Creepiest Movie Ever!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You know, we've got the "Best Movie Ever" thread, we've got the "Worst Movie Ever" thread, and I'm sure we've got another "Whateverest Movie Ever" thread... so now here's the "Creepiest Movie Ever" thread.

So anyway, although I tend to lean more towards comedy and genres like that, so I used to think that, even though it isn't THAT creepy, that Pee-wee's Big Adventure was creepy.

But then the other night I'm watching TV with my dad, and he's watching The Wicker Man... DANG! If that isn't the creepiest movie ever, then I'll pretend to eat my hat.

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
Pee Wee--CREEPY!
FINALLY! SOMEONE AGREES!

Candyman frightens me too...

*Feels the bees sting her flesh*

AHHHHHHHHHHHH!
*Rocks back and forth like a mad woman*

Beakerfan

Reaction score
Ooh! Candyman..... O_O creepy.....

I had one... but I forget the name of it!

MrsPepper

Reaction score
The Brave Little Toaster.

It creeps the whatevers out of me. Absolutely terrifying.

karamazov80

Reaction score
In my opinion, it doesn't get creepier than "Dead Ringers," the David Cronenberg film about issue-riddled twin gynecologists both played by Jeremy Irons. Just see how you feel after that one's over. . .unpleasant. . .to say the least.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Pet Cemetary. Nobody in my family, or even immediate family can watch that movie.

For my mother, with the exception of some of the "milder" Stephen King movies, (not sure what 'milder' would translate into of course, do not ask me) she can't watch any horror movie. Pretty much, neither can I!

But I lately have been able to watch some Stephen King movies, "Cujo" and "It" for a couple. Maybe the internet is desentiving [sic] me? There is however one set of Horror movies I've always been able to watch, not really sure why...."Child's Play". That set of movies I've always been able to watch. Mom can't stand them, and she used to ban me from watching them. Now she just says "record it, and don't watch them around me." LOL.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Mary Poppins....Yes, I know...But it creeps the life out of me!

Beakerfan

Reaction score
Chimchiminee chimchiminee chim chim chereee! My life is as lucky as lucky can be! Chimchiminee chimchiminee chim chim cheroo! Good luck will rub off when I shakes ands with you! *shakes Beau's hand, getting soot everywhere, then waltzes off*

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, Snowth, the original Wicker Man with Christopher Lee is pretty creepy...the remake with Nicolas Cage is unintentionally funny...

Step away from the bike!

My legs, my legs! Oh no...not the bees, not the bees! Aaaaarrrrggghhh! My eyes! My eyes!
Well... actually, I kind of was refering to the one with Nicolas Cage, because I don't believe I saw the one with Christopher Lee, and in fact, never heard of it until you said something... but I'll take your word for it that it's creepier than the one I saw, but I have to admit, the one I saw WAS pretty creepy in my opinion anyway.

The Brave Little Toaster.

It creeps the whatevers out of me. Absolutely terrifying.
Really? ! I love that movie! Tell the truth, is it where they're all in that appliance store, and the workshop in the backroom was set up like Dr. Frankenstein's lab, sort of?

Drtooth

Reaction score
So anyway, although I tend to lean more towards comedy and genres like that, so I used to think that, even though it isn't THAT creepy, that Pee-wee's Big Adventure was creepy.

It did have creepy moments. Chalk that up to Tim Burton, whose movies are playfully creepy. The Large Marge segment and the nightmare sequence about the clowns destroying PeeWee's bike were creepy. no complaint there. Still one of my favorite movies.

The only movie in my adult life to ever terrify me is the original "Night of the living Dead." As I said earlier on another thread, the lack of expensive flashy special effects gave this movie a dark, gritty reality. Do you think Zombies are going to look like melted latex, or like normal people? If they look like Latex, you can see them a mile away, but if they're normal looking anyone could be a Zombie.