Custom figures and dioramas

Dearth

Reaction score
As for more Muppet recasts of movies, I do have a couple of those in mind.

I still want to do more with Jurasick Pork. I've got a couple more figures I need to customize, like Dr. Bunsen Honeydew as John Hammond, and Piggy as the Swinosaurus. I also need to retouch my Gonzo-as-Ian-Malcolm, because the Lew Zealand frill scraped away some of the hand-mixed paint on his torso when I redressed him for Moulin Scrooge.

In a similar vein, I have several pages of storyboards doodled for 'Gonzilla', which has less to do with Godzilla movies than it has to do with films like The Fifty-Foot Woman, but 'Gonzilla' was a better pun than 'The Fifty-Foot Weirdo'.

And I had an idea recently for a Muppet recast of a certain well-loved musical from the 80's. I know exactly which Muppets I want in which roles (and once again, Gonzo's casting is really ideal). But the biggest hurdle is that first I'll have to make a really good custom of Annie Sue, because she's the perfect Muppet for the lead role.

In the meantime, I'm also wanting to set a photonovel on Koozebane to make use of my diorama. But anything set on Koozebane will probably involve the Swinetrek, and for that I need to finish my 'Swinetrek engineering' set and some other similar environment extensions.

Speaking of which, has anyone got good reference images, even from pop-up books and story books, etc. of the rest of the Swinetrek? Any locations BESIDES the Bridge? It can be anything... backgrounds from the animated PiS on Little Muppet Monsters, stuff from the Atari videogame, stuff in Muppet Magazine.

I've asked in the past for scans of an issue of MM that showed the landing gear. I still need that, but I'll take whatever's out there.

I just don't want to build something entirely from my imagination and then have the inevitable wisenheimers make comments like, "Why didn't you include this detail from this obscure source material?"

Um, 'cause I didn't have those reference items? Maybe? Thanks for hogging them all... no pun intended.

Alex

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
The Life of Brian Crusified scene was just an idea, cause I can totally see Gonzo singing that, then leading the cast with him, in the worst possible situation.

Dearth

Reaction score
for the gonzilla, you could use mega muppet gonzo and the mini muppets
Yep, the storyboards that I drew had several different combinations of scales of toy, so that by continuing to make Kermit et al. smaller and smaller, Gonzo will seem to continue growing throughout the story. Bigger and bigger until...

Well, I didn't want to give away the plot, but I guess I can trust you guys...

See, in my storyline, Beaker had spilled Insta-Grow pills in the chicken feed, and in order to corral the chickens, Gonzo volunteered to be enlarged. But something in his unknown DNA reacts to the Insta-Grow and Gonzo just keeps getting bigger, and wilder.

Bunsen comes up with an antidote, but they can't get Gonzo to take it... so in order to redeem himself, Beaker enlarges himself to administer the antidote... and the two Mega Muppets duke it out in proper Tokyo-smashing style.

Just an idea.

Alex

Dearth

Reaction score
That... was not as funny.
Yep, that was the whole point of the exercise. To show that a 'flawless' telling of the joke could never match the hilarity of their frustration at messing it up.

Oddly enough, I logged onto YouTube last night and had a message from a young man saying "Do more Muppet Show alternate takes."

Alex

rowlfy662

Reaction score
i liked and LamangoNumber2 i dont think its funny well the joke is not but its how they do it that makes it funny:smile: