Counting Characters

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
-------------
Character Entry #7.
Name: Vincent the Magic Mirror.
Favorite I-Scream Flavor: Peppermint Shatterment.
Likes: Reflecting his wisdom on others when asked for his advice.
Dislikes: Getting broken glass bruises whenever someone gets angered over the truth he tells.
*Scaring Talent: Broken Glass Glimmer.

Appearance:
This haunter appears to be somewhat similar to Vincent Twice, an old host of a classic mystery show run on Sesame Street's local affiliates. Dulled golden skin covers his entire body, sullen in its chromatic colour. He has a shock of distinguished opaque grayed-silverish hair above his ears and around the back of his head. Thick grayed-silvery eyebrows edge the sleepy gilded eyelidded eyes, black-pupiled and vertically oblong in shape. His nose juts outwards in a perfect triangular point. His distinguished look is only enhanced by the grayish-silver mustache upon his upper lip. He has a normal Muppet mouth, though no teeth are visible within. Stretched rounded ears of the same dulled golden hue are placed on the sides of his tubelike head. He has a vertically cylindrical body, and equally lengthy limbs ending in four-digit hands and feet. The whitened pressed shirt covers his entire upper body, cuffs closed tight around his wrists. He also happens to wear a smoky silver bowtie and matching vest. Khaki brown dress pants are buckled thanks to a smoky blackened belt. He happens to amble about in soft white night-treader socks, his steps muffled by the dark smoky grayish houseslippers worn upon his feet. Ghostly white spats seem to float atop the slippers' covers. Finally, he dons a mahogany browned smoking jacket, bound by a thick silverized band running around the collar and down the sides of the jacket's body.

Backstory:
The Magic Mirror gained fame for telling the truth and granting access to its teller in fairy tales of ancient lore. Like most fairy tales, legends or myths, there is usually a kernel of truth in them. It happens that such a mirror existed in the remote and oft-penetrated Numbervanian or Transylvanian townships. This heirloom was passed down through the generations until ending up at the master of mathematics' haunted homely doomicile. Gnarled curls wraught in the gilded fright frame surround the flat full-length glassy glaze of this portal. Vincent only appears when summoned for, taking up residence in his mirror-world's comfortable cushioned chair. Should he be shattered into pieces, it would mean seven years bad luck for that person... And for this haunter too, except that he can gather the shards and reform himself whole once again. Another of his talents is turning other largened looking glass hangings into dimensional portals allowing haunters to move throughout the hallowed grounds. His own mirror, of course, is excepted from the effect as he would not wish to have himself nor his chair bumped out of place.

Counting Scene:
The mirror, seen ordinarily as one, hangs from the Castle Atrium's main hallway. It has a place of honor above the hall's nightstand, just between both principle dormitory doors. These open up in opposing manner so as not to block the mirror from view. Vincent calmly comes forth, the glassy gloom parting as the shimmering shine eerily iluminates around him. He takes his seat ready to dispense some wisdom, twisted though it may be as he sometimes likes to tell his truths in manic mannerism. At last, the thundercloud hovering around the upper rim of the fright frame shoots its bolt, shaped reminiscently of the 7 stamped on its sphere, as the reflective respondant gets added to the Counting Castle's cast of souls.

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
Vincent has captured my heart.

He reminds me of my dear friend.
He lives near us selling delicious coconut drinks to the people who drive by.

I come over his house almost everyday--and for some odd reason, I remind him of his long dead wife.

He always gives me advice when I am deeply troubled.
A very wise man who becomes slightly disdained easily when I don't want to see the truth. -red-

Eventually I see the truth of his words.

<3

His name may not be Vincent...
But I call him "Old man Puerto Rico".

XD

Since he loves talking about his younger years in PR.
He just turned 70. :big_grin:

Loved Vincent. <3

Can't wait for more characters.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Nice choices, the mirror at # 7 is very appropriate of course given the whole "7 years bad luck" concept. I like Nero too. Who will be next?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
-------------
Character Entry #8.
Name: Attracophney Spider.
Favorite I-Scream Flavor: Spiderhouse Cider.
Dislikes: Getting her arms and legs tangled up in a complicated webspinning dance move.
*Scaring Talent: Arachnid Eightstep.

Appearance:
The smaller of the spiders trio, Attracophney looks to be about the same height as most Muppet kids somewhat in range with Prairie Dawn's own stature. This spider has soft gray spiderlike skin covering her entire body and gray-blackened fuzz upon all eight of her rodlike limbs. She has a fuzzball-shaped head atop her humanoid body. She has two black-pupiled orbs, two slightly overcast crescent gray eyelids, and short curly black eyelashes. She has a noseless face, and two lightly gray-skinned kissable lips along with a slender semicircular Muppetlike black inner mouth. A blackened hemispherical spider shell caps the back of her traditional round-ovaled female human body. Her six upper spidery limbs end in three-digit padded hands, serving as her rhythmically swinging arms, while her lower two limbs serve as her legs also ending in three-digit padded feet—bent at where her human knees would be located. Her wardrobe is quite simple, combining elements to make her look the part of a dancer. She wears a blackened bodice upon her upper body—covering most of her abdomen and the lower part of her chests—allowing her arms to issue forth from its sufficient sleeved sockets. A purplish skirt, belted around her waist by a blackened belt, ends in shredded-tipped strips fluttering fast and free during her dancing. She wears two unseen anklet stockings and a pair of perfectly polished black tapdancing shoes, noticeably secured by their silken spiderweb lacing. Finally, she has a soft gray shawl worn around her neck clasped by means of a small darker gray bat pin, and eight purplish ribbons tied one each around her limbs.

Backstory:
Attracophney was the first of the three spiders to crawl out of hiding when the Count took up residence in his native Numbervanian neighborhood once again. She happens to be the smaller of the trio, Arachne and the Spider Queen successively taller in height. Hearing the music of the night, she couldn't stop from spinning her crazy eight appendages giving in to her terpsichorian temptations. As the first dancer on the floor she tries to let others find their groove, opting not to complicate the choreography too much. She tends to get along well with other dancing divas, sharing the spotlight from the spooklights when the haunted home hosts a midnight monster marathon disco dance-off.

Counting Scene:
From within the mainstay staircase, a sidedoor creaks open. Attracophney emerges from her closet room there beneath the stairs, cobwebs clinging to the upper clandestine corners. She performs a spidery-stretching dance routine, staying close to hr secluded shelter, arms dusting the nearby walls in her rhythmic ritual. After finishing, she reaches up patting the familiar thundercloud stuck in a patch of the walled webbing. A black 8 graces the cloud's cover now as it struggles to shoot off a blinding bolt to free itself while the arachnid gets added to the Counting Castle's cast of souls.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey... Why doncha try posting more to your own stories? Trust me Squeek cheeks, you'll get more love that way. And cookies too. Unless you prefer muffins... *Prods sis lightly with nagging stick to get her to update Nora, Pirates, Hard Knock, or anything of hers really as we wanna read more.

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
:0..>_>...<_<...D: Meep?
*Still prods him to post more of his fabu characters*
*Neglects her own fic(s)* XP

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Then... We're dead, cause I ain't posting the one that would make Bethy and Kathy happy till you post more of yourn. So meep mat and meep it.