1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Courage the Cowardly Dog returning?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Schfifty, Jul 23, 2014.

1. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Speaking of THE CHICKEN FROM OUTER SPACE, here's a clip from when it was nominated for an Oscar at the 1996 Academy Awards:

You can see Dilly shaking Nick Park's hand.

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  2. Schfifty

Schfifty Well-Known Member

I was kind of expecting there to be brief clips of the nominees so we could see them in action, but that's nice nonetheless.

3. D'Snowth

We have more commentaries coming though. Dilly's been taking fan requests on the side (doing King Ramses' voice, and doing animal impersonations) - I know how important it was for him to incorporate themes into almost every episode of Courage, and asked if he'd discuss any particularly poignant/significant episodes and explain why the theme was important to him, how the story was built around it, and what message was he wanting to tell. He said he plans on doing that in future commentaries.

He also thinks this may have something to do with why Courage isn't getting rebooted. Working those themes, undertones, and messages into Courage really gave it more depth and subtext compared to most other animated series out there, but it doesn't seem like the people at CN are interested in that kind of storytelling.

4. D'Snowth

I continue to be fascinated by Dilly's traditional approach to Flash animation:

5. Schfifty

I saw that yesterday. Indeed, it's so cool watching these videos of him animating in Flash, to soothing classical music too.

On another topic, does anybody know which studio animated this old promo with Scooby and Shaggy? I'm always interested in which studios animated various promos/bumpers on CN. This might be Wang, but a more definite answer would be appreciated.

6. D'Snowth

The Courage portion looks like Stretch Films since it's in the style of Courage, but Shaggy and Scooby may possible be Todd Wahnish, he seems to have animated a majority of the bumpers and promos seen on CN during the Powerhouse Era.

Check out his YouTube channel!

7. Schfifty

I watched a tiny bit of "The Great Fusilli" while going through an old tape today, and it just popped into my mind: doesn't Fusilli sound a little bit like Tigger, but with a different accent?

(I know Jim Cummings voices both characters, but it's just a random question.)

8. D'Snowth

I always thought Fusilli sounded like Cat from CATDOG, but like you say, with a different accent.

9. D'Snowth

Dilly announced on Facebook yesterday that principal animation on his new film has finally been completed (took nearly two years) - now they're going to "paint" it over the summer; he's still saying it will see a fall release, and I'm kind of wondering if it may be in November, consider one (or possibly two) of the characters is named November.

10. D'Snowth

Dilly has finally given us a look at what Prudence was originally supposed to look like:

In a way, I guess I can kind of understand why whatever network he was developing this with didn't care for the design: they probably felt like this would be fat-shaming girls, though Dilly's argument is the revisions he made to her design (making her much slimmer and doing away with her glasses) was setting unrealistic standards of what networks feel like little girls should look like.

I can see it both ways though.

11. D'Snowth

The latest update on GOOSE IN HIGH HEELS is that it's finally in post for editing, sound effects, and all that jazz, and apparently Dilly decided he wanted to take one of the narratives from the short and cut it into a separate pilot pitch for a new horror comedy series. Not sure what will become of that, since he hasn't been too successful in getting any potential new series off the ground since Courage, however GOOSE IN HIGH HEELS will be released in September, and at twenty-three minutes, I think this will be his longest one yet.

12. D'Snowth

GOOSE IN HIGH HEELS is finally finished.

And we won't get to see it. :mad:

Apparently these film festivals have a regulation of some sort that prohibits Dilly from uploading the film to YouTube, which is very disappointing following these WIP videos for two years and then not get to see the finished project.

But, he will be uploading a trailer for it sometime soon, so I guess that's better than nothing.

13. Schfifty

Well, I imagine the whole film will be available for us to see someday soon. The Fog of Courage has been posted online a few times already, so probably the new film will be released on YouTube eventually.

But nice to hear that it's done!

14. D'Snowth

Here's a trailer Dilly and Willy cut for us to see:

I wouldn't recommend watching it at 1080p though - looks wonky for some reason; 720p gives smoother quality.