. She has two normal black-pupiled eyes, two beige eyelids, russett eyebrows and curly eyelashes, a normal human nose, kissable lips, and two normal human ears. Her upper chest has been amply endowed, a credit to her nurturing. She also happens to have two shapely female human arms, no legs visible as her torso emerges from within a large almost rounded orange pumpkin body. The orange gourd containing her comely features is itself graced by a grimly grinning glowing face, carved into the front center shelled area. She happens to wear a blackened sheer slumbering shroud, tossed over her left shoulder and billowing down around her bodacious block. Eerie glowing ghost-eyed faces are printed all throughout the shroud's sheetlike contours. She also wears a black choker chain and two black bracelets around her wrists, all secured thanks to small pumpkin pins.

Backstory:
This mistress was born out in the pumpkin patch when seeds comingled deep underground in the supernatural soil. Born and bred, she bloomed into womanhood while completely contained by the pumpkinned sphere. Growing far too impatient to show herself, she just burst out one night when both her bodies had been ripely tilled. Replacing the torn top with a newly hinged hatch, Okttober pops out whenever suitors come to call on the haunted home's hospitality. Never shying away from visitors, this gal entreats them to a slice of creepy comforts, though these travelers end up being unnerved by the evil eyes upon them glowing ever brighter every second they linger on. She doesn't disappoint, bidding the bumbling beaus bye-bye with awave and a flash of that sultry Southern smile of hers. Besides tending to the trick-or-treaters and her private patch, she takes a maternal air towards her carded companions. Okttober is the first of five haunters who together form a fiendish hand, known as the Crown Ghouls, consisting of Ace, King, Queen, Jack and herself as Ten. Enjoying a well-cooked Southern meal of roasted grave hens or smoked dragon ham with vegetables from the garden and a side of cornbread, you can count on her to take a moment to clear the table or help in serving some delightful demonly dessert.

Counting Scene:
As one approaches the doomed doors at the monster manor, a brightly-glowing large orange pumpkin rests atop one of the Darkened Doorway's two outer stooptop seating slabs. Coming ever so closer, the top pops open with a rushing whoosh and Okttober takes the cue to rise with the grace of a diva. Her hand sweeps downwards measuring the gothic gorgeousness of her full female form, taking in the pleasure of such a perfect ten. The familiar thundercloud now bearing a black 10 hovers above near her head as the queen of the pumpkins gets added to the Counting Castle's cast of souls.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Vonderful!

Can't help but think of the Great Pumpkin from Charlie Brown when you say she was born out of the pumpkin patch. :smile:

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
How the h*ll could I have missed this?
This is the most original character I've ever read about!
Very unique!

You have such a creativity that stirs jealousy in me!
I mean every word, mate.

I love looking up your characters because I notice each has a flaw, but that flaw is lessened with beautiful qualities.

Maybe I'll update my own character thread. <3
You inspire me, Ed!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yay! Me looking forward to it. For some of these I have a bio-story in mind, for others I let myself be inspired by the *potential* scaring talent. Keep in mind I'm only truly committed to three more entries. After that, anything goes and I'll probably need readers' help or further suggestions/inspiration from other external sources. All I can say for now is stay tombed.

Oh and Clauds... Just cause I like youz... Next one is that guy you room with. No, not that one, the other tall guy. You know the one...
*Muffles her before she gives it away.

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

It's..!
MMFFFMFFFFMFFFFF! XP

-Dragged away-

<3 POST MORE POST MORE!